Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

A total newbie- Not even sure if cruising is right for us! Help us decide

We took our first Disney trip last year and loved it. We were planning on going back to Disney and doing the parks again this September but then a friend mentioned cruising to us and it really does look like fun. But I am not sure if it is right for us... I have read through quite a few threads but I need all the newbie info compiled in one place

Here is a bit about my family and a few questions.... going on the cruise would be myself, DH and our two sons 5 and 2. We are all about family time we were not planning on going on the trip to get alone adult time so dropping the kids off at a club is just not for us. Our boys love meeting characters, and shows!! We love the go, go, go of the parks and exploring all new things. We love character dining in the parks.
Do you think there is enough for us to do as a family on board? How about in port? Are characters plentiful on the cruise? We were thinking of doing one day at MK staying at pop the day before cruising does Disney have shuttle service from Pop to port? What about from port to airport on return day? What time of day do you actually get off the ship if it lists 7:35am?
Is dining kid friendly? What is the deposit info/pay off schedule?

Sorry for all the airheaded questions but these are things I did not find answers to after a few pages... LOL
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: