Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #421
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Danimal is throwing a wrench in my plans. Now he wants to tag along. I am trying to explain to him that this is a princes trip and that we are going to do all baby things. Meet characters, ride the baby rides, let Lily play in all the baby areas. He doesn't care. If he comes we will have to downgrade to Pop. I want this trip to be cheap!
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #422
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Danimal is throwing a wrench in my plans. Now he wants to tag along. I am trying to explain to him that this is a princes trip and that we are going to do all baby things. Meet characters, ride the baby rides, let Lily play in all the baby areas. He doesn't care. If he comes we will have to downgrade to Pop. I want this trip to be cheap!
Uh Oh! They really know how to pull at our heartstrings!! Pop would still be cheap right?? Good luck with this one!!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #423
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamin247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: staten island
Posts: 5,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Uh Oh! They really know how to pull at our heartstrings!! Pop would still be cheap right?? Good luck with this one!!
Pop is definitely cheap. It's the airfare, park tickets, and dining that isn't! He knows I can't say no, too. I have to try to talk him out of it somehow.
__________________
Dani DS DD
disneydreamin247 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #424
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Marie Wow, I'm just getting caught up and saw your post about your husband Glad he's doing better. How scary for you. It didn't make the news here in BC, odd.
You will be in my thoughts & prayers for a continued recovery.
Hi Sue thanks for your support! Funny, my MIL and FIL live in Victoria, BC and the day it happened (Feb 26) and a couple days after, it was playing on the news all the time. I am glad that with the media ban, and us declining to comment, it finally went away! It was awful having the journal call us at home digging for statements.
DH is on the mend -- he's still got to wait about 5 more weeks to know if his pinky finger bone graft took and his pinky is savable, but he's in good spirits and focused on healing.

DH and I where cuddling on the couch last night watching wreck it Ralph and he said words that I never thought I'd ever hear! He said he could actually DO WDW or DL right now! He's in the state of mind that he just wants to go away.... Wow! If only I had the money! I may try and work something out depending on any compensation he may get....but I'd like to take him up on that offer in the not to far future if we could swing it!

I'm back to work on Tuesday after being off for 2 weeks since the incident. I am not looking forward to leaving him home alone that'll be hard! My mind just isn't into work right now!
Thank you all for the love and support. I am so blessed to have you wonderful ladies as my friends! love y'all!

Marie
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #425
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,749

Marie: Glad your DH is staying positive and thinking of positive things....like a trip to WDW or DL! Sorry you have to go back to work, but I am sure the support you have given your DH over the past 2 weeks has been priceless.

Just a quick and silly question, can you pay for the balance of a room only reservation in cash at check in?

Hope everyone has a good Monday, March Break starts today here, we are just taking it easy this morning. Working later, but my parents are coming to watch the girls.

Jen
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD5 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #426
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,208

Hi RC friends! We're on the countdown to spring, 9 days!



Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Sue thanks for your support! Funny, my MIL and FIL live in Victoria, BC and the day it happened (Feb 26) and a couple days after, it was playing on the news all the time. I am glad that with the media ban, and us declining to comment, it finally went away! It was awful having the journal call us at home digging for statements.
DH is on the mend -- he's still got to wait about 5 more weeks to know if his pinky finger bone graft took and his pinky is savable, but he's in good spirits and focused on healing.

DH and I where cuddling on the couch last night watching wreck it Ralph and he said words that I never thought I'd ever hear! He said he could actually DO WDW or DL right now! He's in the state of mind that he just wants to go away.... Wow! If only I had the money! I may try and work something out depending on any compensation he may get....but I'd like to take him up on that offer in the not to far future if we could swing it!

I'm back to work on Tuesday after being off for 2 weeks since the incident. I am not looking forward to leaving him home alone that'll be hard! My mind just isn't into work right now!
Thank you all for the love and support. I am so blessed to have you wonderful ladies as my friends! love y'all!

Marie
Marie, I am glad to hear your dh is gradually healing. Good thoughts are with you.

Jen-Hope you all have a nice March Break. :


RCers,
I would so appreciate any thoughts/recommendations about the Atrium Club. Dh asked about the plan for Sept yesterday, I guess he's been thinking about Contemporary. We've never stayed there, when I first mentioned it he wasn't thrilled. Sounds like in the meantime he's been pondering it, and it went on the short list.
__________________

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~~Ginny~~
gwynne is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #427
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Ginny, once I get home I will reply to you As we stayed atrium club level in December.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #428
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Ginny, once I get home I will reply to you As we stayed atrium club level in December.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you!
__________________

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~~Ginny~~
gwynne is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #429
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,939

So after looking at tons of pics and watching you tube videos of each of the moderates, I'm actually falling in love with POFQ! Has anyone else stayed there?

Also, I'm thinking maybe CRT for our anniversary dinner? (The kids will be with us too) and/or a Wishes cruise of some sort? Even the pirate and pals cruise sounds fun. Thoughts?
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #430
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So after looking at tons of pics and watching you tube videos of each of the moderates, I'm actually falling in love with POFQ! Has anyone else stayed there?

Also, I'm thinking maybe CRT for our anniversary dinner? (The kids will be with us too) and/or a Wishes cruise of some sort? Even the pirate and pals cruise sounds fun. Thoughts?
We were just at POFQ in Jan. We loved it. Had a GV room in bldg 4, I requested an upper floor, outside corner room and got it. And we were just across from the main bldg with food court, etc, and also very close to bus, hot tub and pool. It was the ideal location IMO.
Love the boat to DTD. And a short walk to POR, I love the make your own pasta there

We go to WDW twice a year, and sometimes stay in a moderate for our winter trips, then deluxe in summer. Unless I get a smoking deal on deluxe for winter I prefer to save my deluxe $ for summer.

Also want to add IMO, having a pool or river view is just not worth it at moderates, because there is no balcony to enjoy it on. So GV is fine for me.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #431
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,496

MarieIf my husband ever said he wanted to go to WDW with us I'd faint!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #432
Koh1977
DIS Veteran
 
Koh1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M

We were just at POFQ in Jan. We loved it. Had a GV room in bldg 4, I requested an upper floor, outside corner room and got it. And we were just across from the main bldg with food court, etc, and also very close to bus, hot tub and pool. It was the ideal location IMO.
Love the boat to DTD. And a short walk to POR, I love the make your own pasta there

We go to WDW twice a year, and sometimes stay in a moderate for our winter trips, then deluxe in summer. Unless I get a smoking deal on deluxe for winter I prefer to save my deluxe $ for summer.

Also want to add IMO, having a pool or river view is just not worth it at moderates, because there is no balcony to enjoy it on. So GV is fine for me.
Good point! I was looking at building 4 or 6. Thanks for the input! :-)
__________________
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Koh1977 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #433
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.
 
Piglets Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania....way too far north of the Mouse!
Posts: 7,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis!;You know, my DH's retirement plan is to drive :boat: the boat route to DTD... so we could make SAR our home DVC resort when the time comes and live like Tarzan and Jane in the Treehouse. I wish. ;)

[B
Piglets Mommy:[/B] I think I will put golf carts, public drunkeness and mini golf on my next itinerary in no particular order.
My DH wants to drive the WL/CR/MK boat loop. You can live in the treehouses and we will live at WVL.

That itenerary sounds like fun to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Danimal is throwing a wrench in my plans. Now he wants to tag along. I am trying to explain to him that this is a princes trip and that we are going to do all baby things. Meet characters, ride the baby rides, let Lily play in all the baby areas. He doesn't care. If he comes we will have to downgrade to Pop. I want this trip to be cheap!
Can you tell him you will be doing all kinds of girly/princessy stuff? And taking lots of breaks for naps???
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Pop is definitely cheap. It's the airfare, park tickets, and dining that isn't! He knows I can't say no, too. I have to try to talk him out of it somehow.
That knowing you can't say no gets you every time, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Sue thanks for your support! Funny, my MIL and FIL live in Victoria, BC and the day it happened (Feb 26) and a couple days after, it was playing on the news all the time. I am glad that with the media ban, and us declining to comment, it finally went away! It was awful having the journal call us at home digging for statements.
DH is on the mend -- he's still got to wait about 5 more weeks to know if his pinky finger bone graft took and his pinky is savable, but he's in good spirits and focused on healing.

DH and I where cuddling on the couch last night watching wreck it Ralph and he said words that I never thought I'd ever hear! He said he could actually DO WDW or DL right now! He's in the state of mind that he just wants to go away.... Wow! If only I had the money! I may try and work something out depending on any compensation he may get....but I'd like to take him up on that offer in the not to far future if we could swing it!

I'm back to work on Tuesday after being off for 2 weeks since the incident. I am not looking forward to leaving him home alone that'll be hard! My mind just isn't into work right now!
Thank you all for the love and support. I am so blessed to have you wonderful ladies as my friends! love y'all!

Marie
A Disney trip sounds like it might be just what the Dr. ordered for you two. I hope you can work something out!

Good luck at work tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Marie: Glad your DH is staying positive and thinking of positive things....like a trip to WDW or DL! Sorry you have to go back to work, but I am sure the support you have given your DH over the past 2 weeks has been priceless.

Just a quick and silly question, can you pay for the balance of a room only reservation in cash at check in?

Hope everyone has a good Monday, March Break starts today here, we are just taking it easy this morning. Working later, but my parents are coming to watch the girls.

Jen
I think you can....I know I paid with a Disney gift card at checkin, so I don't see why you couldn't pay it off in cash.

Hope the kids enjoy their March break!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RC friends! We're on the countdown to spring, 9 days!

I can't wait for Spring!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977 View Post
So after looking at tons of pics and watching you tube videos of each of the moderates, I'm actually falling in love with POFQ! Has anyone else stayed there?

Also, I'm thinking maybe CRT for our anniversary dinner? (The kids will be with us too) and/or a Wishes cruise of some sort? Even the pirate and pals cruise sounds fun. Thoughts?
POFQ is my favorite resort for the $$. Poly will always be my fave if $$ is no option, but I can't see paying the inflated prices there anymore. We stayed at POFQ Nov 2011 and LOVED it. It was Thanksgiving week, and it was full, but you never would have known it. We loved the small size and how easy it was to get around. It had the best bus service of anywhere we have ever stayed too. Everyone at the resort was so nice. We loved being able to walk over to Riverside and use the pool, fishing, food court, etc, but were happy to go "home" to our small, cozy FQ.





Had a great weekend with my Cousin at her shower. I think I may have turned her into a RC'er though. They are going to WDW for their Honeymoon. THe initial plan was to stay at POP, but then she looked into WL for a night or 2, as a suprise to her hubby. Then she started looking at POFQ and Riverside, can stay there and book a guaranteed King room for not much more than the split stay. Lots of Disney math was done, but no final decision has been made.
__________________
DH Me DS ,13 DD,10
Piglets Mommy is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #434
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

I'll catch up with everyone in a bit, but wanted to reply to Ginny.

We stayed at CR, Atrium club level in Dec and non-CL in Feb. I paid a lot for upgrade to CL (I think it was about an extra $150/nt), but it was regular season and prices were high, so hopefully you can get it at a better rate. We had a BLV room and used the CL for watching Wishes and just looking out at the MK. The CL was never really crowded and we always found a table or room on one of the three balconies. The view from the CL is honestly worth every penny!

I have not stayed CL at any other resort on property but from what I have read the CL offerings do seem to be less than some of the other resorts. But we were happy with everything that was offered. Whenever we needed or wanted something that was not out there was always a CM ready to help. We loved walking off the elevator and walking right into the CL and being able to grab a snack, soda or juice. We even brought dinner up from Contempo Cafe one night and it was so nice!

Because the CR is so compact, no matter where you stay in the tower you are just steps away from the CL. The CL sits in the middle of the tower on the MK side and we stayed BLV second to last room from the end so just about as far from the CL you can be and it was still soooo close.

KOOK has mentioned before that booking a BLV when staying CL at CR is really the best of both worlds, and it really is! I loved the serenity of Bay Lake in the morning and sitting and watching the EWP at night.

Now with all that said, we stayed TPV in Feb (because CL was closed it was not an option). Becuase we drive, we brought our own waters, juices, sodas, and snacks and did not miss CL too much. I missed being able to grab a quick breakfast for snack, but now the DS being gluten free he would not have been able to have any of it anyway, so I was glad it was not there to tempt him. I am glad we stayed on the TPV side becuase the kids really loved it! And even though I missed the serenity of Bay Lake, sitting on the balcony at night and looking at the MK was truly magical Even DH (who doesnt care about that stuff) said to me that we really could not be more submersed in Disney than we were sitting on that balcony. If I had to choose I would probably do TPV again and if I could get GF breakfast and treats for DS, I would book CL again in a heartbeat!

If you have any specific question that I didn't cover, just ask! I am sure KOOK will chime in too

Melissa
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #435
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,946

Afternoon Peeps!!

Marie, so happy to hear your DH is on the mend... and a WDW or DL vacation?? This is definitely what the doctor shoudl order! Oh, do tell us what plans you might have brewing!!

Iheart, a belated Happy Birthday to you DS!! And on a Chuck e Cheese note ... my DS had terrible problems with social anxiety...and Chucky was no exception... terrified of him but wanted to go to the party too...felt so bad for him... hope your DS managed to have a good time!

Magic, The cabins for August? Will DH be content to channel his inner Richard Petty into zipping around the Fort in the golf cart?? Is there a speed limit??

Dani, hopfully Danimal can understand that this is a girls trip, and that down the road he can have a separate trip with you

Melissa, Hope Stephen is feeling much better... And... love the Vodka story and how it turned you on to vodka tonics ...you certinaly did earn your free drinks!

Piglets Mommy, happy you had some adult fun time this weekend!! Panera bread by Wegmans and movie tavern? Yum, another place for us to meet and gab (but no adult drinks...hmm... oh we get them at the Movie Tavern!

Koh, Linda (Grumpy Grandma) and I were at POR in January...it was my first time (at a moderate too) and I loved it!! Nice food court, beautiful landscaping, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
Grumpy Grandma: So glad you enjoyed your Divas trip. I'd never know you were shy from our visit. Wasn't that you dancing on the table at the River Roost Lounge with Piano Bob? P.S. -- Cute new siggy.

Janet B: Beautiful sentiment... Sarah had a hand in this one ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
PS .... that wasn't me dancing on the tables at Piano Bob .... maybe Janet????
Moi??? NEVER! I'm too ladylike .. ...maybe Magic is the one not remembering things correctly...

And Sarah most definitely did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Hi Janet, just getting caught up on this thread. My dates are
Pop Aug 17
GF Aug 18 - 20
YC Aug 20 - Sept 1
Thanks.

Now if you can stop me from adding days Having an AP is a dangerous thing!
Thanks Sue! We might be there over some of your dates as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Janet - your words are ones to live by! HUGS my friend! Yeah I am aggravated with this autism resource teacher, he is from the county and just isn't reliable. Even the asst principal couldn't believe he didn't show. He just comes for meetings to help the staff strategize but he honestly hasn't had any good suggestions this year YAY on Sam feeling better and being back!!!!
why does a teacher like that get to continue in that function? Is there any way you request and get assigned to another teacher? I hope you can. And yes Sam is certainly back...she's back in her YMCA mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Copying and saving this. Janet you are such a good thread therapist!
Thanks Iheart... like most moms, my hats are ever changing like this thread... And by listening and trying to help others is also a way to help yourself too...
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: