Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
ctc917
DIS Veteran

Help with our first onsite stay at RPR

Hi everyone

This will be our first stay on site and I have been trying to read all the great information written here but I keep thinking I'm either missing something important or there is somethings that I'm not finding, so I have some questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with so here it goes:

1. How far is the walk from the resort to the park? I know people say " not far" but can someone give me an example, like its the same distance from Universal's parking garage to the park entrance? or a better example?

2. For a first trip to RPR what would you suggest for me to request for a room location? (we have a standard queen room), I like to stay on the top floor of hotels, do they have our type of room on the top floor? and how many floors do they have? I know they have towers but which one is closest to the pool? and if one stays in the tower closer to the boat dock how far is it to walk from there to the park if you do not take the boat?

3. I read that we can tell the front desk we do not want the key to the frig, by the way what is in the frig anyway? also we can request that they take away the water and items too, is this still something that we can still do?

4. Do you need to purchase a special ticket to get into City Walk at night?

Thanks for all the help

ctc917
ctc917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctc917 View Post
Hi everyone

This will be our first stay on site and I have been trying to read all the great information written here but I keep thinking I'm either missing something important or there is somethings that I'm not finding, so I have some questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with so here it goes:

1. How far is the walk from the resort to the park? I know people say " not far" but can someone give me an example, like its the same distance from Universal's parking garage to the park entrance? or a better example?

2. For a first trip to RPR what would you suggest for me to request for a room location? (we have a standard queen room), I like to stay on the top floor of hotels, do they have our type of room on the top floor? and how many floors do they have? I know they have towers but which one is closest to the pool? and if one stays in the tower closer to the boat dock how far is it to walk from there to the park if you do not take the boat?

3. I read that we can tell the front desk we do not want the key to the frig, by the way what is in the frig anyway? also we can request that they take away the water and items too, is this still something that we can still do?

4. Do you need to purchase a special ticket to get into City Walk at night?

Thanks for all the help

ctc917
The walk is under 10 minutes. I'd ask for a room in Tower 1. Here's a link to a map for you... http://www.uomeetingsandevents.com/H.../Hotel_Map.asp

Yes, you can ask for stuff to be removed and no mini bar key.

You don't need a special ticket to get into City Walk. The clubs have a cover charge at night but if you have a multi-day park ticket, that will cover your cover charge.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
ctc917
DIS Veteran

How big is the resort? How far is the walk from Tower 1(if thats the one we are booked into) to the boat that takes you to the parks?

thanks

ctc917
ctc917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctc917
How big is the resort? How far is the walk from Tower 1(if thats the one we are booked into) to the boat that takes you to the parks?

thanks

ctc917
Short walk through the pool area or around it to the boat dock. The resort is big but compact in one area. This is what makes RPR so nice and our second home. You will understand how convenient it is when you get there for your first day. You will be hooked!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

there are 3 towers, each have 7 floors.

the lobby for all three towers is on 3rd floor.

tower 3 has the club rooms on floor 7.
you can only be on that top floor if you book club.
no club rooms in T1 or 2.

i always have a room near the elevators in T3.
when you exit the building, you are close to the pools and a short walk to the boat dock.

if you look at the map damo posted, you can see how the towers's floors are Y shaped.

rooms are located on both sides of the corridors in that Y.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

It is about a two minute walk from any tower to the boat dock. We don't usually take the boat. It is a beautiful, short walk.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
tricky1
DIS Veteran

Here's a video of the walk from RPR to citywalk,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vc-r22cQs0
tricky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
Here's a video of the walk from RPR to citywalk,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vc-r22cQs0
Good video. Looks like that is from Tower 2 or 3.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: