Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #46
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Oh I hope you are right! I've been crossing my fingers since I booked. My sister who is also traveling with us got that last pin that came out but unfortunately couldn't be used because of our dates.
I hope so too! We've stayed at Boardwalk and the Beach Club. We love being able to walk to Epcot (3-5 minutes and we're in France) and Hollywood Studios, about 15-20 minutes (or boat). It is a nice walk to both parks.

Good luck on those discounts.

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #47
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
Even with the added fee and either transportation to and from the airport or parking (you only have to pay for one or the other) it is around $200 per night less expensive to stay at S&D.
Perhaps if you are paying rack rate? I'm staying 7 nights at YC for $1330 this summer.

Last edited by DeeCeeSW; 03-10-2013 at 12:00 AM.
DeeCeeSW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #48
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
You do get free parking at the parks. You wouldn't have to pay for both airport transportation and a rental car.
Oh, thanks for pointing out the car rental/airport thing. I guess I need to proofread better before I post. I've amended my original post to say OR, not AND. I paid for parking at the theme parks when I stayed at the Dolphin several years ago. I see they have changed it. I suppose that's the least they could do after forcing everyone to pay the resort fee whether they utilize the amenities or not and for also having to take that loooong walk to and from the parking lot each day if you don't valet. :0)

The Dolphin is lovely with lots of food options. Pool area is very nice as well. But as I said earlier, if given the choice, I'd still pick YC (especially at the rate I'm getting).

Last edited by DeeCeeSW; 03-10-2013 at 12:10 AM.
DeeCeeSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #49
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
If you can afford it, yes. they are the best 2 properties in all of the world.

#1 - best pool in storm along bay
#2 - can WALK to 2 theme parks (epcot and studios)
#3 - can WALK to 5 resorts and all their food and shopping
#4 - High end deluxe themeing
#5 - boardwalk

I agree with DSL. Personally, the beach club and the boardwalk are my favorite resorts, but particularly the beach club for #1 lol. Numbers 2-5 also count for the boardwalk, however their pool is kind of lacking . Anyway about the beach club....my favorite thing is on a hot day, walking into the breezeway and getting SLAPPED with that cool, sweet smelling air. OMG it feels so amazing, I usually walk in more than once hahaha. My dad loves the Beach Club because of the all you can eat clams at Cape May hahaha. Also, The Beach Club has an awesome new resort t-shirt out :-P

Make your way over to the DVC Rent/Trade section and you'll see you may be able to afford it however you'll have to plan WAY in advance! Also, keep the DVC Rent/Trade thing between us....less competition that way lol
May 2010 (Beach Club Villas)
December 2010 (Animal Kingdom Lodge,Boardwalk Villas)
twe1vestone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #50
twe1vestone2
Mouseketeer

Also...Beaches N Cream! Awesome!
May 2010 (Beach Club Villas)
December 2010 (Animal Kingdom Lodge,Boardwalk Villas)
twe1vestone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #51
Disney Dad 88
Mouseketeer

Just returned from a March 1-5 quick trip. Stayed CL Standard. YC is very relaxing for our family with two girls 7 and 4. There was more a business class mentality at the hotel, but staff was very outgoing and helpful. Ate more at the parks because of the lack of Quick Dining. Transportation was great, and walking into Epcot was so easy during the day. Would stay here again for the right deal, but may try BC for the more relaxed feel over the summer or fall. Have to say though that the YC is a beautiful place to stay.
Disney Dad 88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #52
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Only you can answer for yourself if it is worth it. My first stay at AKL I was sitting on my bed, looking out the sliding door at the zebra saying to myself "worth EVERY penny" with a chuckle! When I stayed at SSR though I had a great time and enjoyed my stay I wasn't really thinking it was "worth it" - and thought I would rather use DVC points to stay there in the future.

Anyway - I might look for the best price I could find and then see for myself. I could imagine a short walk back to the resort after a night at Epcot would be worth it for me! Good Luck!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: