Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #1876
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran
 
MHTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,126

Looking for room recommendations-I booked standard view. We'll be driving, so I want to be somewhat close to a parking lot, but I don't want an overly loud room. At the same time, I don't want to be too far from the bus stop. I know! I want it all, don't I? I've been studying the POP map, and I'm thinking about the 50's section, maybe the Tramp building(not sure of the number), lake facing room.

I've heard POP is a compact resort-Would you compare it to the size of the Poly? We've stayed there several times, and I have a general idea about the amount of time it takes to walk from place to place.
__________________
~Michelle



Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152


All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #1877
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher
Looking for room recommendations-I booked standard view. We'll be driving, so I want to be somewhat close to a parking lot, but I don't want an overly loud room. At the same time, I don't want to be too far from the bus stop. I know! I want it all, don't I? I've been studying the POP map, and I'm thinking about the 50's section, maybe the Tramp building(not sure of the number), lake facing room.

I've heard POP is a compact resort-Would you compare it to the size of the Poly? We've stayed there several times, and I have a general idea about the amount of time it takes to walk from place to place.
Tramp is bldg 3...spent 12 days in this bldg in January and LOVED it!! I didn't have a lake view but was okay with that! Was in the end closest to the food court and was there in like 2 min and I walk slow (when I walk). I am SO hoping for this same location when I return next Sunday! It was nice and quiet and my mousekeeper was the bomb..always leaving new towel animals! Room was impeccable! I think you would be very happy!
stitchlovestink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #1878
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Looking for room recommendations-I booked standard view. We'll be driving, so I want to be somewhat close to a parking lot, but I don't want an overly loud room. At the same time, I don't want to be too far from the bus stop. I know! I want it all, don't I? I've been studying the POP map, and I'm thinking about the 50's section, maybe the Tramp building(not sure of the number), lake facing room.

I've heard POP is a compact resort-Would you compare it to the size of the Poly? We've stayed there several times, and I have a general idea about the amount of time it takes to walk from place to place.
Building 1 in the 50's (which has the Lady icon) would be a closer to parking than building 3, yet is also convenient to Classic Hall. I like to request building 1.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #1879
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran
 
MHTeacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Tramp is bldg 3...spent 12 days in this bldg in January and LOVED it!! I didn't have a lake view but was okay with that! Was in the end closest to the food court and was there in like 2 min and I walk slow (when I walk). I am SO hoping for this same location when I return next Sunday! It was nice and quiet and my mousekeeper was the bomb..always leaving new towel animals! Room was impeccable! I think you would be very happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Building 1 in the 50's (which has the Lady icon) would be a closer to parking than building 3, yet is also convenient to Classic Hall. I like to request building 1.
I'm not sure why I think I would want a lake view-it's not like I"m going to stand in front of the window and look out!

Sounds as if the 50's might be a good request then! Thanks!
__________________
~Michelle



Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152


All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #1880
eeudj
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 182

After looking up reviews and seeing this thread I think my family will be staying at POP for our June vacation. Two adults two teens who can not wait. Quick queston.. hope it has not been asked. Is there a building to request if you want to be close to ART? My sister may be staying there and we are hoping to walk back and forth to food courts pools etc....
eeudj is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #1881
Marla1106
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 132

Can three adults be in the same room?

My mom and dad really want to go with us when we go in May. But, my sister can't function on her own really, since she has brain cancer. So if they go, they would take her with them.

I doubt they will, but I thought I'd find out if it's even possible.
Marla1106 is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #1882
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,309

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeudj View Post
After looking up reviews and seeing this thread I think my family will be staying at POP for our June vacation. Two adults two teens who can not wait. Quick queston.. hope it has not been asked. Is there a building to request if you want to be close to ART? My sister may be staying there and we are hoping to walk back and forth to food courts pools etc....
Buildings 4 & 5 in the 60s section are closest to the Generation Bridge.

FYI: While you can certainly eat at each others food courts, you are not allowed to swim at any resort where you personally are not staying. AoA even has a gate on their pool that an only be accessed with a room key from that resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla1106 View Post
Can three adults be in the same room?

My mom and dad really want to go with us when we go in May. But, my sister can't function on her own really, since she has brain cancer. So if they go, they would take her with them.

I doubt they will, but I thought I'd find out if it's even possible.
Yes, up to four adults in a room, provided it is one of the ones with double beds. It's an additional $10 per night for any adults over 2 though.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #1883
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.
 
mjperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South, MS.
Posts: 414

The 80's Building is the closest the Generation Gap Bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
August - 2006 - POP
December - 2006 - FW
August - 2009 - ASM
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T




mjperry is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #1884
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjperry View Post
The 80's Building is the closest the Generation Gap Bridge.
The two 60's section buildings 4 and 5 are the closest to the Generation Gap bridge.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #1885
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.
 
mjperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South, MS.
Posts: 414

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
August - 2006 - POP
December - 2006 - FW
August - 2009 - ASM
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T




mjperry is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #1886
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.
 
mjperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South, MS.
Posts: 414

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
August - 2006 - POP
December - 2006 - FW
August - 2009 - ASM
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T




mjperry is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #1887
keypooh90
Lovatic
 
keypooh90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Second Star to the Right :)
Posts: 4,670

I check in in 6 days!

I'm booked standard pool. Any specific room requests I should ask for?
__________________
25 trips and counting Disney College Program Jan 2012 to July 2012...
keypooh90 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #1888
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypooh90
I check in in 6 days!

I'm booked standard pool. Any specific room requests I should ask for?
With standard pool, you'll be in either the 50's or 80's/90's, so you could put in a section request if you wanted.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #1889
heathere3
Mouseketeer
 
heathere3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash

With standard pool, you'll be in either the 50's or 80's/90's, so you could put in a section request if you wanted.
If you have no preference, we love the 50's section. 55 days until our 6th stay at Pop!
heathere3 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #1890
augusta1
Mouseketeer
 
augusta1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 316

We will be there at the end of the month. Do they sell anything Easter related in the shop? Any yummy Easter desserts? I did call and they said they will have an easter egg hunt
__________________


Me DH DD DD
2010-ASM, 2011-CBR, 2012- POP, 2013- POP, 2014- Upcoming POP!
augusta1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: