Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

kids menus in main dining?

I just read menus for main dining rooms on Disney's site. they didn't show any kids menus. do they have them or do the kids really enjoy the regular menu? I can't see my 7yo granddaughter eating most of the choices. If I understand right, we can just do casual dining and give up the main dining, but wouldn't want to do that every night.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
TheWalsh
Earning My Ears

There is a kids menus, Mac and cheese, is a norm. There are burgers and other things, it often comes out faster than other food with the dine and play (or dash as my mom says). But keep in mind there is a plane chicken and other things, it's on the lighter fare. I really enjoyed the regular menus, but then again I was a 7 y/o boy.
TheWalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/ This site has the children's menus listed they are the red menus.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Just to clarify, the Magic and Wonder DO have kids menus as well, they are just not listed on the site posted above.
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

just read them, thanks, think I might be happier with something off them too! we will be on the dream. I'm surprised I didn't see them on Disney's site, maybe I just missed them.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #6
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcrazie4dizney View Post
we can just do casual dining and give up the main dining, but wouldn't want to do that every night.
Please do not skip main dining for casual on a Disney Cruise. Disney does dinner right and dinner is a great experience for kids. What I have always done with my son is have him look at both menus, the kids menu and the adults menu. From the age of 8 to his current age of 16 he orders off of both menus. When he was little he ordered most things off the kids menu and picked things he thought he might like off the adult menu. In the last two years he orders the Mac and Cheese from the kids menu as an appetizer then orders the bulk of his meal from the adults menu. Then he usually excuses his-self and goes to the kids area and lets me enjoy desert. From our experience this is typical behavior for many of the kids.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

that sounds like a good idea. I really didn't want to skip any main dining, it all looks so nice and I want to check it all out atleast once. from what I was reading, i was afraid she wouldn't get to eat. we have the late seating, so as i read it, casual dining would be closed when we were done. so, if she didn't eat, we couldn't even grab her a quick bite. have to say, all this planning is so overwhelming! but it is all so worth it i am sure. cant wait to go.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
bahacca
Mouseketeer

Be sure she looks at the adult menu as well. My girls are 6 and 7 and really looking forward to trying some new foods that we wouldn't ever order for them if we had to pay for them in a restaurant on land!
bahacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
that sounds like a good idea. I really didn't want to skip any main dining, it all looks so nice and I want to check it all out atleast once. from what I was reading, i was afraid she wouldn't get to eat. we have the late seating, so as i read it, casual dining would be closed when we were done. so, if she didn't eat, we couldn't even grab her a quick bite. have to say, all this planning is so overwhelming! but it is all so worth it i am sure. cant wait to go.
If she doesn't eat, there will still be pizza up on the pool deck. It's really good pizza, too. DH and I look forward to it every night as our snack. :D

Last edited by Meghatron; 03-10-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not only will there be pizza which is delicious open late like pp said but there is also room service 24hrs a day withe exception of the last night/morning.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We are vegetarian with some ingredient issues, and DS found food to make him happy every night. He tried mushroom "pursiettes" which are basically tortellini, he ate mac&cheese, he had veggies, he had a breaded and fried zucchini type veggie, he ate fruit salad...he had ALL sorts of things at the dinners. He even tried the Indian food that my server managed to get made for me (the normal veggie options were fine, but we figured out that Indian food would make me incredibly happy). Last night he had fries, mac&cheese, broccoli, and....creme brulee.

You will be fine.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: