Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #11
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
One of the reasons I booked an inside room with no verandah was because I knew with my luck I'd be next to or above a cigar smoker, or at least cigarettes. My allergies never turned into full-fledged asthma, but I would not be able to sit out on a verandah with a nearby smoker. I hope I don't have to walk a route regularly that passes by a semi-open smoking area -- I hate those in airports. And then, lots of smokers will go "outside" to smoke, but leave the door open, so the smoke goes inside anyway.

Good luck to all of you in getting a clear air verandah -- I hope you all breathe easily on your trips.
I've got a clean air verandah starting next weekend....on Celebrity, where they don't allow smoking in staterooms or on verandahs.

As for rules to change, how about a nice compromise for the dress code at dinner? Three dining rotations, three different requirements and the cruiser gets to choose. Rotation one - always dressed up for dinner and formal on formal night. Rotation two - cruise casual (nice jeans, polos, etc.) Rotation three - anything goes (wear your shorts and t-shirts if you want). And the dress code in rotations one and two are ENFORCED, as in you don't enter the dining room if dressed for a rotation lower than the one you picked!

Then everyone is happy!! But we won't have nearly as many dress code threads on the DIS.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: