Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #16
DQPapa
Earning My Ears

My wife likes the 1400 loop because its close to the pool, tennis courts, etc..
Any premium loop works for me because of the larger cement pad
We have a Monaco Windsor 40' and sometimes it can be a little tight maneuvering
the motorhome in and out of the loops when we check in & check out
DQPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
RoyalBlunders
Always a Princess but by no means Perfect!

We were in the 1400 loop. I think I said I was in the preferred loop but should have said premium (I'm usually at resorts so preferred was in my head-sorry as I know this makes a difference when it comes to location)

We really did love the location and I know that is all that should matter. But because we were so very new (we picked up our rig in FL and drove straight to the Fort to figure out how to set up and get our feet wet) we were really looking for other MH owners to gain WISDOM,lol. We were so thankful for those around us who could walk us through the basics though. Now as we prepare for this Aug. we are sorting through the pics on the app we have to see if we can figure out where we want to be. THANKS SO MUCH to all for the great conversation and advice. It's great to hear everyone's favorites!
Jan.2007-Pop Century * Sept.2008-All Star Music * Aug.2009-Off Site * Feb.2010-Saratoga Springs * Jan.2011-Disneyland * July 2011-Disneyland * Dec.2011-POR!! First time for the Holidays!!! * Aug 2012 Fort Wilderness Campsites-First time RV!
RoyalBlunders is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #18
RoyalBlunders

Deleted for double posting-sorry
Jan.2007-Pop Century * Sept.2008-All Star Music * Aug.2009-Off Site * Feb.2010-Saratoga Springs * Jan.2011-Disneyland * July 2011-Disneyland * Dec.2011-POR!! First time for the Holidays!!! * Aug 2012 Fort Wilderness Campsites-First time RV!

Last edited by RoyalBlunders; 03-03-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
RoyalBlunders

Bronk~ We love the seneca because it gives us two bunks and the over head sleeper. For our family of six it allows us all to sleep without converting our living area or eating space. I wish they would have put in U-shaped dinettes and washer/dryers since they are "Designed" for large families. Oh third world problems. We feel very blessed to have it as we need it for traveling for our Non-Profit. One of our donors wrote a very generous check to purchase it for us and the original owner took a partial donation on it selling it below value so we could get in at our "Cash" price. We are so excited to make it our Home away from home now. Our children LOVE the new ease of travel and as parents we love that the "adventure" our kids get to take as we set out to help others.
The Entegra Coach looks amazing! I would be afraid to let my little ones in there
Old 03-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
super_camper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBlunders View Post
Just looking for a little advice from some of you who have the bigger rigs. We have a 2008 Jayco Seneca (Class Super C-Diesel) unit. Our first trip to the fort was last July. We were only able to stay for about 3 days (we had just purchased it and needed a few days to get to know it before we drove it across the country to get it home)
We booked with Disney over the phone and they placed us in a preferred site right across for the chip and dale camp fire. We were surprised to see lots of fifth wheels and travel trailers in that area. We were hoping to be closer to some of the other MH to get some quick schooling so to speak being new to the RV life. As we were walking around it seemed the Bigger Rigs were further away. Just wondering if there is a different area the MH's like to be and why? We are heading back in Aug. and will be there around 10 days or so and would love to be around some other Class A's or C's this time to gain some much needed wisdom. Is there a certain area we should be requesting or level of campsite? We were so impressed with everyone around us and honestly think every RV (tt, 5wh, and MH) owner we have met so far has been amazing but just looking to be able to bounce things off others who may have similar issues.
THANKS!!! Loving all that I am learning from reading the other threads!
You're going to see a mix of all types of RV's in all types of sites at FW (there really is no "pecking" order), I think you can expect most larger RV's (40ft+) to stay mostly in the premium sites though as there is more room to maneuver. If it's insight and learning that you're after I think you will gain the same amount regardless of the type of RV.

The term big rigs is sort of relative, to me you're referring to the 45+ foot RV with 25+ foot trailers that have little room to negotiate around tight spots - in this case I would recommend the premium sites only as there is more room to maneuver into and out of a site.
super_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
RoyalBlunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_camper View Post
You're going to see a mix of all types of RV's in all types of sites at FW (there really is no "pecking" order), I think you can expect most larger RV's (40ft+) to stay mostly in the premium sites though as there is more room to maneuver. If it's insight and learning that you're after I think you will gain the same amount regardless of the type of RV.

The term big rigs is sort of relative, to me you're referring to the 45+ foot RV with 25+ foot trailers that have little room to negotiate around tight spots - in this case I would recommend the premium sites only as there is more room to maneuver into and out of a site.

I honestly had no intention of implying that there is/was a "pecking order". We simply assumed that if this was the recommendation of Disney where they felt we should be, we would have seen other large MH. Our "Big Rig" is 37ft with a 30Ft matching Trailer. We had lot of questions that had to do with "what could we operate and run as we drove down the road
what should we avoid doing as we travel. To tow a vehicle or not, and if not, what do you do for outings." Those kind of things my mom (who owns a 5wh) didn't have answers for. If I had my way we would have been in a TT due to the layouts had options that work better for young families. However because of the number of miles we put on the road each month and the ages of our kiddos it was more "humane" to not keep them strapped into a car-seat for 8-12 hour days.

When we saw there were no other MH near us, we began to wonder if we overpaid just for the location and could have went for a further away spot and still have room to fit. I'm a discount, budget disney fan. If I can save money somewhere I will. We still have a lot to learn about the fort and since we got our MH at the end of the season last year we still have a lot to learn and believe others are a valuable tool to do so

We also heard there were some sites that were pull through but those were all taken. Thankfully my DH can back up anything and park like a pro so this was less of a concern but some of the roads at the fort were very tight and had us a little nervous on the turns. I guess we are just going to have to visit more often to get use to it
Old 03-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #22
RoyalBlunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQPapa View Post
My wife likes the 1400 loop because its close to the pool, tennis courts, etc..
Any premium loop works for me because of the larger cement pad
We have a Monaco Windsor 40' and sometimes it can be a little tight maneuvering
the motorhome in and out of the loops when we check in & check out
I agree the location was fantastic for getting the little ones to and from the activities. We didn't have a golf cart so we felt so far from everything else. I am embarrassed to say, I found the bus stops far more confusing then the hotel resorts so we mostly walked to the boat dock (our kids LOVED riding the boats) so we may have to invest in the golf cart. With 6 of us though it would have to be a decent size golf cart and that means no room for our truck. I hate the idea of renting a cart though each year . A few more trips and I hope we will have our routine figured out
Old 03-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
Old Snipe
Mouseketeer

We've been to the Fort annually since 2002 and have been in a variety of sites in different loops. Since 2007 we've been going in our 40' Winnebago Journey (ok, it's 39ft, 11 inches long) and have fit in every site we've been given.

Sometimes it takes a little jockeying to get in but we always fit. Have been in the standard, preferred and premium sites and we're happy to get to the Fort regardless. It's our favortie campground, bar none.

Best Regards!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
RoyalBlunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snipe View Post
We've been to the Fort annually since 2002 and have been in a variety of sites in different loops. Since 2007 we've been going in our 40' Winnebago Journey (ok, it's 39ft, 11 inches long) and have fit in every site we've been given.

Sometimes it takes a little jockeying to get in but we always fit. Have been in the standard, preferred and premium sites and we're happy to get to the Fort regardless. It's our favortie campground, bar none.

Best Regards!
LOL I think you def. qualify as 40ft That's great to know! Thanks! Hope to see you there sometime
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #25
RoyalBlunders

I just wanted to Thank everyone for your words of wisdom and taking the time to post. I am going through the app to see all the different loops you have all suggested and even from remembering back to our first visit to the Fort, I honestly just can't imagine there being a bad spot,lol. My kiddos are getting so excited and we even asked if they could stay at any of the resorts this summer, where would they want that to be? It was a unanimous vote (which never happens between the 4 of them) they all said the Fort! Excited to be back in the MH this summer and even more excited to be back at the Fort!
Thanks again for the advice and feel free to keep it coming :D
Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #26
jbrostek
Mouseketeer

38' Monaco knight and I have stayed most recently in the 300 loop, but also the 500 and the 1800. I think the 1800 was the tightest I had to pull into due to the postion of the trees and the two cars hugging the loop road in the campsite opposite of me. But with some patience I had no issue. 300 and 500 loops where easy and I liked the 500 loops wider site. But the 300 is just as good since its close to the dog park for me.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
RoyalBlunders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrostek View Post
38' Monaco knight and I have stayed most recently in the 300 loop, but also the 500 and the 1800. I think the 1800 was the tightest I had to pull into due to the postion of the trees and the two cars hugging the loop road in the campsite opposite of me. But with some patience I had no issue. 300 and 500 loops where easy and I liked the 500 loops wider site. But the 300 is just as good since its close to the dog park for me.
WOW! Great info! Thanks for filling us in on three more loops. Soon we should have them all covered
Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
jbrostek
Mouseketeer

It really depends on your sites entrance and the curve of the loop, but as long your spotter is in tune with you, then pulling in is no problem. As for your trailer, I am sure you know you can leave that down in overflow parking. And with a family of 6, I could see wanting the car for some off Disney even for a meal out as you probably can save a little that way. I go down with a group, so we have at least 1 vehicle to use (one of the group pulls a 5th wheel.) And only this past year did I leave disney, but that was for a food run since our last trip was 2 weeks at the fort and you can only carry so much food.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
kelsma03
Earning My Ears

This is great info. We are heading down at Christmas in our 45' Tiffin Zephyr. At that size are there any loops we should avoid at all costs.

We're are going to Disney twice before then so maybe we'll take a drive around and scope out the loops.
kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsma03 View Post
This is great info. We are heading down at Christmas in our 45' Tiffin Zephyr. At that size are there any loops we should avoid at all costs.

We're are going to Disney twice before then so maybe we'll take a drive around and scope out the loops.
I would avoid 100-300 for sure, although there are a very few site exceptions. We even have occasional problems with our 32 ft MH if someone happens to be hogging a site where their vehicle protrudes into the street somewhat at critical places.

The premium loops would probably be preferable to you.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: