Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #1096
ZOOMAMA
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford

Diva cup! Awful name, great product. I highly recommend it to any woman. I remember reading about it on this thread or a similar one ages ago and thinking, "yeah...not so much for me." However, it always sort of lurked in the back of my mind. After years of tampon-only use I found myself using pads again (the horror! LOL!) and gave the Diva cup a try. It took about one cycle to get the hang of it but I can't imagine why I waited so long to try it. I actually ordered a second one as a travel back-up after using it for 2 days. I have used it for 4 cycles now and I often forget that I am having my period. So- order the size using the company guideline, read the directions (twice), and try it for a few months prior to your trip just to master your routine. And my best advice to travelers of all ages and gender, if your don't wear quick dry, moisture wicking undergarments underneath your fancy shmancy technical shirts and shorts, you will still waddle around like you have a dirty diaper after riding Kali River Rapids.

Tess
ZOOMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #1097
sillylily
DIS Veteran

Delete

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #1098
ambiancetc
Mouseketeer

Wow, took me DAYS but I finished the whole thread! Ordered my Diva Cup and thanks to Pinterest made myself some LUSH style scrubs, lotions and going to dry a shampoo here soon too. I wear Origins make up and it stays put, lasts forever and is weightless in the hot Florida sun! I do like L'Oreal double extend mascara and while on vacation I add some fake eye lashes to better define my eyes in pictures.

One thing I'm surprised no one has suggested is to pack a hot water bottle! They pack flat and are AMAZING to place on the small of your back, neck or your feet filled with either hot or cold water at night. The weight combined with the heat/cold is pure therapy! Seriously, they are like $8 on Amazon and worth packing.

I wear dresses during any sweltering hot event (both maxi & sundress) and find them so much cooler than shorts. I wore long maxi dresses to MK & Epcot last year and didn't have a problem with any of the rides. For shorter skirts I wear boycut panties or boycut bathing suit bottoms (the bathing suit bottoms work a little better to cut down on the sweating)

Love this thread!
Disney Make-A-Wish Trip for DS!
5/7 - 5/13/2012 -GKTW
Celebration of Life - Let's do it again!
4/19 - 5/3/2013 - WBC
Squeezing the piggy bank again!
9/6-9/13/13 - WBC & 12/3-6/13 - POP- Shhh surprise Mommy Daughter trip for A's Bday!
If I budget really carefully!
FEB 2014
ambiancetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #1099
Mama Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomme View Post

Can you please post a link or picture of the roll on stuff? Is it a liquid band aid, like newskin? I don't think I have ever seen this in a roll-on version. I'm curious and hope it can help with my getting blisters.
I'm so sorry-I just saw this!

It's called Friction Block.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #1100
DisMomme
Waiting to go to my WDW home again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Mouse View Post
I'm so sorry-I just saw this!

It's called Friction Block.
Thank you so much!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #1101
Disneymoon2013
Dec 2013: 1st time to WDW, getting married, & Disneymooning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan907 View Post
I have really sensitive skin, does anyone have any good tips for hair removal for sensitive skin? When I shave my legs I get red irritation bumps no matter what I do. I have gotten a bikini wax before and my skin didn't react badly, but it is really expensive to wax your legs. When we go on our cruise in Jan. I don't want to have to shave my legs everyday because they WILL be completely covered in irritation bumps after the second day if I do this. Any advice?!

Also has anyone with sensitive skin tried the Veet sensitive skin hair removal cream?

Thanks!
Switch to an old-fashioned double-edged razor. Seriously. I use a Gillette SuperSpeed (from the 1950s) with Feather blades. (You'll want to start with a blade sampler pack from Amazon to see which works best for you. Other popular blades are Derby and Astra.) I use Taylor of Old Bond Street avacado shaving cream.

You can learn all about DE razors here: http://www.reddit.com/r/wicked_edge

I have sensitive skin and always ended up with ingrowns or irritated skin before. Ever since I switched, I end up with baby's-butt-smooth legs. It will take 2-3 times practicing before you get the hang of using an old-fashioned razor, though. You need to use a particular angle and let the weight of the razor do the work for you.
Disneymoon2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #1102
Disneymoon2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
Lots of people have commented about dresses being a bad idea while in the parks. TOTALLY DISAGREE. All I wear, all day, every day at Disney are cute little sundresses. They are light, breathable, and completely comfortable in the hot weather. The right fabric is key. Most of my dresses are Prana brand. They are perfect for hot humid weather. They don't wrinkle, you look cute and put together while keeping cool at the same time. I never have an issue getting on and off of rides. Of course one must be mindful and not flash the world, but being ladylike isn't something I tend to forget whether I'm wearing shorts or a dress! My mama drilled it into me "KNEES TOGETHER!"
Would it be too cold in early December to wear dresses?
For those of you who prefer to wear dresses in the parks, what shoes do you wear with them? Sneakers would look so odd...
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #1103
amytech
Mouseketeer

When I wear dresses and skirts into the parks (often!) I either wear sandals or sketchers Mary Jane type shoes. Comfy and the don't look as funny as tennis shoes would
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
amytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #1104
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon2013 View Post
For those of you who prefer to wear dresses in the parks, what shoes do you wear with them? Sneakers would look so odd...

I have found both B.O.C. (by Born) an Dr. Scholl's to be super comfy and cute with dresses or capris. Seriously, Dr. Scholl's Joliet style are cute and comfortable. (I have had back pain for years, and these are the only "cute" shoes I have found that not only don't cause pain, but reduce it.)
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #1105
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon2013 View Post
Teva Mush or Merrill flip flops even in Dec. because sometimes it's in the upper 70s through the 80s. At that time of year, I pack yoga pants or jeans and a couple of sweaters because it can be very warm one day and freezing the next.
I'm planning to wear nothing but maxi dresses for our April trip. They're so much cooler than jeans/capris, or even shorts.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #1106
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousema View Post
I always use Dr Scholl's Peppermint leg cream. I go back to the room for a midday break, wash and apply and do the same at night. It feels sooooooooooo good. It's like a massage for your legs. I've never had tired legs since I started using.
Is that something that can be purchased at Walmart? I've never heard of it before but it sounds wonderful.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #1107
Disneymoon2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment814 View Post
I have found both B.O.C. (by Born) an Dr. Scholl's to be super comfy and cute with dresses or capris. Seriously, Dr. Scholl's Joliet style are cute and comfortable. (I have had back pain for years, and these are the only "cute" shoes I have found that not only don't cause pain, but reduce it.)
I'm going to head to some of our sportswear stores one of these days in a summer dress so I can see how they look together. Where would I find Dr. Scholl's shoes? I like the look of Joliet, but I can't buy shoes online. I never know how they will fit me.

BTW, I don't know if anyone's brought up park bags in this thread, but I know baggallini is popular. I was at our local TJ Maxx today and they had a bunch from them, so if anyone's looking for one and has a TJ Maxx, it might be worth a peek.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #1108
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Is that something that can be purchased at Walmart? I've never heard of it before but it sounds wonderful.
I got a tube of the Dr Scholl's peppermint foot/leg cream in the travel section of Target. It's really great at night, too. I used it on my feet and all the way up my tired calves.

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
jennykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #1109
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon2013

I'm going to head to some of our sportswear stores one of these days in a summer dress so I can see how they look together. Where would I find Dr. Scholl's shoes? I like the look of Joliet, but I can't buy shoes online. I never know how they will fit me.

BTW, I don't know if anyone's brought up park bags in this thread, but I know baggallini is popular. I was at our local TJ Maxx today and they had a bunch from them, so if anyone's looking for one and has a TJ Maxx, it might be worth a peek.
I found my first pair at DSW. Zappos may have them and I think they still have free returns, so it may be worth trying online.
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #1110
hburke01
Earning My Ears

BC Horror story

Haven't finished this whole thread but noticed there is a lot of talk about skipping your period while on vacation by using the next months pills and skipping the placebo. I have done this many times for different things: prom, birthday parties, anything I reaaally didn't want AF to inconvenience me. Anyways, my grandparents take me to florida every year (I'm 20) and the last 2 years I have been scheduled to have my monthly visitor during my disney trip. Both years I have attempted to skip my period as I have done successfully many times (I have been on BC since I was 15). What ended up happening is that AF decided to arrive in the middle of a day at the parks BOTH years. I had to purchase tampons from the machines (boy are those tampons uncomfortable) and eventually decided to go to First Aid. (Side bar: if you ever need tampons first aid has them for free). Embarrassingly after getting back to the resort that night I had to ask my GRANDFATHER of all people to drive me to a pharmacy of some sort so I could get tampons.

This is a long post, but moral of the story: you are never safe from mother nature!!! she will strike when you least suspect it even if you believe you have successfully skipped her.
hburke01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: