Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #1336
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran
 
DizDaD7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern ,New Jersey
Posts: 2,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
No problem, Brandi! Just let me know when you're ready for it!



I'm afraid Kimmar's running out of time though............
Yes and it's Pi***ng me off too......We'd never been down there at the same time so it oughta be fun for my kids to see her down there too.

Been there before for a day or so with my other Dsis years ago, which was fun, & also been there w/ my DSiL for a total of 15 days on 2 separate occasions..

Kim any new NEWS yeT?????
__________________

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #1337
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,334

Well Kim the good news is that there is still availability for your dates at both resorts. I wouldn't wait too much longer. Just use those points and go for it!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #1338
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer
 
RapunzelsGoodMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 259

I'm not sure if I'm excited or just running away but finally have official requests out for points to rent a villa from 4/11 - 4/14. Will probably just be me, my mom, and kids (DH not handling the loss of the dog very well.....may need to get puppy immediately).

Any insight into the views for the Jambo CL Villas? I have officially gone from wanting the cheapest studio villa to wanting breakfast every morning and seriously thinking about not leaving the hotel while there.... but do they have a view or would I be smarter to go with Savannah view? Not crushing if I don't get it but just curious what I'd be signing up with. Also, any idea where i can get the current activity schedule so I can decide if I need to do ADRs in a hurry or if it will be all hotel?

Think I'm going to give the renting direct a few days but then will just let David do it to have SOMETHING to look forward to! Hoping to post something here really soon!!! (PS - can someone DVC confirm for me that CL is even still available? I haven't checked in a few days)....
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #1339
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran
 
Brave teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TN
Posts: 3,032

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
I'm not sure if I'm excited or just running away but finally have official requests out for points to rent a villa from 4/11 - 4/14. Will probably just be me, my mom, and kids (DH not handling the loss of the dog very well.....may need to get puppy immediately).

Any insight into the views for the Jambo CL Villas? I have officially gone from wanting the cheapest studio villa to wanting breakfast every morning and seriously thinking about not leaving the hotel while there.... but do they have a view or would I be smarter to go with Savannah view? Not crushing if I don't get it but just curious what I'd be signing up with. Also, any idea where i can get the current activity schedule so I can decide if I need to do ADRs in a hurry or if it will be all hotel?

Think I'm going to give the renting direct a few days but then will just let David do it to have SOMETHING to look forward to! Hoping to post something here really soon!!! (PS - can someone DVC confirm for me that CL is even still available? I haven't checked in a few days)....
Just checked availability for you. There are no CL studios available for those days. The CL 1 BR is available only on 4/11. Standard view studios are available for all nights at both Jambo and Kidani. Savanna studios are available for all nights at Kidani and only two at Jambo. The value studio at Jambo is only avaialble for two nights as well.
__________________
Megan

Brave teacher is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #1340
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
I
Think I'm going to give the renting direct a few days but then will just let David do it to have SOMETHING to look forward to! Hoping to post something here really soon!!! (PS - can someone DVC confirm for me that CL is even still available? I haven't checked in a few days)....
There are no club level studios available in your time frame. They usually book out at 11mos. folks are lucky to get them at 7mos, the only ones availble are savannah or non savannah views....
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #1341
PoohNFriends
Yes, I'm one of those crazy animal people!
 
PoohNFriends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cubbies, Hawks, Bulls & Bears oh my!
Posts: 543

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
I'm not sure if I'm excited or just running away but finally have official requests out for points to rent a villa from 4/11 - 4/14. Will probably just be me, my mom, and kids (DH not handling the loss of the dog very well.....may need to get puppy immediately).

Any insight into the views for the Jambo CL Villas? I have officially gone from wanting the cheapest studio villa to wanting breakfast every morning and seriously thinking about not leaving the hotel while there.... but do they have a view or would I be smarter to go with Savannah view? Not crushing if I don't get it but just curious what I'd be signing up with. Also, any idea where i can get the current activity schedule so I can decide if I need to do ADRs in a hurry or if it will be all hotel?

Think I'm going to give the renting direct a few days but then will just let David do it to have SOMETHING to look forward to! Hoping to post something here really soon!!! (PS - can someone DVC confirm for me that CL is even still available? I haven't checked in a few days)....
As of right now a DVC 1 bedroom CL is still available for the night of 4/11 only, no other CL rooms available right now for the other nights. Good luck to you if you end up booking!

Hoping I get a personal day off at work to start my vacation a day early so I can do to do a long weekend the weekend prior to you. I'd love for a CL studio to miraculously be available for me but don't forsee that. I want to try a stay at Kidani anyways so that's probably where I'll book!
__________________
Me DCat
PoohNFriends is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #1342
pinkvol7
Mouseketeer
 
pinkvol7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 248

Called Thursday and added my dinning plan!! Yay! All that is left is to add tickets. The CM said they normally go up the first week of June (we will be there June 16-22) and advised me to buy them before that. This is only our second trip and I booked the first one through Disney and did a whole vacation package. So any advice on tickets? I want them added to our key to the world so would that work if I buy them through someone else or do I need to purchase directly from Disney?
pinkvol7 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #1343
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkvol7 View Post
Called Thursday and added my dinning plan!! Yay! All that is left is to add tickets. The CM said they normally go up the first week of June (we will be there June 16-22) and advised me to buy them before that. This is only our second trip and I booked the first one through Disney and did a whole vacation package. So any advice on tickets? I want them added to our key to the world so would that work if I buy them through someone else or do I need to purchase directly from Disney?
That's really hard to say right now due to the transition to RFID. In a perfect world, you would buy your tickets through a discounter, like UT, and have them added to your KTTW cards with no issues.

But - since they are in the process of transitioning to the magicbands, it's anyone's guess as to how smoothly the process will work!

I am cautiously optimistic that they will be able to add any authentic WDW tickets to the RFID, whether you bought direct from Disney or not. The reality though is, we just don't know at this point.

I personally would opt to save $$$ by buying from UT, but I have an AP so I have never been able to have my pass added to my KTTW card -- I'm used to dealing with multiple cards/passes!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #1344
jillmc40
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
That's really hard to say right now due to the transition to RFID. In a perfect world, you would buy your tickets through a discounter, like UT, and have them added to your KTTW cards with no issues.

But - since they are in the process of transitioning to the magicbands, it's anyone's guess as to how smoothly the process will work!

I am cautiously optimistic that they will be able to add any authentic WDW tickets to the RFID, whether you bought direct from Disney or not. The reality though is, we just don't know at this point.

I personally would opt to save $$$ by buying from UT, but I have an AP so I have never been able to have my pass added to my KTTW card -- I'm used to dealing with multiple cards/passes!
I'm with you on that one! I have an ap and I feel like I am constantly digging for my ticket, my license, my TIW card, my room key....Then DH goes to get fast passes and I can't buy anything while he is gone! I need a good solution for keeping all the cards within reach!

OMG - DH left my ap in the princess fastpass machine on our last day...We were freaking out, because we didn't know where it was, he blamed me of course...I told him the last place we knew we (and by we I mean he) had it was at the fp machine. So, he went over to the machine and a guard was there holding it!!! It had been about an hour. DH is very personable (and forgetful), he was chatting with the cm working at the machine and he forgot it. The cm gave it to the next cm to hold in the hopes dh would come back. 2 cm's later, they still had it! That is magic!! He is one lucky sob
jillmc40 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #1345
mommyarewegoingback
DIS Veteran
 
mommyarewegoingback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I'm with you on that one! I have an ap and I feel like I am constantly digging for my ticket, my license, my TIW card, my room key....Then DH goes to get fast passes and I can't buy anything while he is gone! I need a good solution for keeping all the cards within reach!
Don't forget holding the FP's, Photopass Card and DVC card. It is getting out of hand. Currently, I'm the dork with lanyard pouch around my neck, with a zip pouch that needs to be taken off everytime I take a picture. I'm actually looking forward to the day when we can combine as much as possible into one thing. Depending on how FP+ works, having one person get a FP, may or may not work as well anymore.
-Virginia
__________________
Mom of 2 Disney Nuts (DS 13) (DD 10)
WDW 4/97, 4/99, 5/00, 10/02, 2/03, 5/03, 10/03, 12/04, 1/05, 4/05, 7/05, 10/05, 5/06, 7/06, 11/06, 4/07, 11/07, 12/08, 7/09, 11/09 (& DCL Magic), 5/10, 8/10, 12/10, 5/11 (& DCL Dream), 12/11, 5/12, 8/12, 11/12, 4/13, 5/13, 11/13, 4/14, 7/14, 5/14, 12/14
mommyarewegoingback is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #1346
jillmc40
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
Don't forget holding the FP's, Photopass Card and DVC card. It is getting out of hand. Currently, I'm the dork with lanyard pouch around my neck, with a zip pouch that needs to be taken off everytime I take a picture. I'm actually looking forward to the day when we can combine as much as possible into one thing. Depending on how FP+ works, having one person get a FP, may or may not work as well anymore.
-Virginia
Ahh, yes, the photopass too. I would love it if they somehow knew I was an ap holder and didn't have to show ID everytime I bought something...It gets old. Maybe show ID when you get in the park and then be done with it for the day. BUT, I did hear the ap's were going to get a wristband as well...I can't imagine everyone taking off their bracelet to send someone to get a fp. Luckily by the time that rolls around for us my kids will be a little older and they will probably out run us to the fp machines! I don't know about fp+ and ap holders...there are tons of ap'ers that only go for the day or live there and don't need to stay on property...That would stink if they couldn't get any fp's at all. I would think they will have a certain amount for pre-arrival and some for just being in the park and being spur of the moment...I can plan a meal, but I can't plan what time we will be ready for Peter Pan 180 days in advance...I haven't done the lanyard...I am scared it will break and I will lose everything...The DH will have reason to bust my chops
jillmc40 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #1347
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!
 
Disneyholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 2,635

April 15-18, 2013 - Disneyholic & DH - AKLVC 1 bedroom (Then on to a DCL 3 night cruise w/ 1 night in a studio at BLT after)


Can't wait. About a month to go.
__________________
97HINB&RIUS99CSR00WL01HRPDTD02HINB&WL30AnV&A03DTDTD04BWDTD&AKLSunsetSafari05DTDTD&POR06DTDTD07ASMFS
08Wonder&BC09November28Magic&DTDTD10BW11May29Dream1/12DTDTD&WL8/12Fantasy40An.Remy&DTDTDJoinedDVC
4/13AKVCL,DCLDream,BLT11/13FantasyThanksgiving/AKLVKidani4/14AKLVKidani8/14DVCMembersCruise/Dream,AKLVJambo













Disneyholic is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #1348
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyholic View Post
April 15-18, 2013 - Disneyholic & DH - AKLVC 1 bedroom (Then on to a DCL 3 night cruise w/ 1 night in a studio at BLT after)


Can't wait. About a month to go.
Did you want to be added to the list? Your abbreviations stumped me for a minute! Since Jambo is the only one with Club Level, we usually refer to it as AKV-CL.

Have a great vacation!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #1349
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer
 
RapunzelsGoodMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 259

Thank you to ALL for your help in checking ressies! Found someone to rent from so hopefully we are just working out the details!

I can almost see the giraffe and zebra now....oh wait, maybe not. But it makes me feel happy to think about it!
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #1350
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,334

OK Kimmar, this one's for you!

__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: