Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
VAB2013
Earning My Ears

Chances of booking Palo brunch on board?

We are taking our first Disney cruise this May

I tried to book Palo brunch for hubby and I but there is no availability. Where do I go to book once on the ship? What are the chances of scoring a reservation?
VAB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
ludari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAB2013 View Post
We are taking our first Disney cruise this May

I tried to book Palo brunch for hubby and I but there is no availability. Where do I go to book once on the ship? What are the chances of scoring a reservation?
The dining staff will set-up in one of the lounges to make dining rotation changes and Palo reservations so asks one of the crew members (they are usually two lines so make sure you are in the correct one). Depending on when you board the ship I would say your chances are pretty good. Make sure you are mindful of your cruise itinerary because I am sure you don't want to schedule brunch when you might be in port and have a committed port adventure. Have a great trip.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
VAB2013
Earning My Ears

Thanks Ludari. We will see if we can score a reservation on the ship.
VAB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
Aby
Obsessive and Compulsive

The same thing happened when we were on our first cruise 2 years ago. While we were waiting to embark, we were given a copy of the navigator for that day, and somewhere on there was a notation for "dining changes", with a time and place to go (I believe it was Studio Sea, but it varies depending on the cruise). They had 2 crew members set up with laptops - I think one was for Palo specifically, the other for all other dining changes. I got there about 15 minutes before they officially opened, and was one of the first ones in line. I got a Palo brunch reservation on the date & time of my choosing no problem. They also had some info out for the wine packages, refillable beer mugs, and bottled water deals in the same area.

Aby
Aby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
The dining staff will set-up in one of the lounges to make dining rotation changes and Palo reservations so asks one of the crew members (they are usually two lines so make sure you are in the correct one). Depending on when you board the ship I would say your chances are pretty good. Make sure you are mindful of your cruise itinerary because I am sure you don't want to schedule brunch when you might be in port and have a committed port adventure. Have a great trip.
Brunch is not offered on days the ship is in port.

We were able to get Palo reservations onboard, even tho all the online ressies had been taken months before the cruise.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
JoJoCruz
JoJoCruz

My wife and I will be staying at WDW the night before and taking DCL transportation to the Fantasy on Saturday. Will we get on board in time to get PALO brunch reservations?
JoJoCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
castmbr
DIS Veteran

We were recently on a pretty full Dream, arriving appx. 12:30pm. We boarded and had lunch and went to book Palo brunch about 1:30pm and had no problem getting a 10am ressie. Unfortunately, we found out Bingo was at 10:45am that same day so we had to cancel. When we went to cancel/change, day before brunch, they still had a few a few later slots open.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: