Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
luckypup
Mouseketeer

POR or CSR? Help!

Can't decide please help! DH, DD (13) and me for 5 days in May. Last two stays YC and BWI- will miss Epcot area but just can't afford this time. Will have car, but normally use Disney transportation 90%. Will do all parks and DTD and resort pool too. Input please!!
BWI 5/11
POR 5/13

luckypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Princess_Belle
DIS Veteran

I am in the same dilemma, I have stayed at POR the past 2 times and LOVED IT!! It is beautiful!! Counter Service is great! The bost to DTD is great!! But I wanna try something new and CSR has appeal to me. I'm just scared of the size and the counter service. We usually book preferred at POR so we are close to everything and that's not available at CSR during our travel times. So I don't know what to do.

If you go with POR, you won't regret it. It's a beautiful resort.
Dec 2003: Off Site - Candlelight Processional Choir March 2007: Off Site Sept 2007: Contemporary MK view- Disney Wedding/honeymoon Dec 2007: All Star Music May 2008: Pop Century Sept 2008: Caribbean Beach ResortFeb 2009: All Star Movies Nov 2010: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 2012: Port Orleans RiversideApril 2013: Port Orleans Riverside
Princess_Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
geckodani
DIS Veteran

Tough choice! I like the rooms and the pool at CSR better than POR, so I'd lean CSR.
geckodani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Belle View Post
I am in the same dilemma, I have stayed at POR the past 2 times and LOVED IT!! It is beautiful!! Counter Service is great! The bost to DTD is great!! But I wanna try something new and CSR has appeal to me. I'm just scared of the size and the counter service. We usually book preferred at POR so we are close to everything and that's not available at CSR during our travel times. So I don't know what to do.
Request Casitas #4. It is the first building not preferred, and still very close to the restaurants. Another plus is that the bus stop behind Casitas #4 is the first stop picked up and dropped off.

I love both POR and CSR. You can't make a bad choice.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Belle View Post

If you go with POR, you won't regret it. It's a beautiful resort.
Add me to the same dilemma! We have also stayed at POR twice and loved it, but are hesitant about CSR because we use the food court so often. We loved the food court at POR and I am skeptical about the Pepper Market and that whole concept.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both at prefer CSR.

We found the bus service to be miles above at CSR. We were lucky to get a bus at POR (had to opt for taxi's several times to avoid missing ADRs) and at CSR I think we had to stand once our entire stay... the buses were often empty!

As for size, I felt like the times/distances were the same if not slightly worse at POR.

GL with your choice!

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
jwill
Hockey playing Fly Boy

My last stay was at Csr and I really enjoyed but I give the nod to Por.To me I thought Por had a better food court and was a bit more picturesque. Csr starts out pretty but toward the back of the resort with the desert southwest theming it feels barren. I know that is what they were going for in that area but I guess I prefer the lush greenery of Por.
jwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: