Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #2476
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfmarine View Post
That must have been a real treat. I'd love to check out the suites the next time I'm there but I'm sure they don't do it for everyone.
Yeah, I think we were lucky. The way it happened: after we were checked in by a member of the concierge team in our room, I mentioned really wanting to stay in the Walt Suite one day, and he asked if we'd like to see it. I JUMPED on that question!! Then, another time, another CM we had met took us to see the Grand Suite when we asked about what else was available like the Walt Suite. (I think my question at that time was, is this the nicest suite in the resort?)
You can always ask a CM (maybe someone you know from other stays). The worst that can happen is they say NO (perhaps someone is already in the suites too).
Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #2477
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

yes, dreamcruiser, that's how we got to see the suites before we would book them! Sometimes when we were sprinkled with pixie dust, and it seems way back then we were, upgrades happened.

ktlm~I don't know why I was thinking baby grand, yes it's a white upright piano. Thanks for correcting that! Like I said, haven't stayed in that suite!

Looking at the rates, even with AP, the discounts are awful! ACK!
Especially for SL and RPC. Oh, why am I soooo spoiled? darn it!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #2478
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
yes, dreamcruiser, that's how we got to see the suites before we would book them! Sometimes when we were sprinkled with pixie dust, and it seems way back then we were, upgrades happened.

ktlm~I don't know why I was thinking baby grand, yes it's a white upright piano. Thanks for correcting that! Like I said, haven't stayed in that suite!

Looking at the rates, even with AP, the discounts are awful! ACK!
Especially for SL and RPC. Oh, why am I soooo spoiled? darn it!
Are you saying you got upgraded to one of these suites?!? If so, WOW! I dream of staying in the Walt Suite!!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #2479
Lulu'sMom

It has been many, many years for me, dreamcruiser. LOL
Most of the upgrades were in the 90's and the early 00's.
Good times!
Talk about being spoiled, spoiled, SPOILED!
And DH and I schelped it once and stayed non-cl last march at the BC.
We had a nice time and I was grateful to be there, especially with my health at that time.
But, CL ruins you for a standard room, (at least it did me) and the GF's RPC is KING.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #2480
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Well, two hours ago, I did it. I booked our next stay at GF RPC! What a thrill! We feel just so fortunate. I can tell you, it may be past midnight, but I really can't sleep.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #2481
Lulu'sMom

followthatmouse~that is such awesome news!!!! Congrats to you and your family!!!!
You are so going to love the RPC!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #2482
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
It has been many, many years for me, dreamcruiser. LOL
Most of the upgrades were in the 90's and the early 00's.
Good times!
Talk about being spoiled, spoiled, SPOILED!
And DH and I schelped it once and stayed non-cl last march at the BC.
We had a nice time and I was grateful to be there, especially with my health at that time.
But, CL ruins you for a standard room, (at least it did me) and the GF's RPC is KING.
I know what you mean about being spoiled! My DSis and I are....I think one time we thought about checking in wearing tiaras!! Seriously tho, we can't afford concierge really. Once all three of us sisters stayed in SL, but otherwise, my sis (who travels with me) and I have been wonderfully upgraded to CL. Never to one of the top suites tho..
Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #2483
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Lulu'sMom, we have been so spoiled. This will be our third RPC stay. As I'm travelling with my DM - not as spry as she once was - a little comfort will not go amiss. I won't mention vicarious enjoyment of that comfort .

Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #2484
butternut
Earning My Ears

I would be ecstatic if i got an upgrade from standard to a lagoon view this Thursday when we arrive. So happy for you on your wonderful unexpected upgrade!!! Fingers crossed for me!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #2485
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I know what you mean about being spoiled! My DSis and I are....I think one time we thought about checking in wearing tiaras!! Seriously tho, we can't afford concierge really. Once all three of us sisters stayed in SL, but otherwise, my sis (who travels with me) and I have been wonderfully upgraded to CL. Never to one of the top suites tho..
Oh, how wonderful to get those CL upgrades! And they are like magical pixiedust! All it takes is a one-time upgrade (for some of us) and we are hooked! LOL We'll beg, borrow or steal (jk) to stay CL!
Love the tiaras! Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by followthatmouse View Post
Lulu'sMom, we have been so spoiled. This will be our third RPC stay. As I'm travelling with my DM - not as spry as she once was - a little comfort will not go amiss. I won't mention vicarious enjoyment of that comfort .
So wonderful that this is your 3rd stay and taking your mom!
My most precious WDW trips are with my mom at the RPC. Kacsmom has met my mom on a GF trip at one of the meets! So I hear you about wanting all that vicarious enjoyment of that comfort, girlfriend!
Great minds think alike! LOL

Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #2486
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut View Post
I would be ecstatic if i got an upgrade from standard to a lagoon view this Thursday when we arrive. So happy for you on your wonderful unexpected upgrade!!! Fingers crossed for me!
I'll be sending positive thoughts and pixiedust your way on Thursday!

Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #2487
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut View Post
Hope you get that upgrade! While you're there can you do a little sleuthing and ask if the beach walls will be down by August?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #2488
butternut
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Hope you get that upgrade! While you're there can you do a little sleuthing and ask if the beach walls will be down by August?
I sure will !!!!! And thanks for all the pixie dust everyone!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #2489
mndisneylovinmom
Earning My Ears

Feed Our Addiction!! Pictures of Grand Floridian, TPV Club Level In Main building!!!!

Ok, we're 8 months away from our next Disney vacation.... We're staying at the Grand Gloridian, in the main building, club level, in a theme park view room.
We would just love to see pictures of the rooms, and views.
PLEASE and THANKS!!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #2490
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser

Yeah, I think we were lucky. The way it happened: after we were checked in by a member of the concierge team in our room, I mentioned really wanting to stay in the Walt Suite one day, and he asked if we'd like to see it. I JUMPED on that question!! Then, another time, another CM we had met took us to see the Grand Suite when we asked about what else was available like the Walt Suite. (I think my question at that time was, is this the nicest suite in the resort?)
You can always ask a CM (maybe someone you know from other stays). The worst that can happen is they say NO (perhaps someone is already in the suites too).
Thanks for the input. I will be sure to mention it to a CM the next I am at the Grand. I have no upcoming trips planned, so I really need to start looking into one soon lol. It's really the luck of the draw because the suites could all be taken so you got really lucky!

Do we have a projected completion date with the DVC addition?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: