Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
Seandee
Earning My Ears

Discout Tickets

I was wondering if anyone has ever listened to a time share presentation to get discounted tickets?????? Is it worth it? I will be visiting in June and the ticket prices will just about be the death of me, lol...I have 6 kiddos going.
Seandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

First, I wouldn't count on any tour giving you discount tickets for 8 people. Maybe the 2 adults in the party (assuming you're not the only one). Second, it's not worth my 3 hours and repeatedly saying "no". That's just me though. Have a great trip either way!
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Seandee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmj9801 View Post
First, I wouldn't count on any tour giving you discount tickets for 8 people. Maybe the 2 adults in the party (assuming you're not the only one). Second, it's not worth my 3 hours and repeatedly saying "no". That's just me though. Have a great trip either way!
THanks...that's what I was thinking, We are super excited!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The problem with these tickets (aside from the high pressure sales tactics which can be really, really persistent), and the lost vacation time, is the limited number of days on the tickets and the limited number of tickets. These are not regular tickets and can not be upgraded (usually). You couldn't add extra days or options to them- so any savings could be minimal.

IMO- absolutely not worth it unless you are actually considering buying the time share in the first place.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
disneyba
Greetings from the Ottawa Valley

Smile

Have you considered enrolling some of the children in the Disney YES program?

It takes a morning of your time, but the activities are educational, and you can get discounted park tickets for your family.

My daughter enrolled our 8 year old grandson in an activity at Epcot. I chaperoned him. It was a good activity. Their discount on the park tickets was significant... in the 30% range, if I recall.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #6
disneyba
Greetings from the Ottawa Valley

Apologies, Seandee...

I just checked the Disney Yes website for current ticket prices, and it seems they have gone up since our grandson attended his program (2 years ago).

Still a bit cheaper than Underrcover Tourist, but only by about 10% now. Sorry about that.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

I would be careful about these. Also watch out for the craigslist specials, scam scam scam. I have heard super horror stories about some of these presentations being huge screw overs, where you have to fight with them just to get the tickets you were promised.

I've even read a story where the people were picked up by the presenters and driven out to their timeshare resort, said no and demanded their tickets, then when they were ready to leave the presenters go "there was nothing in the agreement about bringing you back to your resort, have fun getting back there!".

Are they true stories?? Dunno, not sure why anybody would lie about something like this. I do know that I've never heard any positive stories about people in these types of situations, so that's something to think about as well!
May 2010 (Beach Club Villas)
December 2010 (Animal Kingdom Lodge,Boardwalk Villas)
twe1vestone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I would stay away from time share presentations too.
We have bought tickets thru Undercover Tourist, and was very happy with their service. Depending on their ticket specials you can save up to $30 off each ticket. If you sign up for the Mousesavers.com newsletter and use their link you can get an additional (small) savings.

When comparing ticket prices, UT has the total price incl tax posted, while other sites may only show price with tax at check out.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

Also, if you know for a fact you'll be back within a year, you should go with an annual pass. We go about 2x a year, so I try to make both trips about 6mo apart to keep it even and renew the passes just in time for the next set of trips. Lots of perks w/ the annual pass! Discounts at almost all stores and restaurants (I think the average is like 10% or something. Takes care of the taxes, and then some!)
Old 03-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

Park hopper pass for a week on avg is like 330 or so....so 2 7day trips would be 660 or so. Regular annual passes are about 580. So u save a few bucks if u plan ahead, also like I said....store/restaurant discounts!

Actually the discount may have made us spend more, it was a poor excuse to tear up MouseGear and Mickey's Pantry lol...so I dunno how you'd feel about that, could be counter productive
Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
Seandee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyba View Post
Apologies, Seandee...

I just checked the Disney Yes website for current ticket prices, and it seems they have gone up since our grandson attended his program (2 years ago).

Still a bit cheaper than Underrcover Tourist, but only by about 10% now. Sorry about that.
Thanks, do you have to be a Florida resident to participate in the program? I think I'm just going to buy the tickets from AAA...they offer a small discount

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: