Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

Best Building Location @ Disney's Polynesian

Hi. We have a standard room reserved at the Polynesian resort for a few nights before heading to our off-property timeshare. For past guests, where is the best building to make your room request?? I know these are not guaranteed but I always ask wherever we stay. I would prefer to avoid noisy locations. Thanks.

• 2014 - Yacht Club/Marriott Harbour Lake
  • 2013 - Polynesian/Marriott Grande Vista
  • 2012 - Contemporary/Marriott Harbour Lake
gorjus121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
wishinuponastar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121
Hi. We have a standard room reserved at the Polynesian resort for a few nights before heading to our off-property timeshare. For past guests, where is the best building to make your room request?? I know these are not guaranteed but I always ask wherever we stay. I would prefer to avoid noisy locations. Thanks.
Tahiti is going to be one of the quieter buildings because its furthest from the GCH and pools. It also has more of a private beach in front of its longhouse. Hope this helps you.. Have a magical time!

Me DH DS DD
wishinuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Tokeleau. Loved the location and all the rooms have a balcony vs. the other buildings where the second floor doesn't. We had a standard room and even had a "theme park view"- we could could see space mountain and the contemporary perfectly (just no castle).

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
jude&jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips. We were originally thinking the Hawaii or Samoa Longhouse, but I then read that Hawaii is club-level only.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Thanks for the tips. We were originally thinking the Hawaii or Samoa Longhouse, but I then read that Hawaii is club-level only.
Hawaii is club level. You might want to check out Tikimans website and read up on all the longhouses. http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

Also, the Poly is going through a refurb, so you might want to check out which longhouses are closed.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorjus121 View Post
Hawaii is club level and Samoa is right in the middle of everything, including both pools - a great location but most likely not on the quiet side. I'd look at Tahiti or Tokelau.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
traylorc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude&jonah View Post
Tokeleau. Loved the location and all the rooms have a balcony vs. the other buildings where the second floor doesn't. We had a standard room and even had a "theme park view"- we could could see space mountain and the contemporary perfectly (just no castle).
My wife and I have stayed in Tokeleau the last two trips and we loved it. We will be requesting Tokeleau again for our impending trip in October.
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
Sue M
DIS Veteran

We loved Tokelau, beach end of building. Was recommended to me by Tikiman Great location, bonus is that ALL floors have balconies, and rooms are larger then Samoa and older longhouses. We faced Hawaii, and could see the Castle if we looked to the right off our balcony.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
DondzilaFamily
Earning My Ears

On our trip in 2011 we asked the front desk for a "complimentary upgrade" and they upgraded us the Hawaii building which is conceirge. It was incredible. I would ask for the upgrade when you check in, it doesn't hurt to ask and that was by far the most amazing trip we've had to date!
Disney World Trips: Port Orleans Riverside (Alligator Bayou) July 2007 ~ Polynesian October 2008 ~ Port Orleans Riverside (Magnolia Bend) September 2009 ~ Polynesian June 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach Resort September 2012

DondzilaFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

Samoa can be noisy, but maybe not so bad if you are on the side that doesn't face the volcano pool. It is a great location, but a lot going on on the volcano side of the building. Hawaii is great but club level like you said.
housetomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

If the view isn't that important to you then Rapa Nui might be a good choice. We have stayed in both Rapa Nui and Tahiti and thought that Rapa Nui was quieter than Tahiti. In Tahiti you can occasionally hear the ferry boat whistle.

Also if you have a car you can pull right up to the covered entrance to the longhouse and there is a small parking lot right beside the longhouse.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #12
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
If the view isn't that important to you then Rapa Nui might be a good choice. We have stayed in both Rapa Nui and Tahiti and thought that Rapa Nui was quieter than Tahiti. In Tahiti you can occasionally hear the ferry boat whistle.

Also if you have a car you can pull right up to the covered entrance to the longhouse and there is a small parking lot right beside the longhouse.
Plus you can have a great view from Rapa Nui, if you have the garden side. We stayed there once and I loved the view! I imagine the parking lot side isn't great, though I haven't experienced that myself.
kungaloosh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
gorjus121
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We loved Tokelau, beach end of building. Was recommended to me by Tikiman Great location, bonus is that ALL floors have balconies, and rooms are larger then Samoa and older longhouses. We faced Hawaii, and could see the Castle if we looked to the right off our balcony.
Thank you. Tokelau is definitely a consideration, but it will probably be closed during our stay due to renovations. We are looking forward to our stay, as long as I'm not facing a parking lot I will be pleased

Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #14
jcosta
Earning My Ears

Which building is closest to the monorail, or does it not matter?
jcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #15
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

I, personally, would not request a specific longhouse as it gives a ver specific location as opposed to what you really want. It sounds like you want a quiet room, so I would request just that. If you ask for a specific longhouse, you could still end up with a loud room (one with a connecting door or next to an elevator for example). If you request "quiet room", then the CM's will know exactly what you really want.

On our last trip to Poly, we requested quiet room, close to GHC, third floor and we got a super quiet room on the third floor at the end of the hall in Rarotonga. It was perfect!
Marthasor is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: