Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Privacy sign or not, PRIOR to check-out time, housekeeping should not assume that a guest has not checked out if they open the door and find personal belongings in the room and items locked in the safe. My real concern was that the housekeeper removed our belongings and was in possession of them for over an hour before we returned to the room without notifying the front desk. The front desk asks for a cell phone number at check-in and could have called us to check on our status.

When we talked to the manager, she was very upset and agreed that the housekeeper had violated protocol.
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I would also recommend that no matter what hotel you are staying in, that you leave the privacy sign on the door until you are ready to take the last of your belongings out of the room. Most hotels these days don't require a trip to the front desk to check out, and the housekeeper has no way of knowing if the one carry on bag in the room is there because you are coming back, or because you forgot it. Why take the chance? Leaving the sign up is a clear indication that you have NOT checked out. Assuming that you had the privacy sign on the door the previous night (I certainly do) it doesn't require any effort on your part to leave it there until you leave the room for the last time.

I agree that keeping a potentially "forgotten" bag with them was a poor choice on the part of the housekeeper though. Anything like that which is legitimately left behind should immediately be reported and collected for lost and found. If you had left the bag behind and called in a panic from the airport, no one would have known that the bag was trailing the housekeeper on their rounds - and that is unacceptable.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: