Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Kathysf1014
Earning My Ears

Beer mug and Refills

I haven't been on a DCL for a couple of years. Do they still give you the option on purchasing the large glass beer mug and then you get to refill it for a better price than a regular glass. I hope I'm making sense, lol. Are they still offering this ? and if so , how much is the mug now and the refill? Thank you so much...
Kathysf1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You pay the regular price for the beer when you refill, but the mug is larger. So you get extra beer.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
jo_de_vil
Mouseketeer

We are on our first cruise Oct 13 and yes I have been looking at these as they seem a great idea, if you go to the in room gifts and shopping on the DCL web site they are $14.95. I have been reliably informed that they are available to buy on board, well on the dream anyway. Hope this is some help. TTFN Jo
jo_de_vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

I think the mug is 24oz. You pay for 16.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
I think the mug is 24oz. You pay for 16.
The mug is supposed to be 22 oz, but it is actually more like 20. I filled it with water and then poured it into a large measuring cup as I didn't think it looked like it would hold 22 oz! Here is a photo I took for someone awhile back so you can get an idea of the dimensions.

One other thing of note: You can exchange your used mug for a token, which you then hand over when you're ready for a refill. Much more convenient than carrying the mug around the ship!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
GladysP
Earning My Ears

My husband and I were on the Dream this past January and I can say with certainty that they are still selling the beer mugs. Unfortunately, I cannot give you the price of the mug as we purchased ours a few years ago on one of our Disney cruises and the amount escapes me.

We took ours with us in January in the hopes that they hadn't changed the mugs and we were in luck!!!!

They are very worth the price at any rate and you will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase one (or more)

Bon Voyage and happy cruisin'
GladysP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
Kathysf1014
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladysP
My husband and I were on the Dream this past January and I can say with certainty that they are still selling the beer mugs. Unfortunately, I cannot give you the price of the mug as we purchased ours a few years ago on one of our Disney cruises and the amount escapes me.

We took ours with us in January in the hopes that they hadn't changed the mugs and we were in luck!!!!

They are very worth the price at any rate and you will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase one (or more)

Bon Voyage and happy cruisin'
That's great news , I still have mine as well .

Thank you
Kathysf1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathysf1014 View Post
I haven't been on a DCL for a couple of years. Do they still give you the option on purchasing the large glass beer mug and then you get to refill it for a better price than a regular glass. I hope I'm making sense, lol. Are they still offering this ? and if so , how much is the mug now and the refill? Thank you so much...
yes- i did it last August and still have the chip...i believe the mug is $19.99 or $24.99...turn in the mug get the chip back...buy a beer, turn in the chip, get the big mug...

when you leave the cruise you can either take the mug home or keep the chip (which i did) so you can get big mugs of beer on your next cruise!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: