Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #136
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady9 View Post
I would really like to see a curfew of 1am for anyone under 18. That way when I tell my DS to be in at 1:00am I can blame it on a Disney rule and not look like the big mean mama. I am an early riser and DS is a light sleeper so he doesn't get all the rest he needs on a cruise and by day 3 or 4, he gets a little cranky! Yes, we do make our own curfew for him because we are the parents but struggle with a balance of enough sleep with his enjoyment. A curfew for teens by Disney would be great.
I hear you. My daughter didn't make it back until 3:00a some nights. It took her 2 or 3 days to catch up on sleep when we got back.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #137
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
I would really like to see a curfew of 1am for anyone under 18. That way when I tell my DS to be in at 1:00am I can blame it on a Disney rule and not look like the big mean mama. I am an early riser and DS is a light sleeper so he doesn't get all the rest he needs on a cruise and by day 3 or 4, he gets a little cranky! Yes, we do make our own curfew for him because we are the parents but struggle with a balance of enough sleep with his enjoyment. A curfew for teens by Disney would be great.

I was never afraid to seem like the big bad mom. We told our kids what time to be back in the room and if they weren't, we went looking, and then they didn't go out after dinner the next night.

I think Disney figures (as I do) that it's the parents' responsibility to keep track of their kids at some point or another.

But we also never gave our kids their own stateroom, even a connecting one. When shared a suite, so that we knew what time they came and went, and so it wasn't just the kid's sleep that was going to get messed with, but mine and my husbands.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #138
linkandclover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm sorry I like the no curfew as it is the only time my kids can stay out so late, feel independent and I know they are safe. We give ours a curfew except for the last night. The rule is if you come in late you have to be in that much earlier the next night. We enforce it once and they never do it again. They share our room so I know when they get in. They learn how to gain our trust and they show responsibility.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #139
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Here is my list of rules that need to be changed:
1) lounge chair saving should be allowed- If I am going to wake up at 4 am to put each of the shoes I bring on a chair to save them for the day, then others can wake at the same time or earlier to beat me.
2) Same goes for the hammocks on CC. Our family trains for at least 6 months to be able to sprint from the ship to claim all the hammocks before anyone else can get to them.
3) You should be able to leave your laundry in the dryer as long as yoy want to, after all you did pay for it.
4) There should not be any guidelines restricting shorts in the MDR's. I payed alot of money to cruise so I should be able to dress in my comfort zone.
5) They need to get rid of the no seat saving in the theaters. If my kids are willing to give up their dinner in order to get good seats for the nightly entertainment, then their efforts should not be waisted due to a silly rule.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #140
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

6) Ashtrays and irons in EVERY ROOM!!!!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #141
nikicares
Creating Memories of a Lifetime!

I am disappointed in how people have no level of human respect for each other

The RULES I would like to see changes/enforced are:

1. No kids in the adult areas (but Disney has to allow some leway on this as those 'kids' rooms that only have access through the adult area (faulty design on Disney's part - as long as the are only walking through quietly to the other side)

2. No smoking in rooms or veranda - I too have sever asthma and could not enjoy the concierge veranda I paid GOOD money for, because the smokers next to us other on their veranda all the time! I was not able to even enjoy coffee in the mornings without needing my inhaler! Maybe Disney can allow smokers on one side of the ship while the other side is for non smokers?! This way if the smoking doesnt bother you then you can book anywhere, but those that dont want to or cant be around smoke can enjoy their verandah's as well.

3. I would like to see the "no saving loungers or seats in theaters" ENFORCED. Your on a family vacation, show up as a family and find a seat, if you want a "good" seat, go early...

4. Dress code in dining rooms reduced to short/t-shirts for most nights, but dress codes ENFORCED on formal and semi formal nights!

2000- Grand Floridian
2001- Polynesian
2002- Grand Floridian
2004 - Disney Wonder
2005 - Disney Wonder
2008 - Disney Magic
1/2011 - Disney Dream Maiden Voyage
9/2011 - Disney Dream
4/2012 - Disney Fantasy
8/2012 - Grand Floridian
9/2012 - Disney Dream
9/2013 - Disney Dream
Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #142
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofytwindad View Post
here is my list of rules that need to be changed:
1) lounge chair saving should be allowed- if i am going to wake up at 4 am to put each of the shoes i bring on a chair to save them for the day, then others can wake at the same time or earlier to beat me.
2) same goes for the hammocks on cc. Our family trains for at least 6 months to be able to sprint from the ship to claim all the hammocks before anyone else can get to them.
3) you should be able to leave your laundry in the dryer as long as yoy want to, after all you did pay for it.
4) there should not be any guidelines restricting shorts in the mdr's. I payed alot of money to cruise so i should be able to dress in my comfort zone.
5) they need to get rid of the no seat saving in the theaters. If my kids are willing to give up their dinner in order to get good seats for the nightly entertainment, then their efforts should not be waisted due to a silly rule.
+1
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #143
anna08
DIS Veteran

Add me to the no smoking shipwide vote.

I would like to see them enforce the pool rules that are there -
especially no diapers in the pools. I would like lifeguards stationed by the children's pools so that I don't have to stress over the safety of some kids when ones that are misbehaving and blatantly blow off the rules. The current situation flies in the face of all that Disney stands for in terms of a safe place for kids.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #144
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna08 View Post
Add me to the no smoking shipwide vote.

I would like to see them enforce the pool rules that are there -
especially no diapers in the pools. I would like lifeguards stationed by the children's pools so that I don't have to stress over the safety of some kids when ones that are misbehaving and blatantly blow off the rules. The current situation flies in the face of all that Disney stands for in terms of a safe place for kids.

As a former lifeguard, and swim coach and swim teacher....a lifeguard is NEVER a substitute for parental attentiveness.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #145
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyTwinDad View Post
Here is my list of rules that need to be changed:
1) lounge chair saving should be allowed- If I am going to wake up at 4 am to put each of the shoes I bring on a chair to save them for the day, then others can wake at the same time or earlier to beat me.
2) Same goes for the hammocks on CC. Our family trains for at least 6 months to be able to sprint from the ship to claim all the hammocks before anyone else can get to them.
3) You should be able to leave your laundry in the dryer as long as yoy want to, after all you did pay for it.
4) There should not be any guidelines restricting shorts in the MDR's. I payed alot of money to cruise so I should be able to dress in my comfort zone.
5) They need to get rid of the no seat saving in the theaters. If my kids are willing to give up their dinner in order to get good seats for the nightly entertainment, then their efforts should not be waisted due to a silly rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
6) Ashtrays and irons in EVERY ROOM!!!!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: