Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 720

Using a TS credit for a QS meal

I will only get a dinning plan if free dinning comes out for my dates ( end of oct ) we are staying at a mod, so my understanding is you get the plan with 1 TS, 1QS and a snack. But we won't do but a couple TS meals. So my question is can we get a QS meal and use a TS credit?
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I will only get a dinning plan if free dinning comes out for my dates ( end of oct ) we are staying at a mod, so my understanding is you get the plan with 1 TS, 1QS and a snack. But we won't do but a couple TS meals. So my question is can we get a QS meal and use a TS credit?
Yes, you can do this anywhere on property as of Jan 2012.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

Yes, you can do this anywhere on property as of Jan 2012.
Thank you!
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
davedmaine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I will only get a dinning plan if free dinning comes out for my dates ( end of oct ) we are staying at a mod, so my understanding is you get the plan with 1 TS, 1QS and a snack. But we won't do but a couple TS meals. So my question is can we get a QS meal and use a TS credit?
Yes, but you may want to think twice about free dining in your case (unless you're staying at a value). You'll save more $$ with a room discount, particularly if you're using TS credits for a QS meal. Remember, free dining isn't free.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
catne
DIS Veteran
 
catne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 8,363

there's also a suggestion that if the free dining discount is offered this year, it will be the quick service plan...and only offered at mods & deluxe resorts. If that happens, you won't get any table service credits, so might solve your problem that way.
__________________
Cathy from Nebraska
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Yes, but you may want to think twice about free dining in your case (unless you're staying at a value). You'll save more $$ with a room discount, particularly if you're using TS credits for a QS meal. Remember, free dining isn't free.
It depends on how many people are in OP's party and their ages. Room discounts, even at mods and deluxes, can still be less of a discount than free dining for some.

And free dining is 100% free. It just might not be the best discount if there are others available. Everyone has to do their own math to see what works best for them.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine

Yes, but you may want to think twice about free dining in your case (unless you're staying at a value). You'll save more $$ with a room discount, particularly if you're using TS credits for a QS meal. Remember, free dining isn't free.
Ill definitely do the math should I be faced with discount vs FD. I'm staying at POR. Based on the current spring promotion (25% off) we would save roughly $500. I've looked at the menus and priced the highest priced things and it came to $1000 for the week for food. But I certainly have time to think about it! Given an offer pops up...
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

It depends on how many people are in OP's party and their ages. Room discounts, even at mods and deluxes, can still be less of a discount than free dining for some.

And free dining is 100% free. It just might not be the best discount if there are others available. Everyone has to do their own math to see what works best for them.
It's just 3 of us. Two adults and a child.
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.