Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
trwprid
Mouseketeer

I think this is interesting. My son (6) wouldn't know who Eric or Aladdin is. He doesn't want to watch princess movies. He seems to intrinsically repel them when we put them in for his sister.

He'd definitely recognize Buzz and Woody and all the Monsters Inc. crew, though.

The last time we cruised, he enjoyed posing with the classic cast (Mickey, et al). I don't think he knew he was missing anything given he was 3 at the time. We'll see what his observations are this time.

Wife to a fanatic, mom to a (age 6) and a (age 2.5).
[/url]
trwprid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #32
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

I have a 3 year old DS and I feel Disney fall shorts everywhere in the boy department. I may need to go on the Fantasy...I've only been on the Dream but I didn't see any of the characters mentioned (and yes, I check the Navigators). We got the Fab 5, Jack and Max plus the Princesses, etc but that's about it. My DS doesn't care at the moment - if you are big and furry he wants to hug you, if you're a "Face" he's going to stay as far away as possible ....however, not sure what that will be like in 2-3 years.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; November 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; January 2016 - Disney Magic
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #33
Jubilee
<3 my kids

I didn't read this whole thread, but I saw Aladdin and Jack in trip report pics before.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #34
Mandy923
Earning My Ears

My 7yr old was just asking me, if any princes would be onboard. Guess not! I think that having BOTH princess and matching prince would be AWESOME for photo ops.
Mandy923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #35
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy923 View Post
My 7yr old was just asking me, if any princes would be onboard. Guess not! I think that having BOTH princess and matching prince would be AWESOME for photo ops.
Agree! That would be a cute picture and some of the shows have princes so why don't those actors join the princess gathering. DD (age 2) made us go to the Disney Store after Christmas to buy Prince Charming and Prince Eric dolls because she got all these princess sets and no princes were included. Even at 2 she sees that Disney misses the mark! lol

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #36
mstee777
Mouseketeer

I actually saw lots of male characters on my last two cruises. Yes there were princess gatherings, but there was Hook and his sidekick, Alladin, Jack Sparrow, goofy, Donald, Mickey, and even the genie. But it's cute that the little boy wrote the letter.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #37
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Jake was also on our Fantasy cruise.
That is what I was told by disney when setting up a character meet for my son. I hope he is on our cruise and it is nice to see someone like that on there. I'm also glad to read about other characters that would appeal to my son.

I am someone who spends a great deal of time looking into what is available for my son when we go on vacation. When I've looked into things and disney especially, but even on the cruises it seems there is a whole lot more for girls then for boys. I'm not saying there is NOTHING for boys but it appears there is MORE for girls. I would say quite a bit more.

I'm not overly bothered by it, just think it would be nice if there was more for boys. That being said....my kid enjoys the princesses and wants to meet them all.

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #38
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

There's jack sparrow, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, goofy, Donald...

I can see avengers and Star Wars making it to future cruises or theme ones like the Pixar ones they had last year...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #39
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

Our boys ages 6 & 8 wanted to meet & take pictures with Jack sparrow on our October Fantasy cruise. That was their priority. However, Jack Sparrow was very elusive. We made a reservation, months in advance, for the pirate league so that they could get their pirate makeovers & then take pictures with Jack Sparrow. Apparently the only time that Jack Sparrow was available on Pirate Night was while we were in the Pirate league & during our dinner. We asked around at guest services & shutters & were sent on several wild goose chases. Our boys finally took off their pirate gear without ever getting a photo with Jack Sparrow.

We also heard he would be on Castaway Cay. So we started asking every cast member we saw about his appearance on Castaway Cay. Some of them called back to the ship for us & nobody knew of anyplace that Jack Sparrow would be. Finally when we arrived on the family beach we saw Jack Sparrow over by some trees & ran over for a photo & autograph. Funny that CMs we asked only moments before we found Jack Sparrow didn't know where he was.

I guess my major gripe is that I too wish Jack Sparrow was more available on Pirate Night. We had no idea that the time we chose for the Pirate League would make us miss out on pictures with Jack Sparrow.

o.k. Overall we had a great cruise & love Disney but were a little disappointed not to have gotten pirate night pictures with Jack Sparrow. Maybe on our next Disney cruise.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #40
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
I have a 3 year old DS and I feel Disney fall shorts everywhere in the boy department. I may need to go on the Fantasy...I've only been on the Dream but I didn't see any of the characters mentioned (and yes, I check the Navigators). We got the Fab 5, Jack and Max plus the Princesses, etc but that's about it. My DS doesn't care at the moment - if you are big and furry he wants to hug you, if you're a "Face" he's going to stay as far away as possible ....however, not sure what that will be like in 2-3 years.
Really? I've seen Jack Sparrow, Aladdin, Hook, Schmee, Peter Pan on the Dream.

I agree with other posters that they should have Toy Story characters and not only on a special pixar cruise.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #41
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

My son wouldn't clam up about seeing Pan the whole cruise. Good thing on day 5 he showed up. We shot a 30 second video of Pan having a conversation with him. He watches it all the time.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #42
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

My DS (16) and DH just put in a vote for a totally suited up Iron Man! They say forget princes they want comic book characters! On the other hand I know lots of tween/teen/women who would swoon over a photo with Prince Charming or Aladdin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: