Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
newfiegirl
Hello Mickey!

walking from room to bus...questions

I stayed at the rubix cube bldg at pop and thought the walk to the bus was horrid (late august). Just wondering if the walk from movie or music is as long (if we happen to get a room far away)...also, if we pay for a preferred room at AoA, how far will the walk be? This is a big deterrent for me, as we make several trips back and forth each day.
newfiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
JeannieKY
Tink fan

The walk from the farthest rooms at the All Stars to the bus is probably within a couple of minutes of your walk at the Pop, but I've had good luck with building requests and never been put in the farthest buildings. There are no preferred AoA standard rooms, just suites. The LM standard rooms look to be the same walk as the 80s at the Pop to the bus.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Movies is fairly compact, especially if compared to Pop. Music can have longer walks than pop but i still think it is less spread out than pop as well. If you want a standard room I would request movies. Some of the mighty ducks buildings are really close to music's bus stop.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiegirl View Post
I stayed at the rubix cube bldg at pop and thought the walk to the bus was horrid (late august). Just wondering if the walk from movie or music is as long (if we happen to get a room far away)...also, if we pay for a preferred room at AoA, how far will the walk be? This is a big deterrent for me, as we make several trips back and forth each day.
at Pop - did you take the short cut thru the parking lot?

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
ls3015
Mouseketeer

Walk at all the resorts is short, no matter where your rooms are at, compared to the walking you will do in the parks themselves. At animal kingdom you will walk a mile and a half just to get into the main section of the park, from the bus stops. That is unless you can get someone to push you in a wheel chair.
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

When staying at ASM I think it is definitely worth it to pay for a preferred room.

I don't mind walking miles around the park each day, but I do detest walking 5 to 10 minutes to the food court to grab a coffee and then 5 to 10 minutes back to my room.

Of course that is when you realize you left the cupcake you bought at the mug washing station!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99
When staying at ASM I think it is definitely worth it to pay for a preferred room.

I don't mind walking miles around the park each day, but I do detest walking 5 to 10 minutes to the food court to grab a coffee and then 5 to 10 minutes back to my room.

Of course that is when you realize you left the cupcake you bought at the mug washing station!
I would agree with this, I just got back from ASMusic yesterday and the walk from Melody Hall to the back buildings seemed so long, and I'm one of those people that thinks nothing of running from one end of a park to the other and back just to grab a FP. Something about getting home exhausted, and having to go to your room, get your refillable mug, walk to fill it, back to the room etc, just felt rough. Several times we just went to the vending machines instead of trekking back over, and we went to the pool and didn't have enough towels and I was so mad having to walk all the way back in the hot sun for more. I got upgraded to a preferred room mid-trip and the difference felt huge.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: