Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #2296
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
Well, my last stay was at POR and I would never go back. I hated that place. 1) we haven't even gotten to our room yet and was checking in when a certain DISer mumbled "effing aholes" about my kids. The not clean version of that really. I nearly got up and choked him, but decided against it. My kids were excited a rowdy after being on a plane all day. 2) If you get stuck in a far building, you're screwed as far as walking goes. POR is way too spread out. 3) No disney magic, at least not for kids. And we stayed in a Princess room. Really, the only characters can be found in the gift shop? I found that incredibly odd. Yes, the main pool was nice, but super crowded, and yes I will miss the slide, but that's about it.

I've never stayed at Movies, but at Pop, and I like the layout. Yes, it's no frills, but it's more cpmpact, so you're never far, and Kids love the large icons. So I'm guessing they'll love movies just as much as they loved Pop, if not more (since they're really into 101 Dalmations and Toy Story now).
How do you know they were "Disers". that is rude yes, probably not something to allow to ruin your stay though.
And what do you mean about characters? They don't usually have characters at the resorts.
All Mods have a lot of walking. Deluxes for that matter too. Even some of the Values have far out rooms. But most people know the layout going in. The Princess rooms are the furthest out. Thats why they made those room in that theme, so they could sell them since they are so far out.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #2297
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How do you know they were "Disers". that is rude yes, probably not something to allow to ruin your stay though.
And what do you mean about characters? They don't usually have characters at the resorts.
All Mods have a lot of walking. Deluxes for that matter too. Even some of the Values have far out rooms. But most people know the layout going in. The Princess rooms are the furthest out. Thats why they made those room in that theme, so they could sell them since they are so far out.
Because the guy who said it was on the POR thread all week taking pictures of the new additions in the lobby, and he had a picture of himself as his avatar. I'm not blaming dissers, I'm blaming one in particular, and I know who he is, because the idiot had his picture there. And yes, it totally ruined all of my magic while I was there, as every time I was in that building, that's all I could think about. My kids were so excited to finally be at Disney, and I planned for almost a year for that trip, and here comes this jerk, who I have talked to online, saying that about my children all because he wanted a precious picture and my kids were blocking his "perfect shot." You can say whatever you want about me, but not about my kids. And what kind of a person calls 4 year old girls effing Aholes anyway?

There are some Princess rooms that are close, close to the pool, close to the bus stop. We got the farthest building, where there is no bus stop close by. Throw in the bus sharing and the multiple stops and never being able to get on, and that - in a nutshell - is why I will never go back to POR.

The only value I know that is spread out like POR is Art of Animation, and the walk from the LM suits to the bus stop was less than the walk from my room to the bus stop. I timed it, as I visited there on the same trip. And at AoA, there are much cuter things to hold my kids' interests.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #2298
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
Well, my last stay was at POR and I would never go back. I hated that place. 1) we haven't even gotten to our room yet and was checking in when a certain DISer mumbled "effing aholes" about my kids. The not clean version of that really. I nearly got up and choked him, but decided against it. My kids were excited a rowdy after being on a plane all day. 2) If you get stuck in a far building, you're screwed as far as walking goes. POR is way too spread out. 3) No disney magic, at least not for kids. And we stayed in a Princess room. Really, the only characters can be found in the gift shop? I found that incredibly odd. Yes, the main pool was nice, but super crowded, and yes I will miss the slide, but that's about it.

I've never stayed at Movies, but at Pop, and I like the layout. Yes, it's no frills, but it's more cpmpact, so you're never far, and Kids love the large icons. So I'm guessing they'll love movies just as much as they loved Pop, if not more (since they're really into 101 Dalmations and Toy Story now).
Wow im so sorry to hear about your experience that is so unfortunate! Thanks for sharing your story and I hope your future stays are much more magical
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #2299
wvasweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady
Has anyone ever eaten here with an allergy? My DD has a gluten allergy and while I check that section, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any good or bad experiences with Movies.
We are here now with our 15 mo old that is gluten free and they are amazing! You have to speak to a chef/manager every time you order a GF item. I recommend doing that first since it takes a bit longer (we are traveling with 4 kids 6 and under, so waiting is hard!)

Our first night here the manager showed me all "standard" GF options thatdont require special prep: fruit yogurt, etc. Anyone who is experienced with GF living and/or can read labels can do this. However, it was helpful and time saving to here the manager go through the list.

The list of GF items that they will make fresh is long: pastas, pizza, breads, chicken tenders, etc. The list goes on.

All GF items are made separately from all other food by one of the chefs on shift. They take great care, by everything I've seen, to avoid cross contamination. They also labeled our GF items well to avoid mixups (like when we got 2 regular pizzas and 1 GF one).

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions!
*** Currently planning Nov 16-22, 2014 trip in AKL
wvasweetness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #2300
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

When we stayed here in 2008, I am pretty sure we were able to request a room along the backside of Fantasia that was regular rate and not preferred. Looking at the first summary post, am I to understand ALL of toy story, 101 and fantasia are preferred now? Or can u still get the further sections of these buildings without being preferred? I actually recall a map that had highlighted which sides of the buildings were which. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #2301
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor'sMom View Post
When we stayed here in 2008, I am pretty sure we were able to request a room along the backside of Fantasia that was regular rate and not preferred. Looking at the first summary post, am I to understand ALL of toy story, 101 and fantasia are preferred now? Or can u still get the further sections of these buildings without being preferred? I actually recall a map that had highlighted which sides of the buildings were which. Thanks!
The 3 sections mentioned are entirely preferred. Only Love Bug and Mighty Ducks are not. We stayed in Mighty Ducks in Nov 2012, and it was closer to ASMusic's buses than ASMovies bus stops. Returning home from the parks, sometimes we took the Music bus, sometimes the Movies bus, depending on the waiting line. Music's gift shop and food court were about equal distance as Movies'. So sometimes we'd stop over to ASMusic for a meal/shopping. We felt we got the closeness of a preferred room without paying the premium, because of our nearness to ASMusic.

The map you might be recalling with partial-building preferred rooms is Pop Century. I've seen that map, too.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #2302
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
The 3 sections mentioned are entirely preferred. Only Love Bug and Mighty Ducks are not. We stayed in Mighty Ducks in Nov 2012, and it was closer to ASMusic's buses than ASMovies bus stops. Returning home from the parks, sometimes we took the Music bus, sometimes the Movies bus, depending on the waiting line. Music's gift shop and food court were about equal distance as Movies'. So sometimes we'd stop over to ASMusic for a meal/shopping. We felt we got the closeness of a preferred room without paying the premium, because of our nearness to ASMusic.
That's why I am trying to sell the kids on Mighty Ducks over Herbie lol

MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #2303
DanaMark3boys
Earning My Ears

Good thing I have a house full of hockey playing boys!! They prefer the mighty ducks room
DanaMark3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #2304
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post

The map you might be recalling with partial-building preferred rooms is Pop Century. I've seen that map, too.
Thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #2305
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Hi All! My trip isn't set in stone yet but we hope to go the first week in December. Last time we got super lucky going during value season and got to stay at AKL for less than that rack rate at a mod. Then we got pixie dusted and upgraded to a savannah room. Needless to stay we are spoiled now, but I want to go back so soon that if we want to go again we will need to stay value.

Call me crazy but I LOVE the theme at ASMovies! The Fantasia and 101 Dalmatians sections especially. It just seems so 'Disney'.

Obviously the specials aren't out for December yet so I still have a ton of time to decide but I was wondering what would be the 'quietest' location? First I was thinking we should pay extra for preferred to be closer to the buses and food court but then I decided it would be noisier at those locations too. Then I could always 'walk through' those sections I like on my way to the non-preferred rooms. The theme inside the room is the same for all sections isn't it?

Oh and we're just two adults who will need a king accessible room (DH uses an ECV at Disney and he needs the grabs too). I assume those are found in all buildings, but if not let me know.

Thanks for any opinions.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #2306
sommergirl25
Mouseketeer

We just got back in Feb. We were in Toy Story building 9. It was the back corner. We had a view of some trees and around the corner, the parking lot. It was awesome. So so quiet.
sommergirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #2307
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Hi All! My trip isn't set in stone yet but we hope to go the first week in December. Last time we got super lucky going during value season and got to stay at AKL for less than that rack rate at a mod. Then we got pixie dusted and upgraded to a savannah room. Needless to stay we are spoiled now, but I want to go back so soon that if we want to go again we will need to stay value.

Call me crazy but I LOVE the theme at ASMovies! The Fantasia and 101 Dalmatians sections especially. It just seems so 'Disney'.

Obviously the specials aren't out for December yet so I still have a ton of time to decide but I was wondering what would be the 'quietest' location? First I was thinking we should pay extra for preferred to be closer to the buses and food court but then I decided it would be noisier at those locations too. Then I could always 'walk through' those sections I like on my way to the non-preferred rooms. The theme inside the room is the same for all sections isn't it?

Oh and we're just two adults who will need a king accessible room (DH uses an ECV at Disney and he needs the grabs too). I assume those are found in all buildings, but if not let me know.

Thanks for any opinions.
We should be at AsMo the same time

Yes the room's interior are the same. I agree with sommergirl, we stayed in Toy Story and it was very quiet.

MamaJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #2308
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommergirl25 View Post
We just got back in Feb. We were in Toy Story building 9. It was the back corner. We had a view of some trees and around the corner, the parking lot. It was awesome. So so quiet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
We should be at AsMo the same time

Yes the room's interior are the same. I agree with sommergirl, we stayed in Toy Story and it was very quiet.
Thanks for the information. Good to know there are quiet places at the resort.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #2309
MacDalt
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to search all 154 pages but I can't find what I need. Which buildings have preferred rooms? Or maybe which buildings are considered preferred? If I book a preferred room, do I need to request a building? Thanks!

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #2310
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDalt
I'm trying to search all 154 pages but I can't find what I need. Which buildings have preferred rooms? Or maybe which buildings are considered preferred? If I book a preferred room, do I need to request a building? Thanks!
From post #1: Fantasia, Toy Story and 101 Dalmatians are preferred.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: