|03-09-2013, 12:58 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Booked POR Royal Room - Now thinking WL
So we are booked and paid for a Royal Room at Port Orleans. I am not second guessing my decision and thinking of Wilderness Lodge. The price different from a Pool View Royal Room (which we are booked for) to a Standard Room at Wilderness Lodge is $630 bucks for 6 nights. So can't decide what to do. We stayed at French Quarter last in 2009. It was OK. Right before renovations and some good and bad things about the place. Here are my questions for Wildreness Lodge Experts.
1) Has all of the rooms been renovated? Even standard level rooms that overlook nothing. I am fine with a bad view - not really going to be using that. Just want a location that doesn't have been walking forever (like some rooms in the moderates and values have).
2) Can I at all times either use a bus instead of the water taxi boat to get the Magic Kingdom? I understand if there is bad weather the buses are an optino, but it is always an option?
3) What resorts share the buses with WL? I have read it is the camp grounds but also heard with Poly and or GF....
4) How are the buses? I assume similiar waits as all other resorts? We had zero issues with the buses at POFQ. Just more concerned where else it will stop before and after WL.
5) The food court at POR looks amazing. Isn't roaring fork tiny and really even no seating? We want a quick grab and go breakfast before parks and want to make sure I can get a bagel etc in the mornings.
6) With only the one pool at WL - will it be over crowded? We are going mid-May. My daughter is 8 and loves swimming now.
7) Is there more than one set of elevators? Will I be waiting forever to get to my floor?
8) I understand everything is inside, but how far apart are the rooms once I get inside? Will a standard room be forever to get to - and to get to te pool during afternoon breaks.
9) Can I buy milk in their convenient shop to keep in my room? Do they sell that? I know the store at POR is nice and large.
10) If I do NOT do online check in - what is the chance we could be upgraded from a standard view?
Any other info would be great. Still on the fence is the money is worth it. We had horrible maid service in POFQ last time. Is the service better in WL? Also some rumors about the cleanliness of the rooms at POR even though they were just redone. Just so on the fence. I love the quiet pool at POR and the fact there is a boat to DTD (we love DTD)
We are a family of 3 with a DD that is 8.
Thanks again. Sorry for so many questions. I just can't decide. After all - we are just sleeping there. Will be at all the parks most of the time. Just not sure I can justify over 600 bucks just to sleep there. I am big with coupons and getting price adjustments if something goes on sale - so just can't decide on this one.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|