Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

What special experiences are there for a 15-year-old?

We will be in the world in May I have this goal, and my mom told me that if I reach it by our trip I can do something special while we're there. I've looked on the Disney World website, but I can't seem to find anything really special (not a tour) that I could do. What have you guys done in the past?
Also-I would really love to go to the Polynesian (family favorite, but with 6 people we can't afford it anymore) if there is something there? We already have our dining planned, so that's out.
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104

Last edited by disneyanney; 03-02-2013 at 01:05 PM.
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
RachelInWonderland
Earning My Ears

On our last trip we watched Wishes from the poly beach. It was sooooo beautiful. There's lots of water activities like parasailing and the sea raycers on seven seas lagoon that I believe you can do even if you're not saying at one of those resorts. Wishes and Illuminations cruises could be really cool too. Depending on budget, I hear that la nouba, the cirque du soleil show in DTD, is really awesome. There's Hoop De Doo at Fort Wilderness that your whole family might like, or the carriage rides in the evening there. I think all of those are pretty special!

Third Trip to Walt Disney World - January 2007 at 9 Years Old Fourth Trip to Walt Disney World (aka the trip when my obsession came into full bloom!) - January 2009 at 11 Years Old

Fifth Trip to Walt Disne
y World (first trip I helped plan) - July 2011 at 13 Years Old Sixth and Most Recent Trip to Walt Disney World - January 2013 at 15 Years Old! (trip report forthcoming)
RachelInWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Fab
Earning My Ears

On one of my trips my family took me to the circus at downtown disney as a surprise (mostly because they had a voucher) and it was really entertaining and just wow i have never seen anything like that before!
We also went off site to discovery cove and swam with the dolphins and also went to sea world and fed them. We also took a shopping spree at orlandos outlet every time we go and I love seeing all the different fashion compared to englands. We also went to universal studios which was also amazing!

Disney land Paris
Dec 2009
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
hlizard
Earning My Ears

I know you said you didn't want to do a tour, but for my 15th birthday my mom, dad, and I all went on the Wild Africa Trek tour. It was seriously the best thing ever. It is a little on the expensive side, but boy is it worth every penny.
hlizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

The Polynesian has the Spirit of Aloha luau, I went when I was 15, and thought it was great.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Sorry it took me so long to respond-it's been busy 'round here and I haven't had time for computers. And it's not that I don't want to do a tour, but we just hadn't looked into it and wasn't sure what it would cost. The Spirit of Aloha dinner (I've only done that once-and
loved it!) and Hoop-Dee-Doo (did I spell that right?) are actually both favorites of mine, but sadly we decided not to do them in order to try new dining this trip. Anyway though, I wanted to say that I agree watching wishes from the Poly beach is magical! We did that once a long
time ago-6-years I think, and I kind of miss it. I've come down to checking into maybe a carriage ride or actually the Wild Africa Trek Tour (which my mom thinks would be fun) and seeing if either of them are doable. Do any of you have a preference as to which one is better?
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
CHBDISNEY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
Sorry it took me so long to respond-it's been busy 'round here and I haven't had time for computers. And it's not that I don't want to do a tour, but we just hadn't looked into it and wasn't sure what it would cost. The Spirit of Aloha dinner (I've only done that once-and
loved it!) and Hoop-Dee-Doo (did I spell that right?) are actually both favorites of mine, but sadly we decided not to do them in order to try new dining this trip. Anyway though, I wanted to say that I agree watching wishes from the Poly beach is magical! We did that once a long
time ago-6-years I think, and I kind of miss it. I've come down to checking into maybe a carriage ride or actually the Wild Africa Trek Tour (which my mom thinks would be fun) and seeing if either of them are doable. Do any of you have a preference as to which one is better?
I would say do the carriage ride if you want to feel like a princess or the wild trek if you are more tomboyish. I don't know if that helps but I sure hope so
My sis Baylee , My brother Tyler, Mom & Dad

My trips:

Contemporary Resort- 7/12
Contemporary Resort- 06/11
Port Orleans- ? /09
Saratoga Springs Resort - 09/07
Nickelodeon Hotel - 10/06
Coronado Springs Resort - 7/03
off-site - 3/02
Shades of Green - 1/98

CHBDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread