Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #676
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

More food! I had •Roasted Wild Boar Tenderloin
Sweet Carrot and Onion Potato Cake with a Red Currant reduction

This was delicious. Other entrees at our table were ummm...I dunno! Someone else will have to share their dinner photos....

As we finished, our server, Roland, told us we were to have a Magical moment- no doubt due to Joan's hotness, the chef felt he had to come to our table to say hello...

It's always so nice to feel special, isn't it?

On to dessert....of COURSE there was •Grand Marnier Soufflé
Infused with fresh Orange Zest and served with Crème Anglaise

That Roland was a really wonderful server-

I had •Peanut Butter Mousse
Dark Chocolate infused Peanut Butter, Chiffon Cake and Whipped Cream

It was very good, but I missed that souffle and will be ordering it this next time. One more dessert from our table, •Sweet Temptations
A trio of Peanut Butter Mousse, Mango Cheesecake, and Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brûlée

Roland invited us back for breakfast in the morning, and we were off to our cabin- some were uncomfortable staying dressed up, so, we all dressed back down. We had a friend waiting to help us change-

And it was time to hit the adult stuff one last time. One guess who we still had to visit that night...

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #677
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I hate the last night of the cruise. It needs to be longer!!!!

Last edited by jenseib; 03-07-2013 at 01:01 PM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #678
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh, the feeling of impending dread...the last night of the cruise. I hate it!

While it was snowing this morning as I waited with Allison at the bus stop, I was listening to Zac Brown Band singing "Toes" and wished with all my heart that I could be teleported out of there and plopped on beach someplace warm, toes in the sand, margarita in hand.

Nope. Still in New York. Freezing.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #679
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Wish I could be there too! Here's to lots of margaritas and fun!
not to sound stalkerish but Give us your cell# and we can text you and you can drink "with us" lol Seriously El & Kara did that the last couple trips to me.. the only time it sucked was while I was at work and those broads were drinking around the world LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
It's soooooo close!
YEAH BUDDY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Great! I am wondering what they will do about Palo brunch- there is no sea day on this cruise, it's a 4 day with Nassau & a doubledip.
I remember reading it usially on Castaway days so they may have 2 days of it... didnt you get to pre book?

We are going with couples, no kids so 2 days at Serenity Bay sounds really, REALLY great- hopefully they'll have enough fish for both days!
wait, whens this cruise? this isnt with Timmy? Im so confused LOL

I'm mentally not there yet- more focused on the cruise with Timmy in 2 weeks. Have you seen all the cool food booths? That F&G really needed them- I have always wondered why they didn't do that before....
Well ya I would be too if I had a cruise pland.. Only thing I have to count down to is seeing BonJovi before meeting up with yall for my initiation. lol
Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #680
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What? The last night? I know- even a week is not enough- the 9 night one we took on Explorer of the Seas was PERFECT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Oh, the feeling of impending dread...the last night of the cruise. I hate it!

Me too!

While it was snowing this morning as I waited with Allison at the bus stop, I was listening to Zac Brown Band singing "Toes" and wished with all my heart that I could be teleported out of there and plopped on beach someplace warm, toes in the sand, margarita in hand.

Nope. Still in New York. Freezing.
We didn't get snow until early today- very pretty outside, and 50 degrees tomorrow- we'll take it!
Something tells me the baseball scrimmage is going to be called off this afternoon, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
not to sound stalkerish but Give us your cell# and we can text you and you can drink "with us" lol Seriously El & Kara did that the last couple trips to me.. the only time it sucked was while I was at work and those broads were drinking around the world LOL

Yes! Do this!

YEAH BUDDY!!

Well ya I would be too if I had a cruise pland.. Only thing I have to count down to is seeing BonJovi before meeting up with yall for my initiation. lol
FYI- You'll be needing a beanie with a propeller on top for starters....
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #681
podsnel

Cross your fingers I can find the rest of my pics on the new and "improved" Photobucket-

What a MESS over there, huh? I am paid in full until next year on my pro account, so they are currently not harassing me for more $$$. I am hoping they realize that NO ONE is willing to pay $40 a MONTH for photostorage on their disfunctional site before I need to renew (or leave).

But I digress....

After dinner we changed into more casual clothes- I forgot to mention that we had already packed it all up before dinner, and really, that was the only time I felt stressed having 4 adult women in that cabin- my suitcase had been kept (with many of my clothes in it) under the bed all week, but when all of us had our suitcases out and open and were trying to pack, it was kinda chaotic in that cabin.

Of COURSE, we had to go and visit our girl, Alex, in Skyline. We all really did love her- she was a GREAT bartender, extremely funny, gave over the top excellent service to all- she was going to be hard to quit when we debarked in the morning.

So glad I will see her in 16 days!

There were some snacks set up outside of the bars, but we just took pics (can't IMAGINE why we were so FULL!)

Here she is!

Kara was having an Ooh La La, and I was having...a Metropolitan?

I don't know WHAT setting my P&S was on, but it sure wasn't the right one! Certainly does add to the booziness of the evening, though-

Time for dessert!

Cammie decided to go to bed, and Joan went with her, but before they left, we all wanted a pic with our Alex-

But Kara and I were still having fun!

Love the staff-

The clubs were all pretty much deserted! I think there must have been alot of families with young kids onboard, because at 11 pm, I would think there would be a few tables at LEAST left. But no. Just us. And actually, it was time to start packing it in at Skyline. But that didn't mean we could go elsewhere. Nope. We were stying put. Because a certain somebody & her co-worker very strongly requested our presence at Skyline for as long as possible. And those certain somebodies made it very clear what they think when we go to another bartender and look for drinks.

Click to play-

Aww...so nice to be wanted!

EVENTUALLY, though, we did need to pack it in- but only because the DJ was in the next bar.......and we had one more thing on our must do list before we went to bed.

Have to run- back later with the end!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #682
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

id be focused on the cruise too. Such fun with Timmy. We have a few (hopefully) have a few snowmobile weekends left and then the count down is on ----big time!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #683
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

How excited am I ....I get to re-read the TR because gramma just booked a girls only 4 day Dream trip for us April 14! Gotta comb through your details again.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #684
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
We didn't get snow until early today- very pretty outside, and 50 degrees tomorrow- we'll take it! Something tells me the baseball scrimmage is going to be called off this afternoon, though.

I should've kept my mouth shut yesterday and not complained so much because we had FIVE inches by 7:00 a.m. today and its still snowing. Work still on, school still on so I had to get us all up and out in this, when really, I just wanted to pull the covers up over my head.

Allison has a thing at church we are supposed to take her to later. I'm really hoping they call it off. I have no desire to go home, be home for an hour and then have to head back out again. I just want my jammies!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #685
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

No matter how stuffed I am from dinner there is no way j could walk past that plate of olives without grabbing a handful! Ellen, you are so lucky to be going back on the ship after you leave DW. When we leave DW over spring break we are headed over to the dark side and I'm sure it will be fun but I would love getting on the Dream again!

Loved the video in Skyline! I will have to enjoy a cocktail with you ladies on the NYE cruise - please!

Last edited by stinksmom; 03-09-2013 at 05:42 PM.
stinksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #686
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
id be focused on the cruise too. Such fun with Timmy. We have a few (hopefully) have a few snowmobile weekends left and then the count down is on ----big time!
I actually will get even another quickie break before our trip in May- the first weekend in April, Timmy and I are going down to Rehoboth Beach in DE for a baseball tournament. Very happy about THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
How excited am I ....I get to re-read the TR because gramma just booked a girls only 4 day Dream trip for us April 14! Gotta comb through your details again.
GO GRANNY!!!! That's excellent! And how wonderful you don't have to wait a year and a half to sail! It will be here before you know it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I should've kept my mouth shut yesterday and not complained so much because we had FIVE inches by 7:00 a.m. today and its still snowing. Work still on, school still on so I had to get us all up and out in this, when really, I just wanted to pull the covers up over my head.

Allison has a thing at church we are supposed to take her to later. I'm really hoping they call it off. I have no desire to go home, be home for an hour and then have to head back out again. I just want my jammies!
Snow days are soooo good for jammies! All our snow will be gone by the end of today, I am fairly certain, because it is warming up to 50 today! It is a GORGEOUS day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
No matter how stuffed I am from dinner there is no way j could walk past that plate of olives without grabbing a handful! Ellen, you are so lucky to be going back on the ship after you leave DW. When we leave DW over spring break we are headed over to the dark side and I'm sure it will be fun but I wilderness getting on the Dream again!

Loved the video in Skyline! I will have to enjoy a cocktail with you ladies on the NYE cruise - please!
Gee- do ya think we'll be having cocktails on the Fantasy? I really don't know.... Absolutely! I hear they have a couple of awesome bartenders on that ship as well- looking forward to finding them ALL!

The dark side isn't so bad- where are you staying? I went on Rip Ride Rocket on this last trip- could not BELIEVE I was riding it and screamed like a two year old the entire time! Also giggled like a maniac- lots of fun! And...there are loads of great restaurants over there. You'll have fun!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #687
NMW
DIS Veteran

Pictures look good love the Springsteen tshirt. We always go see him at Meadowlands
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #688
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

We are staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal. I'm sure we will love the rides and DD really thinks we need to get Thing 1, Thing 2, etc shirts I really am looking forward to trying something new!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #689
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Delish food pix !!!I really liked the look of the wild boar but it scares me !!What does it taste like ??? I see you were definately wanted at the bar!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #690
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great updates! you all looked good for the dress up night. The food pics looked yummy, Sorry the trip is almost over.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: