Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
kiford
DIS Veteran

On our first couple of cruises, I put on weight though lost it relatively quickly afterwards. Since then, we go to the gym most days and just think a little bit about what we eat. I rarely now eat dessert sometimes because I'm just too full from everything else. Lots of salads, fruit, and dinner options which can be lower fat or calories. I still have my champagne and mojitos but between being selective and exercising I now never gain anything while I'm on board. Never lose anything either but I'm not trying to. I do beleve that, if you want to lose while on board, it's perfectly possible to feel full, happy and treat yourself without feeling like you're sacrificing all of the lovely foods on board.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #17
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
We're you in a Concierge stateroom? Our regular staterooms have never had scales.
Yes, we were.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #18
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
The doc just started me on Topomax for Migaines this week.
Hopefully you don't have the same experience with the Topomax that my wife had. She gained a lot of weight and had a lot of memory issues.

As far as weight gain on the cruise goes, we have found that by taking the stairs everywhere and just taking it easy on the snacking, we can maintain weight fairly easily. I am also on a weight loss journey that will be continuing on our Panama Canal cruise this May so will be using the fitness center on the ship for the first time. Actually looking forward to it. In 8 cruises, we have never even set foot in there before.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
Hopefully you don't have the same experience with the Topomax that my wife had. She gained a lot of weight and had a lot of memory issues.

Weight loss is actually common with Topomax. I had really fast unsafe weight loss and couldnt stay on it long enough to see if it worked. I have heard about memory loss quite often.
Congrats OP that is wonderful. Hope its a great trip.

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #20
nene0182
Mouseketeer

Random story but, two years ago I was prescribed Topomax for my migraines and it actually seemed to be working until I woke up one Saturday and my vision was so blurry I couldn't see more then a foot in front of me. For someone that doesn't have any vision problems at all, I was terrified. Thankfully it wasn't permanent and once I stopped taking the Topomax my vision improved within a few days.

CSR- 10/2012
Disney Fantasy- 11/13, 10/14
DWV- 10/14
nene0182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #21
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

I went on a cruise in January. I worked out each day at the gym for about an hour but I did indulge on my cruise. Not anything crazy but more then I would eat at home. When I got home my scale was up 7lbs and I almost lost it. But by my weigh in day only a week later I had already lost all of those pounds. I think it must of been water weight or something, maybe the fact that I just ate alot more then I normally did. So I was really glad I indulged on my cruise since in less then a week I had gained nothing. So my advice is to stay on track but also enjoy your vacation =)

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: