Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #24
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
It definitely was not a fit for us. I grew up always staying on the monorail and I felt removed from Disney at BC. The room was a huge let down with no balcony and a view of a tiny courtyard. This was over $450.00 a night (Spring Break). The store was small with a super-limited selection of food and gifts (I am comparing it to the numerous shops at the Poly and dedicated quick service restaurant). I am totally in the minority, but Stormalong Bay was not great either. It was so crowded that we had the last two chairs in the back, so far from the massive pool, making it tough to keep an eye on our kids (9 and 7). I hated the feel of sand on the bottom of the pool. Beaches and Cream was so expensive and really not good (except dessert!). So, I know we are in the minority on here, but I will never stay here again. The experience and ambiance of the Poly or GF of even WL plus their convenience to the monorail/boat system just makes those much more "Disney" to us.
I have to disagree with you about Beaches and Cream being expensive. B&C is our traditional first day lunch at BC. We have a nice ts meal (burgers all around) and for the five of us the bill averages between $50 and $60. One of the least expensive ts - even less than what we pay at the Plaza!

Everyone will give you a different opinion on whether it's "worth" it. To us it is but we do spend a lot of time and the resort and love being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS>

When the kids were very little we always stayed at the GF - we spent most of our time at MK then and it was definitely worth it. Now that they are older they spend more time at DHS and we LOVE being able to walk over to EPCOT for dinner.

Lack of a cs never bothered us. Most times we stayed cl so that took care of breakfast. We love Hurricane Hannah's for lunch and my dds really like BC Marketplace too. It is just so easy to walk over to EPCOT or the Boardwalk (think BW Bakery) for cs meals that we never had a problem. When we stay at in a regular non-cl room we just order some breakfast items from garden grocer, book a few ts breakfasts, or grab something like the really good cinnamon rolls from the MK bakery or the bakery in Norway. Now that the French bakery is open at 9 even more options!

For us BC/YC is now home and worth every penny!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: