Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
jtlund
Earning My Ears

Need help with last minute DIS Cruise

I just found out I'm getting nice bonus next week. My son is turning 10 on March 18th and he has Spring Break at the end of March. I want to find and book last minute cruise. Don't care what ship or length/destination although I'd prefer over 4 days. Any advice? I am single Mom so it would just be son and I and I prefer balcony cabin.

These forums were my lifesaver in 2008 when we took family trip to WDW. This time I really want the cruise and want it to be surprise for my son.

Thanks in advance!
jtlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Zippercat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlund View Post
I just found out I'm getting nice bonus next week. My son is turning 10 on March 18th and he has Spring Break at the end of March. I want to find and book last minute cruise. Don't care what ship or length/destination although I'd prefer over 4 days. Any advice? I am single Mom so it would just be son and I and I prefer balcony cabin.

These forums were my lifesaver in 2008 when we took family trip to WDW. This time I really want the cruise and want it to be surprise for my son.

Thanks in advance!
Try vacationstogo.com. We've used them for similar last minute cruise. No high pressure but they do pretty much require you to talk with them to get any real details like cabin numbers and such. They did everything they said they would. Don't expect "white glove" service; but we thought we got our money's worth. After the cruise we were put on their email newsletter list but they'll take you off if requested. They do not, as far as we experienced, do any telephone solicitation after our cruise.

Happy sailing!
Zippercat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Why don't you just go to the Disney Cruise website. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/reservations/booking

If you want a 4 days cruise that is Bahamas or Caribbean. Magic, wonder, or dream, just depending on which port you want to leave from miami, galveston, or port canaveral.

Also the prices on cruises are set, no travel agency or site is going to offer you a better price than Disney. Now if you use a Travel Agent they will sometimes give you an onboard credit as a "thank you" for booking with them.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namsupak View Post
Why don't you just go to the Disney Cruise website. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/reservations/booking

If you want a 4 days cruise that is Bahamas or Caribbean. Magic, wonder, or dream, just depending on which port you want to leave from miami, galveston, or port canaveral.

Also the prices on cruises are set, no travel agency or site is going to offer you a better price than Disney. Now if you use a Travel Agent they will sometimes give you an onboard credit as a "thank you" for booking with them.
Yes, the OBC is nice. I also like the cash card, that Costco gives pot cruise.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

We used small world vacations to go. Loved it. I would recommend it to anyone short notice or for a long time out.

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Go to the DCL website and look at the cruises out of Galveston. They are the most reasonable lately.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquirepd
We used small world vacations to go. Loved it. I would recommend it to anyone short notice or for a long time out.
smallworldvacations.com and vacationstogo.com are two very different agencies.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
Tami0220
Chip & Dale Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981

Yes, the OBC is nice. I also like the cash card, that Costco gives pot cruise.
Wow, a pot cruise. Definitely not Disney, lol

Tami & Mike
Tami0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #9
Lobofan5
Mouseketeer

If you have access to Costco- they seem to have the best ROI factor.

If not, if you have enough cash to pay for everything up front, I'm a big fan of purchasing gift cards to pay for everything because there are a lot of additional rewards you can stack into your cruise..probably enough to pay for tips or a nice excursion. Target red card gets you 5 per cent off. My grocery store gives me gas points etc...

I had gotten a windfall and used it for our first family 7 night cruise and I wish I had known about all the special ways to save even more money before I plunked down a big chunk of change.

I got a lot of info from the "Mousesavers" website and have used a Small World TA to help me out with additional reservations.
Lobofan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
LasseKjus
Mouseketeer

The 8-day Magic has some very nice OGT and VGT rates out of Galveston on March 29.
LasseKjus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: