Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #976
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel
This is going to be our first time staying CL at the Poly in September. I have not been contacted by IPO yet. Should I email them or wait a little longer. We are getting close to our 180 mark (19 days to go) and since there is so much trouble with the site I thought I better have them make my dinning reservations for me. What should I do?

Also I was going to make the reservation for 4 people (not sure if my mom will be making the trip or not) even though we only booked for 3 people in the room. Will this be a problem?
The IPOD at Poly are great. I contacted them by email once I was booked, and they got back to me with 24 hrs. They will send you an itinerary planning sheet which you can fill out and they do the rest. Day of 180 days out, I or an email by 9:00am with all the adr's booked and outlined on an itinerary sheet. Even though they were having problems with Be our Guest bookings at first (restaurant hadn't put out list yet, they were able to do that the moment it was available. You will also have to call or provide them with a credit card for some of the ADRs as well.
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)
Old 03-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #977
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I think i will let IPO do them for me. I tried playing around today with the ADR page and it was taking a long time. I tried to do a fake Cape May for dinner and the page would not come up for me. I LOVE doing them myself, but I just dont want to chance it. We have alot of "MUST" haves at current times so I cant afford any site problems.

Thank you all again

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #978
mtnmomma3
Earning My Ears

Just to add on the ADR topic, I was having trouble linking my existing reservation for the GF on the new website. My 180 is next week and I was trying to make sure everything was in order- needless to say the site would not recognize my confirmation number. I called the tech support number and she said they were having website issues (shocker right?) AND that even if they linked my reservation for me that the system was only allowing reservations for 180 NOT 180 plus 10, I would have to call to do that. But she said the IPO should be able to take care of it with no problems. Being a super planner I was having hard time giving up control of the reservations but this seems like an excellent reason to do so I emailed the IPOD at the GF today and have already back.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #979
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

we booked Atrium at Contemporary for late october. put down deposit, but haven't paid balance. at what point should i expect a call or email from an IPO, or is it up to me to reach out to them? if it's up to me, how do i even contact them? thank you.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #980
ixmnrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post
we booked Atrium at Contemporary for late october. put down deposit, but haven't paid balance. at what point should i expect a call or email from an IPO, or is it up to me to reach out to them? if it's up to me, how do i even contact them? thank you.
It wouldn't hurt you to email them directly. I believe all the contact emails are at the beginning of this thread. Note you will always get an autoreply stating that they will contact you within 24 hours. They will probably send you an attached .pdf file with a welcome letter and an information sheet for you to fill out and email back to them. They are very good at making ADRs for you if you can give them an idea of what you want and when before the 180 day point. You may need to contact them with a credit card to guarantee certain ADRs if necessary.
Here is the contact info from pg 1 of the thread.

Disney's Contemporary Resort (CR)
The Atrium Club
contemporary.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.com
(407) 824-1775 - fax (407) 824-3461

Any other information can be found within this thread, or in the Contemporary thread where they can answer pretty much any questions you may have about the CL level at Contemporary.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049229
August 2007: DCL Land (POLY)/Sea(DWonder)
August 2008: Off Site Nickelodeon Hotel
March Break 2009: Contemporary Tower
March Break 2010: YC CL
August 2013 : Polynesian CL
Aug 2014: Finally decided on CR AC TPV

ME(Still Young at Heart) DW (Likewise); DS(16); DD(13); DHavanese: (1)

Last edited by ixmnrs; 03-07-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Updated to include more info.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #981
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post
We originally booked a standard room, made all our ADR's, and THEN decided to upgrade to CL. So I don't know if it was because of that, IPO did not contact us, or if that is something that normally happens. I just used the email provided on the first page of this thread and contacted IPO ourselves.

I put our reservation # in the title of the email, let them know room requests, that we wanted a switch in time for one of our ADR's and celebrations we have this trip, and concerns regarding water in the lounge. They responded promptly, addressed every single item, and even included the itinerary for our trip. So if I were you, I would just go ahead and contact them yourself rather than wait.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #982
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

I received an email from Contemporary IPO with the profile Word document attached. When typing into the form from Word, is the font supposed to be that weird dark grey background with light blue lettering or is my Word off somehow? Thank you.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #983
jennab
Mouseketeer

Are all the club level lounges open 24 hours to grab drinks from the fridge, or just some? I remember reading the Poly lounge was, but wasn't sure about others. Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #984
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab View Post
Are all the club level lounges open 24 hours to grab drinks from the fridge, or just some? I remember reading the Poly lounge was, but wasn't sure about others. Thanks
From what I remember, the Poly, GF, and AKL lounges are open (and the YC/BC lounges are closed). However, in our 2 Poly CL stays, the fridge with the sodas was pretty much emptied out not long after the lounge was closed (from people taking the drinks -- it was stocked when the lounge CMs left for the night).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #985
jennab
Mouseketeer

Ok thanks. Thinking about doing CL next year. Probably either Poly or YC. DH tends to wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes likes to wander around and grab a soda.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #986
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Are there any differences between BC CL and YC CL? Do they have the same offerings? Differences in rooms? Any one prefer one over the other?

TIA!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #987
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
From what I remember, the Poly, GF, and AKL lounges are open (and the YC/BC lounges are closed). However, in our 2 Poly CL stays, the fridge with the sodas was pretty much emptied out not long after the lounge was closed (from people taking the drinks -- it was stocked when the lounge CMs left for the night).
When we stayed at the GF in Sugar Loaf last month, they took away all coffee and tea service promptly at 10:00pm. There were sodas in the small fridge, but I never checked to see if it was locked. I don't know what they do in RPC in the main building, but we were not impressed with Sugar Loaf CL.

Every time we've stayed CL at the YC there were sodas available (after 10:00pm) as well as coffee and tea. They also left some snacks (gummis, yogurt covered pretzels) on the counter iin the food service area. They do close up the lounge for a few minutes at 10:00, to clean up.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #988
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
When we stayed at the GF in Sugar Loaf last month, they took away all coffee and tea service promptly at 10:00pm. There were sodas in the small fridge, but I never checked to see if it was locked. I don't know what they do in RPC in the main building, but we were not impressed with Sugar Loaf CL.

Every time we've stayed CL at the YC there were sodas available (after 10:00pm) as well as coffee and tea. They also left some snacks (gummis, yogurt covered pretzels) on the counter iin the food service area. They do close up the lounge for a few minutes at 10:00, to clean up.
I should have specified RPC, though I know that the SL lounge is open since they can't really close it. Our stays at the YC and BC had the lounge closed and locked up when we came back to our room at night. (maybe we were just there at the wrong time, or maybe it was very late, but we couldn't grab a drink). The most I've ever seen at any resort after 10pm is cans of sodas in the little fridge, but again, snacks and drinks can disappear 5 mins after they are put out and then we don't think anything was left out. I'm glad to hear that on your trips the YC and BC lounges were open all night -- I think the lounge should be available all the time.

To the OP -- I guess I wouldn't count on anything being left out one the "dessert" snack is put away for the night (and in my experience, it's put away promptly).

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *

Last edited by mmmears; 03-10-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #989
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

We are currently booked with a package for the Poly CL in October. If discounts come out that either prompt us to change to a room only reservation or possibly switch resorts, is it a big deal if the Poly IPO has already set up our ADRs? I assume we would just let the appropriate IPO know the new reservation #? We would still stay CL if we switch resorts.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #990
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
We are currently booked with a package for the Poly CL in October. If discounts come out that either prompt us to change to a room only reservation or possibly switch resorts, is it a big deal if the Poly IPO has already set up our ADRs? I assume we would just let the appropriate IPO know the new reservation #? We would still stay CL if we switch resorts.
Your ADRs will in no way be tied to your resort reservation. As long as you have the confirmation numbers, or at least the last name and phone number associated with the ADR, you'll be fine.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: