Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Almond Milk

Hi guys ... My little one is 20 months. He is lactose intolerant and has been drinking almond milk since 4 months old. He is not a fan of soy ...

I just called DCL who informed me they do not carry almond milk "officially" but that sometimes I can find it on board.

We will be doing a 7 night Alaskan cruise aboard the Wonder. Does anyone happen to have info on this? Have you seen almond milk on the Wonder?

As of now I am trying to figure out if it would be best for me to buy some in Vancouver ... if I did this ... would I be allowed to bring it into the Ship? or ... if I should buy some Aseptic Almond Milk at Amazon and have it delivered to the ship. I'm not sure if they would allow this either ...
ktalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktalina View Post
Hi guys ... My little one is 20 months. He is lactose intolerant and has been drinking almond milk since 4 months old. He is not a fan of soy ...

I just called DCL who informed me they do not carry almond milk "officially" but that sometimes I can find it on board.

We will be doing a 7 night Alaskan cruise aboard the Wonder. Does anyone happen to have info on this? Have you seen almond milk on the Wonder?

As of now I am trying to figure out if it would be best for me to buy some in Vancouver ... if I did this ... would I be allowed to bring it into the Ship? or ... if I should buy some Aseptic Almond Milk at Amazon and have it delivered to the ship. I'm not sure if they would allow this either ...
No experience with almond milk, but I have a couple of pointers for you.

You can bring onboard whatever beverages you wish(and however many you want). It must be in your carryon bags, not checked ones.

AFAIK, DCL does not accept commercial deliveries for guests in foreign ports.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
No experience with almond milk, but I have a couple of pointers for you.

You can bring onboard whatever beverages you wish(and however many you want). It must be in your carryon bags, not checked ones.

AFAIK, DCL does not accept commercial deliveries for guests in foreign ports.
Thank you soo much for your reply! I guess we will be able to buy some Almond Milk in Canada and bring it with us

I really appreciate your help!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Brynnie
Mouseketeer

I have a milk and a soy allergy. I brought my own almond milk on the Wonder this past January. Just out of curiosity I asked about almond milk in the Cove cafe, buffet, and dining rooms and no one had it fyi. I had no problem bringing it on board and the Cove cafe was happy to steam my almond milk for my coffee drinks. Have fun!

offsite 08/96 * All Star Sports 03/98, 04/00 * All Star Movies 05/01, 02/05 * Caribbean Beach 05/02 * Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa 01/03 * Royal Pacific Resort 05/03 * Hilton Downtown Disney 07/03 * Offsite 10/03 * DL- Crowne Plaza Garden Grove 12/03 * Coronado Springs 5/04 * Dolphin~WL 7/04 * AKL~Polynesian 07/05 * AKL~POR 01/06 * Swan 2/08 * Caribbean Beach 10/08 * DL- Embassy Suites South 01/09 * PBH 3/11* Swan 02/12* SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas May/12!!!!! * SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas Sept/12 * DCL Wonder 5 nt Western Caribbean out of Miami! 1/13
Brynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
I have a milk and a soy allergy. I brought my own almond milk on the Wonder this past January. Just out of curiosity I asked about almond milk in the Cove cafe, buffet, and dining rooms and no one had it fyi. I had no problem bringing it on board and the Cove cafe was happy to steam my almond milk for my coffee drinks. Have fun!
Angie,

Thanks so much for letting me know! We will be stocking up in Vancouver I'm just a bit nervous because little N drinks tons of it! LOL - We will see how many I can bring in and if they will store it for me

Thanks again,

Ktalina
Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
Brynnie
Mouseketeer

Disney is awesome when it comes to catering to food allergies. Don't worry about it, they will help.

offsite 08/96 * All Star Sports 03/98, 04/00 * All Star Movies 05/01, 02/05 * Caribbean Beach 05/02 * Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa 01/03 * Royal Pacific Resort 05/03 * Hilton Downtown Disney 07/03 * Offsite 10/03 * DL- Crowne Plaza Garden Grove 12/03 * Coronado Springs 5/04 * Dolphin~WL 7/04 * AKL~Polynesian 07/05 * AKL~POR 01/06 * Swan 2/08 * Caribbean Beach 10/08 * DL- Embassy Suites South 01/09 * PBH 3/11* Swan 02/12* SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas May/12!!!!! * SSR/DCL DREAM 4 nt Bahamas Sept/12 * DCL Wonder 5 nt Western Caribbean out of Miami! 1/13
Brynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktalina View Post
Angie,

Thanks so much for letting me know! We will be stocking up in Vancouver I'm just a bit nervous because little N drinks tons of it! LOL - We will see how many I can bring in and if they will store it for me

Thanks again,

Ktalina
Any beverages you bring onboard, you'll have to store yourself. DCL can't store any food/drinks brought onboard by guests.

You can buy and bring onboard beverages at each port if you want. And you can bring as much as you can handle in your carryon bags.

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
Old 03-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Thanks again for both of your replies!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
FIREFIGHTERMICKEY
Mouseketeer

I actually forgot about this. I do not drink dairy products. I drink almond milk and can't go a day without it!!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
lorenni
DIS Veteran

You can get almond milk in shelf stable containers that do not need to be refrigerated until they are opened. I will need to bring it for my 20 month old son when we cruise in May. We do not have the option of a stop between the airport and the ship, so I will be following the advice of others and packing them in my checked bags, double boxed and bagged. Since neither DCL nor the baby travel delivery service will stock this item we don't have much choice.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
You can get almond milk in shelf stable containers that do not need to be refrigerated until they are opened. I will need to bring it for my 20 month old son when we cruise in May. We do not have the option of a stop between the airport and the ship, so I will be following the advice of others and packing them in my checked bags, double boxed and bagged. Since neither DCL nor the baby travel delivery service will stock this item we don't have much choice.
DCL wants all beverages brought onboard to be in carryon bags. This is from the DCL site:

any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Are you planning on transferring your milk to your carryon bags before the checked bags go to the ship?

Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #12
lorenni
DIS Veteran

I am aware of the rule. I am also aware of the fact that DCL does not stock a milk substitute that my son can drink. It is what it is.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktalina
Have you tried rice milk? We have a couple of months before we travel so I think we're going to sub out rice for almond a few times and see how it goes. BLT does stock rice milk (doesn't stock almond milk). If he does ok on rice milk we'll order from BLT.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
ktalina
Earning My Ears

I just got off the phone with DCL - they put me through a manager and I was told they will work with me somehow. For now, they told me to call the "special needs department" on Monday and they will work out a plan for me.

I'm hoping things work out. I considered the aseptic "shelf" option. I am just trying to figure out the logistics with flights from Florida to Vancouver lol

I'm just surprised DCL doesn't carry it ...

I'll let you guys know what happens Thanks again for your input
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
ktalina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
Have you tried rice milk? We have a couple of months before we travel so I think we're going to sub out rice for almond a few times and see how it goes. BLT does stock rice milk (doesn't stock almond milk). If he does ok on rice milk we'll order from BLT.
We haven't tried rice milk but I was just discussing with DH that we may have to give it a try and see how it goes.

When I talked to DCL they said if rice is okay we won't have to order through BTL since they have it on the ships. I'm keeping my fingers crossed .... If rice milk works we are good

Either way I'm curious to see what the "special needs " department has to say I'll definitely let you know once I get in touch with them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: