Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #691
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

that video is great - what a fun time with the CMs!

Grand Marnier Soufflé...droooooooooooool! I enjoyed that more than the Palo souffle!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #692
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Pictures look good love the Springsteen tshirt. We always go see him at Meadowlands
I saw him at the Meadowlands this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
We are staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal. I'm sure we will love the rides and DD really thinks we need to get Thing 1, Thing 2, etc shirts I really am looking forward to trying something new!
The rides are great- those shirts are great- it IS good to try something new, and I am SURE you will have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Delish food pix !!!I really liked the look of the wild boar but it scares me !!What does it taste like ??? I see you were definately wanted at the bar!!!
LOL, Rosie- a wild boar is just a pig! It tastes like very flavorful and moist pork- nothing to be afraid of, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates! you all looked good for the dress up night. The food pics looked yummy, Sorry the trip is almost over.
Thank you- I personally LOVE to dress up, but I know everyone does not necessarily feel the way I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
that video is great - what a fun time with the CMs!

Grand Marnier Soufflé...droooooooooooool! I enjoyed that more than the Palo souffle!
Aren't those girls great? I want to bring them something when I go NEXT WEEK ...but I can't decide what to give them.

I think alot of people prefer the GM souffle...you are not alone!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #693
NMW
DIS Veteran

We saw him the last night which was the 2.5 hour rain delay.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #694
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Do you remember every time we'd see Alex around the ship, if we had a drink in our hand, or heaven forbid if she'd walk through a different bar and see us there? She would stop. Put her hands on her hips. And say, "Vat do you tink you do in here? Vith HER!" And point at the other bartender. She would act so offended! I LOVE my Alex! My first ever girl crush!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #695
karajeboo

I promise not to duplicate too much of Ellen's comments, and sorry I've been MIA (a little anti-DIS lately) AND so ticked at photobucket - it has changed the order of all my pics in all my albums so they are no longer in order! It's such a pain to find photos....

Anywho.

Now it's time to say goodbye......

I HATE this part! In fact, we missed it on our first cruise. Saw it on our second. I cried like a baby and swore I'd never do it again. But Ellen made me. I think she likes to have someone else to cry with her.

And if that wasn't hard enough to say goodbye.....

Alex. Oh, my sweet sweet Alex.

I'm pretty sure she was mad at us at this point. I think it's when she caught us in Pink.... "vith HER!"

Oh, Joanie.... You're sexy and you know it..... (yeah, you're all singing now, aren't you? You're welcome!!!)

I actually liked Pink better. It was the girliest of all girly bars. And I loved Alenka (pronounced AH-len-kah) too. And she didn't yell at us when she saw us with another bartender..... just sayin.

Plus, Alenka had Ice..... Ice Ice Baby. Yeah, you're singin again. And most certainly showing your age if you've tapped into your inner Vanilla!

So long Pink.... until next time!

We ventured over to Skyline, and after Joanie left to go to bed, Ellen and I just couldn't say goodbye yet. After all, we were on VACATION!!!! No kids, no husbands! And like Ellen said, there was one thing we said we were going to do, that we hadn't done yet. Soon we saw Alex and her crew cleaning and realized that they were closing. But there was one place still open on the Dream........

And just to add a couple shots from the show....

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #696
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
and sorry I've been MIA (a little anti-DIS lately)

Hmmm...is there a story there?
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #697
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
We saw him the last night which was the 2.5 hour rain delay.
I went the first night when there was NOT that delay and didn't get home until 2am- and I live 40 minutes away. I felt horrible for everyone at that concert you saw!! YIKES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Do you remember every time we'd see Alex around the ship, if we had a drink in our hand, or heaven forbid if she'd walk through a different bar and see us there? She would stop. Put her hands on her hips. And say, "Vat do you tink you do in here? Vith HER!" And point at the other bartender. She would act so offended! I LOVE my Alex! My first ever girl crush!
Of course! She was so much fun to play with- I am really looking forward to her scolding me some more next week!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #698
podsnel

Yea...getting in trouble RIGHT THERE!

And I had to make you watch the goodbye with me- I never saw it before, and you KNOW we have to do EVERYTHING together!! Including cry!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #699
podsnel

And that Joanie...such a drama queen!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #700
podsnel

It was approaching 1 am, and we still had ONE more thing to do....

Which, it seems, no one else on the entire ship still had to do.

Because, when we got there, we were ALONE.

Except for the 3 guys sitting at the bar, one with a bucket of his own beer. And 2 bartenders. And...a DJ playing music for himself, I guess, since that dance floor was EVACUATED!

I'm talking about Evolution, the dance club. Because for Peas and Carrots, the trip would not be complete until...

We had made total and COMPLETE idiots out of ourselves!

YOU know what I'm talkin about...

We ROCKED Evolution that night! Hey Mr DJ, put a record on...

And the guy with his own bucket of beers? He left the bar and sat in a seat next to the dance floor- with his bucket.

We were VERY entertaining.

And the other guys sitting at the bar?

They got up after two songs and sat outside....

I'm sexy and I KNOW it....

Seriously- that was the song that was playing. We danced to 2 others before that (starting with "Evacuate the Dance Floor") I have 10 minutes on my Flip to prove it (since I recorded the whole extravaganza from the inside of my purse). Also on that recording is a LOT of loud laughter along with a deafening and large string of "WOOHOOOOO!"s. Then the DJ played "Satisfaction"- you know, by the Stones. "I can't get no....satisfaction...."

Pretty sure that was meant for the guy at the strip club- I mean, Evolution- and his floor seat and bucket of beer.

We were done....but not before I ran up to the DJ to exchange high fives, and comment, "Bet ya never saw THAT on a Disney cruise before!"

And as we left evolution, the other 2 guys from the bar stood and applauded...NO! Not that we were leaving! They applauded our EXTREME talent and told us what a great show we put on!

Yep- that situation was a first for everybody.

And ya know that saying, "Dance like no one is watching" .....

Well, I'm givin that one a big ol'

CHECK!!!!!!

Last edited by podsnel; 03-14-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #701
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

OMG!!! I love her!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #702
karajeboo

I can honestly say this was one of the best hours of my life!!!! It was THAT fun!

Well, except for Merv the Perv and his bucket of beer. And dollar bills. Did he have singles?

Then there was Chester the Molester and Henry Horndog at the bar. I kinda felt like Beyonce when we were done. Except we weren't hip syncing. We were dancing LIVE!

And I know this because I think I was pretty sore the next day. It's not fun getting old but still thinking you can dance like a 21 year old!

Right Ellen?

The bad part is that I've told so many people about this night, and I laugh and laugh and laugh, but nobody gets it. I guess you really did have to be there! Like Merv, Chester and Henry. I'm sure they had some stories to tell too.

"Dude, really, you should have SEEN these two hot chicks in Evolution! Then they left and these two OTHER chicks came in!"

Don't know if we will EVER be able to recreate that scene. But we'll try, right Ellen?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #703
podsnel

"And then these two other chicks came in..."

There were girls after US?????

Definitely one of my favorite memories ever-

I love you Carrots-
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #704
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Oh my! I don't even know where to begin... I'm laughing too hard! Recorded from INSIDE YOUR PURSE! My favorite veggies (peas and carrots) ... you are just a wee bit crazy! But I love ya!

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: