Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #1726
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Yeah, those are both good scenes! Lord knows I watch Peter Pan daily right now! His birthday is the day before we leave and we're only about 5-6 hours away so I guess we could take any extra cake home with us, since we drive, and continue the celebration! Maybe we'll just eat cake for lunch on the road!
We did something very similar with the Belle cake we got in 2011. It was almost a disaster, but I still laugh about it. For whatever reason, DH didn't feel the box was secure enough for the road trip so I fit as much leftover cake as I could in gallon sized ziplock bags. I just remember being somewhere in the FL panhandle eating cake from a bag
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #1727
TiggerTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post

I expect they probably can, but it probably goes along with the "no monorail with an over the hill theme," they can only pair things that are true to the nature of the Disney icon.
Maybe you'd have better luck with a Three Caballeros Donald along with the IASW theme?
I have a feeling that's what I'm going to hear. Good call on the Three Caballeros, since that look could fit in with IASW. I could have sworn I'd seen images with all of the Fab 5 dressed as IASW characters - i.e. anniversary kind of stuff, but I can't find it anywhere to prove that the themes have been blended by Disney before. I have a plan B that involves the "small" castle topper, but we start getting into more crazy $ as soon as that topper comes into play.

We shall see...thanks for the idea!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #1728
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Wow I cant believe that Disney is letting her get away with this. This is not wast Disney customer service is all about. I hate to even say that I am glad I was not the only one that had a problem with her. Any idea on who I can contact to go over her if the CR wont workout for me?

Did any of you write or make a call complaining about her and her service?

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #1729
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Wow I cant believe that Disney is letting her get away with this. This is not wast Disney customer service is all about. I hate to even say that I am glad I was not the only one that had a problem with her. Any idea on who I can contact to go over her if the CR wont workout for me?

Did any of you write or make a call complaining about her and her service?
Had the same issues with Pat. Was told options weren't available, it's not possible etc. I was married at Disney and read here so knew what she was telling me wasn't up to snuff. I contacted the contemporary and asked if there was any way to have a cake delivered to the GF, that I was having so many issues, and that I didn't care what the delivery fee was, I'd pay it! By next morning I had an email from the pastry chef at the GF and everything was smooth sailing. I'd be polite but insistent and try somewhere else.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #1730
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger View Post
I have a feeling that's what I'm going to hear. Good call on the Three Caballeros, since that look could fit in with IASW. I could have sworn I'd seen images with all of the Fab 5 dressed as IASW characters - i.e. anniversary kind of stuff, but I can't find it anywhere to prove that the themes have been blended by Disney before. I have a plan B that involves the "small" castle topper, but we start getting into more crazy $ as soon as that topper comes into play.

We shall see...thanks for the idea!
I know this is a really small image, but it might help anyway. It's a pin.

I know you wanted a hula Donald, and this isn't it, but he is blended with Small World.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #1731
TiggerTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
I know this is a really small image, but it might help anyway. It's a pin.

I know you wanted a hula Donald, and this isn't it, but he is blended with Small World.
Thank you! Very cute! And now I kind of want that pin! It will definitely be part of my photo selection if they say no to hula Donald, but yes to that option.

I think I may have also stumbled on some figurines that could help me. The first is a Jim Shore figurine. The second is from the Walt Disney Classic Collection. Both were obviously approved of and sold directly through Disney, so they can't come back and say they've never sanctioned anything with Donald in a hula skirt and lei.

Sooooo, hoping this will help. Of course, they can come back and say that Donald is always in a sombrero if associated with IASW, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by TiggerTrigger; 03-11-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #1732
AuroraRora
Princess

Skylarr, that cake with the little castle on top is GORGEOUS!! May I ask how big it was and what it cost, and the flavors? I've never felt any desire to have a cake ordered until I saw that one!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #1733
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
Skylarr, that cake with the little castle on top is GORGEOUS!! May I ask how big it was and what it cost, and the flavors? I've never felt any desire to have a cake ordered until I saw that one!
It was around $500 total. Price break down is approx. $250 cake, $200 white chocolate Cinderella castle cake topper, and $30 for the smash cake (I'm not looking at the actual email but that's pretty close). The top tier was marble cake with peanut butter cup mousse and the bottom tier was yellow cake with Bavarian cream and fresh raspberries. The topper is actually 3 lbs and about 6 inches in diameter and I think 10 or so inches tall if I had to guess, we brought it home with us and it sits in my daughters room. It was delivered for my daughters 1st birthday at the Garden View Tea Room.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #1734
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did something very similar with the Belle cake we got in 2011. It was almost a disaster, but I still laugh about it. For whatever reason, DH didn't feel the box was secure enough for the road trip so I fit as much leftover cake as I could in gallon sized ziplock bags. I just remember being somewhere in the FL panhandle eating cake from a bag
Awesome! We live on the Florida panhandle! Men! That's totally something mine would come up with too! Maybe I could pack some tupperware in the car!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #1735
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sooooo, hoping this will help. Of course, they can come back and say that Donald is always in a sombrero if associated with IASW, but I'll just have to wait and see.
Somehow I doubt they'll put that much effort into it. I would start out with just sending the hula images, and only send the sombrero image if they say absolutely not and you need a back up.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #1736
TiggerTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Somehow I doubt they'll put that much effort into it. I would start out with just sending the hula images, and only send the sombrero image if they say absolutely not and you need a back up.
And that's just it...they've been very pleasant and accomodating for previous cakes, so here's hoping for more of the same with this.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #1737
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And that's just it...they've been very pleasant and accomodating for previous cakes, so here's hoping for more of the same with this.
I doubt hula Donald will be as problematic as an over the hill monorail.
It might be more of an issue to get them to dress him at all.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #1738
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Finally got an answer

So Yvonne at AoA emailed the Beach and Yacht and they emailed back saying the could do a 6 inch vanilla and vanilla cake with blue and purple icing and image of flynn and rapunzel for $62. I was assuming edible image printed on cake and didn't like that idea. So I asked about a mini cake with the same colors to represent the lantern sky in Tangled and to do a braid down the tiers with flowers and her tiara on top, with happy first anniversary sign. They said yes and charged me $45, said they could have it delivered to our room at AoA the night of our arrival. So happy. So yes, they can do Tangled, now we know.

We get there Saturday, I will make sure to take plenty of pictures

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #1739
melissamacpherson78
Earning My Ears

Smile Suggestions for a mini cake please!

Hello all!! I'm so happy to have found this thread! All of the cake pictures look so yummy. We will be celebrating my daughter's 8th birthday at CRT on April 23. I just called private dining at the Contemporary resort and was told the only flavors available for a mini cake are chocolate and vanilla with chocolate filling. Is this correct? I was really hoping for a filling with fresh strawberries

The CM I spoke with mentioned 2 cakes: one was a blue star cake and the other was pink with zebra print and polka dots. Has anyone seen pictures of these?

My daughter's favorite color is purple and she loves anything that sparkles! Her favorite Disney character is Ariel. It doesn't look like I can get a white chocolate Ariel character and I don't like the screen prints. Does anyone have any suggestions for a mini cake that will blow her away?? I'm hoping to stay within $50-60.

Thanks!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #1740
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
So Yvonne at AoA emailed the Beach and Yacht and they emailed back saying the could do a 6 inch vanilla and vanilla cake with blue and purple icing and image of flynn and rapunzel for $62. I was assuming edible image printed on cake and didn't like that idea. So I asked about a mini cake with the same colors to represent the lantern sky in Tangled and to do a braid down the tiers with flowers and her tiara on top, with happy first anniversary sign. They said yes and charged me $45, said they could have it delivered to our room at AoA the night of our arrival. So happy. So yes, they can do Tangled, now we know.

We get there Saturday, I will make sure to take plenty of pictures
Glad you could get the Tangled theme! But just to clarify, the $62 price you were quoted would have been for a fancy cake with buttercream. The image would have been a 2D image on white chocolate and there would have been flowers with other theme related decorations included. I had them do the Ariel cake I posted a page or two back and that was $60 plus tax. The six inch with an edible image printed on the cake would only be around $25. Just thought I would pass on the info.

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: