Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #61
Billinaz
Waiting to spend time in our home away from home.. cabin 12506!

Actually when an agert of the govt violates the law, the guilty verdict is a personal responsibility. The insurance is not going to cover a person who violates policy (which would be violating a civil right, etc)

PAST CRUISES (13)
02/11/2004 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/03/2005 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Day WDW and 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2006 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/01/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Night Bahamas
02/08/2008 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/07/2009 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Western
02/07/2010 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/27/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- & Cabana #3 Inaugural 4Night Bahamas
03/03/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- Missed CC - Inaugural 3 Night Bahamas
04/21/2012 Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana #4- Inaugural 7 Night Eastern
04/20/2013 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana 4- 7 Night Eastern
03/08/2014 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506& Cabana 3- 7 Night Eastern
Billinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #62
Bella29
Mouseketeer

We've used Happy Limo twice with no real complaints. Only slight hiccup was when another family inserted themselves into our stretch limo. The driver noticed they only had 5 and his pickup was supposed to be for 6 -- apparently he didn't have names to check. That family was quite disappointed to have to leave the limo and get into a waiting towncar. (We ran into them at the airport later and the woman shared this with me). This was a bit of a close call as we would have had no options if they had left, because our group of 6 wouldn't fit into their towncar.

I am debating about trying a rental car again but it was such a hassle last time to wait for the shuttle, shuttle is too full, wait for next shuttle, obnoxious budgers edged us out of line again... it was not a magical way to start the vacation. Fortunately it was all a hazy memory by the time they announced our name in the atrium!
Bella29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #63
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billinaz View Post
If an agent of the government seizes my property, I hope he has enough insurance to pay for the violation of civil rights suit coming his way.

They have to follow the rules imposed on them by the constitution as well.

Try taking a cell phone or camera into a federal courthouse and watch how fast they take it away from you. They aren't allowed in the courthouse. You are. It's not a classified area. I work with people who have permits to carry guns, but they cannot bring them into the federal workplace. Not classified area, just not allowed. You cannot take a gun into any federal building even if you are otherwise authorized to have it.

If the agent is on duty, he is certainly protected. I'm a federal employee. I'm protected if I'm performing my duties.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #64
Billinaz
Waiting to spend time in our home away from home.. cabin 12506!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
Try taking a cell phone or camera into a federal courthouse and watch how fast they take it away from you. They aren't allowed in the courthouse. You are. It's not a classified area. I work with people who have permits to carry guns, but they cannot bring them into the federal workplace. Not classified area, just not allowed. You cannot take a gun into any federal building even if you are otherwise authorized to have it.

If the agent is on duty, he is certainly protected. I'm a federal employee. I'm protected if I'm performing my duties.

Nancy
A federal courthouse isnt a seaport or an airport.

PAST CRUISES (13)
02/11/2004 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/03/2005 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Day WDW and 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2006 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/01/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/04/2007 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 3 Night Bahamas
02/08/2008 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Eastern
02/07/2009 Magic Cabin 8532 - 7 Night Western
02/07/2010 Wonder Cabin 8532 - 4 Night Bahamas
02/27/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- & Cabana #3 Inaugural 4Night Bahamas
03/03/2011 Dream Cabin 12506- Missed CC - Inaugural 3 Night Bahamas
04/21/2012 Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana #4- Inaugural 7 Night Eastern
04/20/2013 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506 & Cabana 4- 7 Night Eastern
03/08/2014 WDW Poly & Fantasy Cabin 12506& Cabana 3- 7 Night Eastern
Billinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #65
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

I received a call this morning, informing me, that my driver would be 15 minutes late. The passengers at port were late, so it affects my pick up and arrival time. Bummer.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #66
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

I have seen this thread sitting here for the past couple of weeks and I tried to ignore it but the title really bothers me. It's like it's saying that Happy Limo is unreliable as if it's a FACT when it is NOT a fact. We used Happy Limo with no problems from MCO to WDW and from WDW to the port and were very happy with them. I'm just not a fan of bashing the company like that when it is not necessarily a fact that you will be guaranteed a poor experience. You may very well have a stellar experience just like we did. I would use them again and since we live in an area with routinely major traffic congestion I don't consider a 15 minute time difference a make or break deal when "stuff happens". We were also once delayed getting through customs and off the ship. All I could think of that time was that I was sooo glad I hadn't tried to book an earlier than recommended flight home. We always take the DCL bus back to the airport so we can use the onboard check-in and luggage transfer.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think the OP's title is misleading.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSox68
Why didn't the driver contact the customer to say they couldn't wait? that would be my issue.

We've used a company for our last 6 trips that we just love and they are so dependable. Unfortunately, they're one of the sites I cannot post here
I'm new to this site. Why can't you post the name of the company?
carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #68
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
I'm new to this site. Why can't you post the name of the company?
Because the owners of this site chose not to allow certain other sites/companies to be discussed. Their playground, their rules.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #69
briandclement
Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever tried to have a 10.55am flight from mco the day of cruise disembarkation ? Would using a.private transfer be a.good solution if we are one of thr first to leave the ship?
briandclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #70
Rai's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Most stressful part of my vacation

My port pick-up experience with Happy Limo was by far the most stressful part of my vacation. I used Happy Limo last spring for a trip from port to Universal and from Universal to the airport. I had researched how late one can expect to get off the ship and, as I can't stand being rushed or late for anything, was on one of the larger ships, the Fantasy, and was scheduled for a late breakfast I requested a 10:30 or 11 pick-up. The woman at Happy Limo said that they picked up from the port all of the time, there was no way that I would need all that time to disembark, that they wouldn't allow me to stay on the ship long enough for those kind of pick up times, and that I should book a 9 or 9:30 pick-up time. I explained that I would rather wait around than risk being late for the car. She then told me that she was scheduling me for a 9:30 pick-up but that if I was somehow held up on the ship or in customs that the driver would wait for me. I was just about finished with breakfast (about 8:45) when I started getting text messages from our driver. He said that he got there a little early and where he was parked. I responded that we were just finishing breakfast and I would try to get to him as fast as possible. I rushed us out of breakfast as fast as I could and proceeded straight toward the ship's exit but quickly noted an incredibly long line. I sent the driver a text to let him know what we were facing. I then was flooded with text messages from him throughout my journey off of the ship and through customs asking me for an update every few minutes. Meanwhile I, traveling alone with my DD, was trying to manage our bags and my daughter through the customs lines and process (I was probably too busy texting to notice the sign that indicated texting was not allowed). Needless to say, I kept slowing down my line as I was trying to text while trying to move suitcases. The driver didn't seem to understand that I was already moving as fast as I could and that his messages weren't helping me to get through customs any faster. I finally got out of customs and met the driver at about 9:50. My experience was fine once I met up up with the driver but I was feeling horrible about being late because he seemed a little stressed. While driving the driver then started calling someone else who was at a hotel waiting for him to pick them up for the port. The driver explained that he was running behind schedule. A few calls later I heard the driver say that he was about an hour behind schedule and then the driver called the office to let them know that that person cancelled. While I felt bad about running 20 minutes late for my scheduled pick-up and the stress it may have caused the driver, it became clear to me that Happy Limo scheduled its other pick-ups too tightly (and perhaps even overlapping), especially in light of my statements when scheduling my ride that I was going to be disembarking from the Fantasy, which may take longer than the Wonder or the Magic, and that I had a late breakfast.

All of the above said, my pick-up from my Universal hotel to the airport went very smoothly and I can honestly say that both drivers were nice and professional. I just wish that I insisted with going with my requested time of 10:30/11 when booking my port pick-up.

July, 1990 & February, 1995 - Offsite; March, 1998 & November, 1999 - ASM; May, 2005 - Fort Wilderness (DD 5th B-Day Fam Trip); May, 2006 - ASM (DD 6th B-Day); May, 2012 - Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean (DD 12th B-Day); August, 2013 - Dream 3 Night Bahamian/Art of Animation; July, 2014 - Tokyo Disney; August, 2014 - Pop Century
Rai's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: