Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #76
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2jax View Post
possibly a rule that we should all worry about ourselves and our own vacation, rather than worrying about what everyone else is doing? Ain't nobody got time for that!
+2
Old 03-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #77
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2jax
possibly a rule that we should all worry about ourselves and our own vacation, rather than worrying about what everyone else is doing? Ain't nobody got time for that!
+3

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2014-DLR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #78
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwing818 View Post
but if push came to shove, i'd like to see them ban smoking on the entire ship, & i like a good cigar Every now & then..
^^^LIKE^^^

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

Old 03-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #79
Subi WRX
Hangs with Jerry Springer thugs at Universal

I've read through the thread with exhaustion ...

The policy I would like to see changed is that we go back to the concierge being a non-tipped position. We already pay a hefty premium for concierge service. I feel obligated to tip a decent amount, and we've never used them for anything "above and beyond."
Old 03-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #80
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi WRX
I've read through the thread with exhaustion ...

The policy I would like to see changed is that we go back to the concierge being a non-tipped position. We already pay a hefty premium for concierge service. I feel obligated to tip a decent amount, and we've never used them for anything "above and beyond."
Good point
Old 03-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #81
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

I really can't think of any rules I would like changed on Disney.

As a non-smoker, a smoke free ship certainly would be nice, however I think Disney's smoking policy is well balanced.
The reality is, smoke free cruise ships have been tried and failed. And Disney's core audience, those age 18 to 40, are the fastest growing group of smokers in decades. Like tattoos, smoking is becoming fashionable again.

The issue came up last year on my Alaskan cruise on HAL. Spoke to a nice Eastern European family who honored the smoking restrictions, but said, such restrictions would be unthinkable.
And remember, cruise ships operate in an international community, and purposely flag their ships in nations other than the U.S. to get around U.S laws.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 AM   #82
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
And Disney's core audience, those age 18 to 40, are the fastest growing group of smokers in decades. Like tattoos, smoking is becoming fashionable again
Yes in Seattle that is true. But the new smokers aren't generally smoking tobacco. The state officials here are busy hiring people to open state stores to sell cannabis. Not sure Disney is ever going to let you smoke cannabis on board.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #83
yarlenna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prose View Post
Not to start a debate, but I would like to see the "no smoking in staterooms" rule become "no smoking in staterooms or verandahs".

I don't have a problem with shorts at dinner -- once you sit down, who will know?
Me too.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #84
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

In ADDITION to the no saving lounger rule: Someone with a tshirt that says "POOL MONITOR" or "CHAIR HOG MONITOR" that only has that one responsibility. Monitor chair hogs. Complete with a clip board, stop watch around the neck, a whistle and a digital camera - time stamped.

Okay, maybe not the whistle.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 03-09-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:34 AM   #85
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
Can I just say "thank you!"...for wanting to wear a REAL maternity swimsuit, rather than letting it all hang out, like all the actresses do now?
I don't believe this post!!! How is a pregnant stomach offensive at all. Surely it is a beautiful sight!!!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 03-09-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #86
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
I really can't think of any rules I would like changed on Disney.

As a non-smoker, a smoke free ship certainly would be nice, however I think Disney's smoking policy is well balanced.
The reality is, smoke free cruise ships have been tried and failed. And Disney's core audience, those age 18 to 40, are the fastest growing group of smokers in decades. Like tattoos, smoking is becoming fashionable again.

The issue came up last year on my Alaskan cruise on HAL. Spoke to a nice Eastern European family who honored the smoking restrictions, but said, such restrictions would be unthinkable.
And remember, cruise ships operate in an international community, and purposely flag their ships in nations other than the U.S. to get around U.S laws.
tvguy.... regarding your signature, which has been around for years and years...

You do know you were THE first to do "gangnam style". Psy just copied you
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 03-09-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #87
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieM
As the mother of an older teen, I would like some flexibility regarding the adult areas. I certainly understand why others would not like to see the adult areas overrun by packs of teenagers and why teens are not allowed in night clubs. However, I go to coffee shops and work out with my 16 year old at home. I would like to be able to do so on the Magic. My daughter enjoys art and cooking. It seems that some of the demos and tours on these topics are available only to adults. I would like a rule that 16 and 17 year olds could attend non-alcohol day time events when accompanied by an adult.
Where do they draw the line? As soon as your 16 year old is allowed at adult activities, someone will want to bring their 15 year old daughter --- and her very mature 13 year old sister. At that point, you no longer have adult activities, which are nice for those looking to enjoy some time not, as you put it, "overrun by packs of teenagers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela1044
I'm overweight and I have an issue with overweight people and bathing suits. There are wonderful bathing suits that fit all sizes so why do I have to see people's fat oozing out of bathing suits?

I saw this first hand last week in the Wonder.
Wow. Judgmental?

- Dreams

Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #88
gary7777
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel
As a "people-watcher", observing others tatoos/piercings/eccentric dress are all part of my everyday enjoyment of life I just don't indulge.
I don't infringe you, don't infringe me.
It would become just another rule that would crop up as a subject on the Dis that the mods would have to "lock" after a day or so

Everything else I can usually get my needs met, or I'll adapt.
Yeah I agree tatoos r a eveyday thing now people like that sicken me saying no tatoos to be shown get a life
Old 03-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #89
JoJoCruz
JoJoCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwing818 View Post
For me it's not so much; what rules I would like to add, eliminate or change. The way I see it, it's Disney's Ships they should set the rules. The problem I have is that the some rules don't seem to be universally enforced e.g. No saving lounge chairs, no children under 18 allowed in the adult areas etc. etc... But if push came to shove, I'd like to see them ban smoking on the entire ship, & I like a good cigar every now & then..
Could not agree more. If DCL enforced the rules they have, some call them "guidelines" when they don't want to obey them, we would see far less threads like can my 17 yo get into the adult specialty dinning, can I wear shorts in the MDR, can my child swim in the adult pool if no one is around...
Old 03-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #90
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Gibberish post! Oops sorry... No idea how I even posted on this thread.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: