Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Need help from Poly experts!

Ok I did it, took the plunge and used an in room bounce back offer and booked a stay at the Poly in October. Never have stayed there.....have stayed deluxe before but never paid the extra for Poly. What I need is any Poly experts to give me the secrets to enjoying this resort to the fullest! What building you liked, activities, advice on the eateries and any inside tips you may have! Our travel party will be me, DH and DS age 9. Thanks in advance for your expert help!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi
Ok I did it, took the plunge and used an in room bounce back offer and booked a stay at the Poly in October. Never have stayed there.....have stayed deluxe before but never paid the extra for Poly. What I need is any Poly experts to give me the secrets to enjoying this resort to the fullest! What building you liked, activities, advice on the eateries and any inside tips you may have! Our travel party will be me, DH and DS age 9. Thanks in advance for your expert help!
Not a expert. We are staying here for the first time in September. I have found the poly thread to be a great place to get all the info you are looking for. The first page will have a lot of it there. Check that out and if you have any more questions just post them there. Also check out Tiki mans Facebook page or website. He is the know all for the Poly.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

My best advice for you is to check out the Polynesian Hotel Thread where you can get a lot of information, if you have the time and patience to look through the thread. Posting more specific questions will generally get quite a few responses from all the members on the board as well.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2985839
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
ixmnrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
Also I like allears.net for info. Look at "accommodations"for pictures and videos and "the menus" for all restaurants is also on there.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

No expert, but we have stayed twice in the past 2 years, and are leaving in a few weeks for our 3rd with a split stay this time.

I have stayed in Samoa facing volcano pool on third floor with a balcony. Was a nice view. I have also stayed in Fiji and looked over marina and lake, and LOVED this view! Not all floors have balconies so if this is a must note on your reservation.

Volcano Pool is nice but can get VERY crowded, so just be prepared. We do Ohanas usually for one character breakfast. Captain Cooks is the fast food place or quick service meal it is ok. But the Dole Whips are a MUST!!!!

Resort is very pretty, try to catch the water parade one night on th beach while you are there. LOVE the monorail for MK and Epcot...You share busses for Hollywood, depending on time of year allow time for the bus.

By the time you go I believe most longhouses should be renovated.

Love the theming, very relaxing...

Enjoy your vacation!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazi View Post
We've only had one stay at the Poly, but that was enough to get us hooked and now the Poly is our favorite resort. We've stayed at all but 3 deluxes and the Poly remains our favorite. We were in Samoa and loved the location as we were just steps from the GCH, the volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks. One thing (among many) that we loved to do was relax in a hammock on the beach watching the fireworks. We also spent alot of time at the pool enjoying the atmosphere with a view of castle while swimming and Captain Cooks was convenient for grabbing quick meals or snacks. It was also relaxing walking around at night under the lit tiki torches. The Poly is an awesome resort and I hope you love it as much as we do. Have a great trip.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: