Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #16
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

The stay certificate works great. Just make sure you book the room right before you buy the certificate. I think they only allow so many rooms each night to use that rate. So you have to tell them you're planning to buy a stay certificate and ask if they have any rooms available. If you're able to book with one, then order it right away. It didn't take very long to come in the mail.
scrapbookjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #17
annabug
Mouseketeer

Thank you for a great report, I enjoyed reading it. My DD will be 7 when we sail, and I have a feeling she may like the kids club,but not LOVE it, so I am glad to hear you explored the ship as a family too.
annabug

(me) (DH) (DD) (DS)
annabug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #18
alongtimeblooming
i am a weapon of massive consumption.

Hi! I'm really digging your Trip Report!

Quick question- since you were first time DCLers, did you have a hard time booking concierge? My mother and I will be first time cruisers next year, and she is willing to treat us to concierge- if I can get us a room. I've read in other threads that sometimes there are waitlists for concierge level rooms- did you experience it?
alongtimeblooming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Good job on the trip report! I will be staying in Concierge my next cruise - although it'll be the Fantasy not the Dream. I am really hoping to be able to rent a cabana.

To Alongtimeblooming: It's not hard to book Concierge. Harder to get one of the Royal Suites maybe, but the Cat V's and Cat T's aren't. UNLESS you are trying to book on an already full cruise. I suppose it could be hard to do on a summer Dream cruise as so many of those are booked up.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #20
alongtimeblooming
i am a weapon of massive consumption.

TPG-

Thanks for the advice! We are hoping to cruise in January 2012 and do a Land and Sea Package.
February 2013: First time coming home to Bay Lake Tower.
September 2013: Animal Kingdom: Jambo House DVC

Last edited by alongtimeblooming; 04-10-2011 at 10:37 PM.
alongtimeblooming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #21
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

We booked pretty early, but not right away. I think there were 4 cat V rooms available. I was very happy with 11012!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #22
Tequilamamacita
Mouseketeer

thank you so much for your review!
Tequilamamacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #23
wbwatcher
Earning My Ears

We are going on the Disney Dream cruise in April 2013 with our 8yo triplets. We have the second seating for dinner (1st wasn't available) and I was wondering how you felt that time worked for your daughter? Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks!!
wbwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #24
scrapbookjulie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbwatcher View Post
We are going on the Disney Dream cruise in April 2013 with our 8yo triplets. We have the second seating for dinner (1st wasn't available) and I was wondering how you felt that time worked for your daughter? Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks!!
The second seating was perfect for our family. We are doing it again on our spring break cruise this year. After starting the day with a big breakfast, we liked being able to eat a late lunch, then just grab a snack for the show, then eat a late dinner. First seating would have been too early for us. Our dd likes to stay up late, so that time wasn't an issue for her.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #25
wbwatcher
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookjulie

The second seating was perfect for our family. We are doing it again on our spring break cruise this year. After starting the day with a big breakfast, we liked being able to eat a late lunch, then just grab a snack for the show, then eat a late dinner. First seating would have been too early for us. Our dd likes to stay up late, so that time wasn't an issue for her.
Thank you so much for the info!!!
wbwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: