Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #3121
DISvirgin1
Mouseketeer

Forgot to mention - my In laws booked a LM room through AAA for one night. They live in FL in the winter and were just coming up for one day to see us (well, the grandkids ) They got a call from AAA a few weeks before to say they could upgrade to a suite for x amount - FIL said no way. The next day they got a call saying they had been upgraded to a suite for free. Of course they were in a Cars suite which was across the resort from us so we didn't really see them... But I'll put that out there to see if it works for anyone else.
February 2013 Second Visit - AoA LM Room
February 2011 First Visit - LBV Best Western
Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #3122
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Just booked AoA Cars suite today for Sept! I can't wait! DS will be 4 on our trip and every time he sees me looking at the Cars suite, he whispers "Can we really stay there?" I can't wait to see him when we get there! Now that this decision is done, it's onto dining! 191 days to go!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #3123
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Resorts just don't pay any attention to faxed requests...with a few exceptions. We've been told, at the front desk of most resorts (and yes, I ask) if they accept faxed requests. Nope, the paperwork goes directly into the 'circular file'!!
Those that put in request the proper way, via the phone to whomever they originally booked their stay, will have their request looked at.
So, sure go ahead and send in a fax, but that isn't the acceptable (per Disney) way of putting in a request.
I would have to disagree on that. Last year I faxed POFQ my room request a few days prior to arrival and upon check in they said they had received and granted my request.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #3124
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

I just booked AOA September 12-18th for my DS 4th birthday!!!! Im so excited but I have 4 days to until I make ADR.
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | OCT 15
ME(28)and DS(4)
Sept 14 TRSept14 Video

Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
Old 03-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #3125
amyh1028
Earning My Ears

Pheww I just read through all 209 pages! It took me like a week of trying to catch up
Right now we are booked in at AoA (requested a cars suite) but since I did not have the option of selecting that at the time of booking I understand its just a request. I qualify for a special rate through my company & nothing but the rate is guaranteed in fact I'm surprised that AoA is even listed!!! We are driving down for the 1st time December 1 - 7. We were going to fly but I did not realize that is Thanksgiving weekend, so as of right now rates are absolutely absurd. I'll keep watching to see if they go down. Just wanted to pop in and say HI everybody. It will be DH, Myself, my Mom, DD-11 & DS who will be turning 1 on our trip. We were actually booked to go last year in December and DS made his appearance on the day we were scheduled to fly out. So while we were disappointed to cancel our trip it just makes us even more excited to travel this year!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 AM   #3126
twilightsparkle
Earning My Ears

We are thinking about a family suite at AOA, but I am worried it won't be big enough. We have 6 people. Me, DH, and 4 boys. The boys will be 14, 12, 10 and 5. They are pretty tall kids. Do you think 2 of them will fit in the fold out beds? Will we be cramped in the room? Would we be better off getting 2 standard rooms?
Old 03-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #3127
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightsparkle View Post
We are thinking about a family suite at AOA, but I am worried it won't be big enough. We have 6 people. Me, DH, and 4 boys. The boys will be 14, 12, 10 and 5. They are pretty tall kids. Do you think 2 of them will fit in the fold out beds? Will we be cramped in the room? Would we be better off getting 2 standard rooms?
I think they will fit fine. maybe put the tallest son with the the 5 year old and put the other 2 together. it will be nice to have the table during the day.

don't forget, no matter what anyone says, you are never GUARANTEED to have connecting rooms. either way, you have 2 bathrooms.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 AM   #3128
twilightsparkle
Earning My Ears

Thanks. I would love to be able to stay in the cars room. That is definitely a family favorite. If we decide to go with 2 rooms I wouldn't care if they are connecting. We would try for it but if didn't work, that's ok.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:25 AM   #3129
smidgy
dimples

well, if you don't care about being in non connecting rooms, there are lots of things to consider.

is the "kitchenette" important to you? (like , will you really use the micorwave to save money,e tc... when hubby and I drive, we actually DO use it.. we microwave cans of beef stew, chili, etc)

is a pool slide important to you you do have older kids. AOA has no pool slide. pofq slide is bascially useless to any kids over 5 anyway.

how much time will you spend at the resort? if not a whole lot, I would go with whichever is the cheapest option.

with 4 boys though, gee, the cars suite would be really cool!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:50 AM   #3130
twilightsparkle
Earning My Ears

I know, the cars room would be so cool. I really just want to hang out in a cozy cone by the pool. We have lots to think about. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #3131
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Well, I just jumped ship from POR and switched our reservation over to a Lion King suite for our upcoming May trip!

I originally booked POR because the savings were very significant and I thought it looked very pretty. BUT, I kept having this nagging feeling that we should be at AOA!

My kids (4 of them!) are at prime ages for AOA. We don't get to Disney often, so they will most likely be much older on the next trip and AOA probably won't be as magical to them then. POR will always be there next time.

It makes me laugh when I read reviews of AOA that talk about how it's noisy and filled with a lot of kids. Well, our family is noisy with a lot of kids, so I guess we're the people others are trying to stay away from! We should fit right in at AOA.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #3132
MidwestMulan
Earning My Ears

We are thinking of booking AOA-LM for our trip in August-- here is a question/ concern. How often are "free upgrades" occurring to other room types with the LM rooms. The reason I ask is that my DD-3 would have her heart set on a LM room and would be devastated if they were overbooked and we were moved after telling her. Can you ever turn down an upgade? Are they more the exception than the rule? Just nervous based on what I've read on here recently. Thanks!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #3133
Ivonne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMulan
We are thinking of booking AOA-LM for our trip in August-- here is a question/ concern. How often are "free upgrades" occurring to other room types with the LM rooms. The reason I ask is that my DD-3 would have her heart set on a LM room and would be devastated if they were overbooked and we were moved after telling her. Can you ever turn down an upgade? Are they more the exception than the rule? Just nervous based on what I've read on here recently. Thanks!
Have you checked to see if they were rooms available at LM? I just checked for my dates in August and there were none available. :-(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #3134
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

Does AOA has a outdoor Movies and Extra magic hours? Cars wing is close to the bus stops?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #3135
SugarSpice
Mouseketeer

We are looking to book a family suite at aoa. We have 3 boys and can't really decide which Wing we would like the best. In the online reservations it looks like you can pick a specific theme or they also have a category that just says "family suite" does that mean they will randomly assign us one? Might be a fun little experiment! I really just can't decide! They all look so nice!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: