Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #91
ChristinaDK
Just like we dreeeeeaaaamm it

My boyfriend has a tattoo. Hi had wanted one In more than 20 years, so last year in Prague he get one.. On his shoulder hi has a Disney castle with Mickey Mouse and a Walt Disney quote

Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #92
Cats12
Mouseketeer

I'm the OP. I think the tattoo/piercing people are just causing trouble, so I'll ignore them. I can see both sides of the smoking debate, but that's something I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the replies.

I've decided the rule I'd like change is to enforce the rules!! Have whatever ones you want, just make everybody play by them instead of penalizing the conscientious. That's totally my pet peeve! For example, I wouldn't mind at all that people wear shorts to dinner if I could, too. I can't help it, I just follow the rules.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #93
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Does any cruiseline let you bring unpaid people on the ship to tour before it departs? I remember that being something that was done a long time ago. I assumed that it was stopped for security reasons.
I agree that's probably the reason. But one can dream...how wonderful it would be to "show off" your ship!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #94
Henlady
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, There is probably something "wrong" or something that someone else doesn't like with just about every person alive....So you ALL stay home and only one person/family is allowed to cruise at a time so as not to offend anyone else, heck there are probably some people who don't like everything about all the members of their families - SO.......
ONLY ONE PERSON PER CRUISE PLEASE!!!!! That way no one will be offended and only the "perfect" person will be visible.
I hope that perfect person never gets old, never gains weight, never has medical problems, never turns gray, never looses their eyesight, and never has a bad habit, otherwise they won't be able to stand themselves.
AND that one person follows all of the rules weither or not they pertain to that person, because they are the rules.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #95
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderdoll1317 View Post
I am going on my honeymoon in Oct. on my very first DCL. This is the very fist comment I have ever seen from someone who has made me very unhappy. I have gone to WDW many times (as we live in Florida) and my soon to be sister in law has been working there for well over 25 years (A lot of CMs have tattoos, as well as many very high up people in Disney.). My soon to be husband has been to WDW well over 300 times. We always have a lot of new friends by the end of our trips ( we go away with and with out our kids, sometimes just to get away and have alone time!) . I for one take this comment as being very rude. I am covered in tattoos as is my soon to be husband, who is an artist and business owner for well over 23 years ( this is our lifestyle and are income), we love going to WDW since this seems to be a nice place for us to be who we are and for people to treat us just like people (we have never had anything but the best time doing anything Disney!). We have Disney tattoos and non Disney tattoos. I have opened the first Disney Tattoos group on Face book. I for one can not and would not ever cover up my tattoos for the sake of you not having to look at me, Uh turn your head if it bothers you that much. I am modest, I do not ware clothing that does not fit me, that are to tight or revealing, I ware what fits and is comfortable. I follow the same dress code ( if not more to the tee since I do dress up for formal night and semi-formal night). I for one do not gripe at people for not having tattoos. I have many friends who have none, it is not for everyone and I would never judge someone for the lack of there tattoos. I have never in my life been in trouble and have worked very hard to indulge in a very expensive Disney lifestyle. Who are you to say something like this? You know nothing of me, my family, or the meaning or feelings that can be connected to a tattoo (I say me but I really mean myself and anyone with tattoos) People get tattoos for many different reasons, for the art of it, for lost or loved ones, to express they way they feel or who they are. ect. . My soon to be husband and I paid the same rate for the cruise as you, if not more..... but I would never think to tell you not to ware flip flops just because I think they are ugly, or to change anything about yourself or they way you or you family behave or look like for the sake of myself. This is almost like saying hey we really shouldn't let them colored people on board, sound familiar? This is a small and very closed minded point of view. Maybe you should have a conversation with someone before you judge there appearance, you never know, you might get to know some really smart, friendly, interesting people who like the same things you do, I mean really you already have one thing in common, you both like Disney and cruises....... try to look outside of the box next time you turn up your nose at someone who just thinks slightly different then you.
Disney CMs that are seen by guests are required to cover up their tattoos. Disney also has rules about visible piercings. The OP asked about rules we would like changed on the DCL, I answered.

Mike
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #96
matthew517
Mouseketeer

I would like to see them eliminate the requirement for each cabin having two adults.
I have a family of 6 and have to get 2 cabins. I wish I could pay for what I have two adults, 17, 15, 12 and 9.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #97
matthew517
Mouseketeer

Tattoos today, people with big noses tomorrow, people overweight the following, people with brown hair after that, people of color following that.
Soon it will be a blonde hair blue eye white in shape only cruise.

Stop focusing on others focus on yourself and your family and you'll have a great cruise.

Last edited by matthew517; 03-09-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #98
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew517 View Post
I would like to see them eliminate the requirement for each cabin having two adults.
I have a family of 6 and have to get 2 cabins. I wish I could pay for what I have two adults, 17, 15, 12 and 9.
I don't think the cabins hold more than 5.

Mike
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #99
matthew517
Mouseketeer

The cabins do only handle 5. So if you have 6 you have to get two cabins.
Then you have to pay for 4 adults and two kids.
What I was saying I wish you could pay for 2 adults and 4 kids.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #100
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have 5 and get 2 cabins and pay for 2 adults and 3 kids.

Mike
Old 03-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #101
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew517
What if they put one adult in each room and then split the kids between the rooms? If the rooms are connecting would it really matter if each person was actually sleeping in the exact bed assigned to them?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #102
Lisavince3
Mouseketeer

True, and it would be great if DCL charged the rooms based on who is in it, but the policy is the first two guests in a stateroom are charged adult price, regardless of age.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #103
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

Quote:
This I would love to see happen!!!
Why are two adults necessary ?

I'm one adult with a 10yr and a 10 month..,surely I don't need adult supervision with them at home so why is it necessary on vacation?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #104
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But you are really paying for the first 2 in a cabin, with a discount for the others whether they are children or not. I'm sailing with 3 adults in one cabin and the 3rd person is much cheaper, and not a child.

Do you only get 1 hotel room when you travel? The hotel charges the full price for the second room.

Nancy
Old 03-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #105
gary7777
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Tattoos today, people with big noses tomorrow, people overweight the following, people with brown hair after that, people of color following that.
Soon it will be a blonde hair blue eye white in shape only cruise.

Stop focusing on others focus on yourself and your family and you'll have a great cruise.
Well said
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: