DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #31
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie2131 View Post
We are in the middle of ROFR but if we pass we will have 150 points that expire on Feb 28 2014. We will have a 7 month old as of Feb. Has anyone here ever brought a small baby on vacation? The vacation would be obviously for us but we were wondering how your vacation went and was it worth it. Love to here your stories. Thanks
We are DVC members with twins, now 3.5. They went for the first time at 3m and have been at six months, a year, year and half, etc, etc. Things were really easy until they got mobile, so you should have a good run of it.

We always packed a change of clothes, food, drink, etc for them. They easily ate on the run. Baby swap worked really well--slowed us down a bit, but that's fine. They napped in the stroller mostly. We maintained their bedtime routine. No late nights for us.

The first few nights of any trip have always been hard, while the twins settle into their new surroundings. We expect it now.

Carried lots of finger food for use at restaurants, although by 7m they were picking a small bits of our food.

Air travel was easy. They slept.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #32
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie2131
We are in the middle of ROFR but if we pass we will have 150 points that expire on Feb 28 2014. We will have a 7 month old as of Feb. Has anyone here ever brought a small baby on vacation? The vacation would be obviously for us but we were wondering how your vacation went and was it worth it. Love to here your stories. Thanks
I took my 3-month old (along with 4 and 7-yr old sibs) to Disneyland. We did this sort of out of necessity, as we had to travel from Ohio to California for a special family event and won't be out there too often. I have to say, honestly, it was a pleasure. A baby is so portable, and they can map absolutely anywhere. We had the best time. Yes, baby slept quite a bit, but she also had times where she was wide-eyed looking at the colors and actions around her. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #33
JJSWDW
Mouseketeer

We took our baby at Thanksgiving when he was 6 1/2 months old. We used a baby's best friend to rent a full-size crib the crib worked out great. This is a great age to take them because you don't have to worry about potty breaks Plus they don't walk yet so they just get pushed around in the stroller. That way you don't have to worry about them wandering off. The parks have great baby centers too. Be sure to take advantage of those for diaper changes instead of the normal restrooms. Only downside is the baby tends to get up early and get you up early. So there were very few late nights on that trip. But it was still a great trip and we would do it again.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #34
tink'smom2B
Chasing Tinkerbell Full Time

I had much more fun bringing my babies to WDW than bringing my teenagers

tink'smom2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: