Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
fazdevils
Earning My Ears

4 of 5 people have shore excursion reservations. Tips for getting the last...

Hi - I'm headed on a DCL cruise in a few weeks with my family and my parents are joining us (5 people total).

When our reservation window for booking shore excursions opened up at midnight, I was able to secure 4 reservations for the excursion we wanted (my Mom is on the outside right now). I've been checking for openings on the cruise website daily, but no luck so far. I've called and emailed DCL to explain the situation, but no one has been able to help. They all suggest to check on the shore excursion desk at check in.

The thing is... if we can't get the last reservation, my Dad would likely stay back with my Mom, but we wouldn't be able to check on board for the last reservation until my Dad's already been charged for the excursion (3 days prior to sailing).

What has been everyone's experience in successfully booking a previously booked shore excursion on board the ship? Am I worried about nothing and I can safely expect that an opening for my mother will be there when we check in - or if we don't have the reservation booked 3 days prior to sailing should we cancel my Dad's reservation?
fazdevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
4butlers
DIS Veteran

It is my understanding and from what I remember; your onboard account doesn't get charged for excursions until you've actually done them.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
4butlers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
It is my understanding and from what I remember; your onboard account doesn't get charged for excursions until you've actually done them.
Yes, but you are committed to them 3 days before sailing, not 3 days before the excursion.

I think they'll work with you. If you can't get the 5th spot, I think it is likely they'd allow your father to pick something else.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

We were able to cancel an excursion for 4 people after we boarded the ship. We cancelled 2 days before the scheduled excursion with no problems. Hope this helps :-)

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Wonder Western and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
dragonfly08
DIS Veteran

No guarantees, of course, but we had a good experience with having to cancel an excursion at the last minute. DH realized he'd forgotten his dive card and proof of certification was required. The shore excursion desk first tried to help him get proof of certification from PADI, but couldn't get through to anyone there so they DH him cancel for a full refund that morning, just a few hours before the scheduled departure. Hopefully they'll let your Dad do the same at the last minute if you can't get a fifth spot. Good luck!
dragonfly08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: