Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Mom24Princesses
DIS Veteran

I LOVE DCL BUT . . . (venting)

We loved every second of both of our DCL cruises. They were amazing in every moment. - BUT I don't know if we can do it again. DD#3 asked for a DCL Spring Break 2014. She has a fall Bday and is now 15. 2014 she'll be 16 and she wanted it to be while she was still a kid. ( It would be without the older 2 DDs.) We are on a limited schedule since DH and I teach school. Summer is too expensive. Both of our cruises were Spring Break when Easter was not attached. 2014 looked good - BUT DCL is just too expensive for us now. We've had pay cuts for five years in a row and 2 DDs in college. Next year 2013-2014 is announced to be even more (like thousands less than this year!). It really makes me sad. We are also looking at retirement in a few more years.

I know you are going to boo me, but DH and I did a Carnival for our 25th in 2011 and it was really a good trip. We can take the girls on a Carnival next SB for the same 7 nights - visiting 2 new ports for us -(DH and I have visited 9 ports in the Caribbean so that's cool) and is less than half price! DCL $5600+/- to Carnival $2600+/-. I am sad but if we "waited" it would be at least 2 more years. SB in 2015 is w/Easter again driving up rates and in April 2016 she will be 18.7 and no longer a "kid".

I KNOW we wouldn't have the Disney Magic (no pun intended). I know what drives the cost of DCL (and I know what drives the lower cost at Carnival).

Maybe there are some forum readers who can relate to my grief.

Honestly - I half expect the 2 DDs to say why bother go at all - but seriously- $2600 for a week is too cheap to pass up. (no pun on the "too cheap"either)
ASMu--July 96; ASMu--Aug 98; PORS--June 01; ASMu--July 03; POP--Feb 04; CSR--June 04; ASMo--June 07; AoA--June 13
DCL

1st DCL Eastern MAGIC APRIL 1-8, 2006

THEN!!
2nd DCL Western MAGIC April 5-12, 2008
Mom24Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: