Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
robhawk
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hudson Massachusetts
Posts: 1,079

Dream back to back/luggage?

Looking into going on a back to back next February. We will be cruising on DVC points. I know if you keep the same cabin the luggage stays in your room.
My question is if we switch cabins what is the procedure with your luggage. Do you leave your luggage out at 10PM and it goes to your next cabin? Do you have to retrieve in the port and bring it back?

Not sure if we have enough points to have a verandah for both segments!

Thanks.
__________________
robhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
Looking into going on a back to back next February. We will be cruising on DVC points. I know if you keep the same cabin the luggage stays in your room.
My question is if we switch cabins what is the procedure with your luggage. Do you leave your luggage out at 10PM and it goes to your next cabin? Do you have to retrieve in the port and bring it back?

Not sure if we have enough points to have a verandah for both segments!

Thanks.
In most cases, when you are switching rooms on a B2B, you will pack up your bags, and leave them in your room on disembarkation/embarkation day. Your room host(s) will see to moving them from one room to the other.

Sometimes, your room host will tell you, "just leave everything in the drawers/closet, we'll move them for you". The drawers are interchangable from room to room.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
justmestace



Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean
 
justmestace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Cave Creek, Arizona
Posts: 26,992

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
In most cases, when you are switching rooms on a B2B, you will pack up your bags, and leave them in your room on disembarkation/embarkation day. Your room host(s) will see to moving them from one room to the other.

Sometimes, your room host will tell you, "just leave everything in the drawers/closet, we'll move them for you". The drawers are interchangable from room to room.

I wonder if they get very many "takers" on this offer. I certainly wouldn't trust someone to do that for me.

We've cruised with butlers numerous times, and they offer to unpack and pack for us....thanks, but no thanks. I'll handle my own undies.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 17,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
I wonder if they get very many "takers" on this offer. I certainly wouldn't trust someone to do that for me.

We've cruised with butlers numerous times, and they offer to unpack and pack for us....thanks, but no thanks. I'll handle my own undies.
Yeah, I don't know how comfortable I'd be with others handling all my "stuff", also.
__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
robhawk
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hudson Massachusetts
Posts: 1,079

Thanks for the info.
I don't think we would like someone packing our stuff either!
Hopefully we can keep the same stateroom!
__________________
robhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.