Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #16
BowlerHatGirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
I don't want to spend $100 a night for a bed
We're cruising to Alaska in September, and unfortunately, $140 a night seemed to be the very cheapest we could find in the Vancouver area.

I'm willing to stay in a cheaper hotel the night before, since:
1: It's not even a place to sleep, it's a place to pace back and forth staring at the clock.

2: I'd rather pay for an awesome stateroom onboard the ship.

3: It give our budget more wiggle room for sightseeing.

Priceline and others are your friends- keep your eyes peeled and you'll find a deal, I"m sure.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #17
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Stay at the Pan Pacific.

Take the elevator down to the port check in. Our kids woke up early to watch the Wonder sail in. It's a great hotel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Ha Ha that's cheap in lot of places.
I was going to say the same - I *wish* I could have found one in the area we wanted for $100 a night but it wasn't meant to be. I knew going in we did want the Canada Place/Port area and unfortunately those are among the highest. We also had our heart set on the Pan Pacific and it was about $250 a night for the Harbour View room - which we also wanted. I know this is more than we are used to paying however we wanted to enjoy it thoroughly and good sleep is important to us. I'll be building this into my budget to accommodate the price!

I agree with checking all websites, AAA, Last Minute Travel, hotwire, etc and go with the best rate you can find.

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy & 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I) Next: 12/2014 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

We stayed at Pan Pacific for a great rate off of Hotwire. We arrived almost 24 hours before the ship left, so we got out use from it. It is a great hotel, but you cannot beat the location: there is literally a button in the elevator for "Cruise Ship Terminal."

We checked out, said goodbye to a very helpful/kind employee that had helped us the afternoon before, walked to the elevator with our carry-on bags, went down to the parking garage level, walked through the garage following signs to "Cruise Terminal" and on to the ship.

Our bags were picked up at the hotel for us and landed in our stateroom a few hours after boarding. Cannot recommend Pan Pacific enough.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
jenna7394
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
We stayed at Pan Pacific for a great rate off of Hotwire. We arrived almost 24 hours before the ship left, so we got out use from it. It is a great hotel, but you cannot beat the location: there is literally a button in the elevator for "Cruise Ship Terminal."

We checked out, said goodbye to a very helpful/kind employee that had helped us the afternoon before, walked to the elevator with our carry-on bags, went down to the parking garage level, walked through the garage following signs to "Cruise Terminal" and on to the ship.

Our bags were picked up at the hotel for us and landed in our stateroom a few hours after boarding. Cannot recommend Pan Pacific enough.

- Dreams
Was the arrangement with your bags through the hotel or through DCL? Was it an extra fee? I would love to stay there and am waiting to see if we can get a good price through Priceline, etc.
jenna7394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #20
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
Ha Ha that's cheap in lot of places.
Yeah I know
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #21
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlerHatGirl View Post
We're cruising to Alaska in September, and unfortunately, $140 a night seemed to be the very cheapest we could find in the Vancouver area.

I'm willing to stay in a cheaper hotel the night before, since:
1: It's not even a place to sleep, it's a place to pace back and forth staring at the clock.

2: I'd rather pay for an awesome stateroom onboard the ship.

3: It give our budget more wiggle room for sightseeing.

Priceline and others are your friends- keep your eyes peeled and you'll find a deal, I"m sure.
My sentiments exactly. We're booked for June 2014 so we have plenty of time
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #22
disneydentist
Mouseketeer

Quote:

- Dreams
Any hints for fiding the right Hotwire selection?

Thanks
POR: 2002 (x2); POFQ: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.
Wilderness Lodge: 2000, 2001 (Flag Family 12/3).
All-Star Music: 2009 (Band trip).
Disneyland: 1980, 2007, 2009, 2011.
Disney Magic: New England and Canada 2012. Disney Wonder: Alaska 2013.

WDW Honorary Citizens:11/23/1996.

WWTBAM? Play It! Hot Seat 12/3/02. Got the 1,000,000 point question wrong.
disneydentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #23
Delliott86
Earning My Ears

My family and I went on the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver in September 2011. We stayed at the Pan Pacific. We used one of the discount places, like Hotwire or Expedia, and got our room for a reasonable rate. Our room was a partial ocean view. If we looked out our window and turned our head to the right, you could see the harbor. LOL, so not as much of a view as I was hoping for. It is awesome to get up in the morning, go downstairs, walk outside and see your ship. It definitely heightens the excitement. It also lowers the anxiety level a little by not having to worry about getting to your ship, you are already there. What is also awesome about staying at the Pan Pacific is it is in walking distance of the Olympic Torch. You will get to see a bit of history.
Delliott86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #24
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna7394

Was the arrangement with your bags through the hotel or through DCL? Was it an extra fee? I would love to stay there and am waiting to see if we can get a good price through Priceline, etc.
It's an arrangement that the hotel has with the ships that dock there. We coordinated with the hotel. There was no fee and it worked seamlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydentist

Any hints for fiding the right Hotwire selection?

Thanks
Yes. But not right now. ROFL! I am not at home. When I get home this evening I will pull up my cruise file and see exactly what I was told to make sure I got Pan Pacific and will share that here.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #25
OrcaPotter
Lucky to be local to the Mouse

Those of you who scored the Pan Pacific last year using Hotwire, how close to your sail date did the sale pop? I've been watching for my June 3rd cruise, but no dice yet.

Quote:
IWhen I get home this evening I will pull up my cruise file and see exactly what I was told to make sure I got Pan Pacific and will share that here.

- Dreams
Really excited to get your insider info!
OrcaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #26
msd1776
NebraskaDisneyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPotter
Those of you who scored the Pan Pacific last year using Hotwire, how close to your sail date did the sale pop? I've been watching for my June 3rd cruise, but no dice yet.

Really excited to get your insider info!
Not the same cruise but we bought tickets for the Fantasy the Wed before US Thanksgiving and set sail on Dec 1. We bought through Costco for $2700 for 3 stateroom 9644. It was our first cruise and it seemed like a good deal for us. Our tickets from Nebraska to Orlando were less than $775. memories were priceless!!!!
msd1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
jenna7394
Earning My Ears

Quote:
It's an arrangement that the hotel has with the ships that dock there. We coordinated with the hotel. There was no fee and it worked seamlessly.

Yes. But not right now. ROFL! I am not at home. When I get home this evening I will pull up my cruise file and see exactly what I was told to make sure I got Pan Pacific and will share that here.

- Dreams
Thank you for the information on the Pan Pacific. We would love to stay there and I am waiting a bit longer to see how low the prices will go.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
jenna7394
Earning My Ears

Has anyone had any luck with "Name Your Own Price" on Priceline for 5 star hotels in downtown Vancouver?
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We stayed out of town a couple of years ago. Then parked at the airport and took the light rail system into downtown. Was a lot less expensive than paying for a downtown hotel and / or paying for parking at the cruise terminal. Was only about 1 block between the port and the light rail stop. We bought a book of 10 tickets that was less expensive than buying the tickets individually, since there is a $5 surcharge on tickets from the airport into town (but not the other way :
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: