Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #1681
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel

I hope they will give you some pictures to post Glad it all worked out well
I have to admit, since I only use the iPhone app I haven't figured out photobucket. And now my Internet is down. Lurkypoo had to post the brave cake pics for me.

Btw:: the brave cake had the end part of the arrow 'feather type' but Ruby (bday girl) grabbed it off

Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #1682
cindy0519
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmmysMom View Post
How much was this cake??
This was an 8" extra high cake (almond with white chocolate and fresh strawberry filling. It was also delivered to Le Cellier and made by the Yacht Club bakery. The final cost was $139.00.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #1683
2pirates&2tinks
Mouseketeer

Hi all. Can any expert on this thread tell me if the price I was quoted today is high? I was quoted a price for a painted white chocolate character for over 100 dollars. This did not include any cake at all. Is it normal to charge over 100.00 for just the painted chocolate character? Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #1684
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
So, just to make sure I understand, you can get a cake from the Yacht and Beach Club delivered to your room by private dining if you are staying at the Beach Club? And this can be delivered even when you are not in the room?
Yes, as long as you are checked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidgoingon40 View Post
And I just call the main number on the first page and ask to be connected to the Yacht and Beach Club private dining?
The number in Post #2 is Private Dining's direct line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pirates&2tinks View Post
Hi all. Can any expert on this thread tell me if the price I was quoted today is high? I was quoted a price for a painted white chocolate character for over 100 dollars. This did not include any cake at all. Is it normal to charge over 100.00 for just the painted chocolate character? Thanks
Well, the character alone could be $50 or more, and hand-painting the entire thing has to cost at least $50 (which is what they charge to paint the smaller of the two white chocolate castle cake toppers), so I'd say yes, that's a "normal" price at Disney. You could ask them just to gild the edges and see if that takes the price down.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #1685
Kidgoingon40
Mouseketeer

Thanks, LurkyLoo! I am hoping to have the cake waiting for when we get back from dinner.

DisneyWorld Trips: 1990 GF / 1995 GF / Dec 2007 - Jan 08 DH and my 1st trip together / 2009 Jan GF July WL Birthday Sept. GF-AKL MNSSHP - Expedition Everest Challenge / 2010 Poly / 2011 GF split stay US PBR / 2013 March Contemporary
Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #1686
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

QUESTION: What are the dimensions of a mini-cake or more specifically how many does it serve?

I have been trying to read through all the posts but cannot find this information yet. Want a small cake (only 3 of us) for my daughter's birthday at Coral Reef. Thank you so much for all the helpful information in this thread!

Last edited by Maisey13; 03-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #1687
tweetyll
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
It has taken me a while but I finally have the picture of my DD's birthday cake. We ordered it through AoA to be delivered to the food court for our pick up. I sent the image and all of the details I wanted included in the cake. I went with this particular design choice because I wanted a slightly more grown up looking Ariel cake. I requested a six inch red velvet with cream cheese filling and buttercream on the outside. I asked for a dark color to resemble the ocean at night and things from Ariel's grotto. I was quoted $60 +tax. My DD loved the cake and it was absolutely delicious!! Better than the one we got from GF in my opinion.

How big was your Ariel cake (6 inch, 8 inch) and did you just order this recently?
Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #1688
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisey13 View Post
QUESTION: What are the dimensions of a mini-cake or more specifically how many does it serve?

I have been trying to read through all the posts but cannot find this information yet. Want a small cake (only 3 of us) for my daughter's birthday at Coral Reef. Thank you so much for all the helpful information in this thread!
I'd say a 2-tier minicake makes two big pieces and a 1-tier minicake makes 2 medium-sized pieces. I think a 2-tier minicake would be plenty for 3 people if one was a kid and neither of the other two were me!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #1689
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:

Hi there, we had three of these little cakes on our last vacation. I'm one of the believers that they are perfect for three, maybe four. It depends on how large a slice you need. I'm posting a photo of the three of us with our little Halloween cake. DH ate half and DD and I split the other half. It was more than enough after a filling lunch or dinner.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #1690
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Hi there, we had three of these little cakes on our last vacation. I'm one of the believers that they are perfect for three, maybe four. It depends on how large a slice you need. I'm posting a photo of the three of us with our little Halloween cake. DH ate half and DD and I split the other half. It was more than enough after a filling lunch or dinner.
Super cute cake! And it is also nice to see a picture of the person that does such great on the DISign thread. What flavor did you guys get?

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #1691
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Super cute cake! And it is also nice to see a picture of the person that does such great on the DISign thread. What flavor did you guys get?
Thanks. It was a simple chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling. Really moist and yummy.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #1692
goofyshell
DIS Veteran

I called this week and ordered two of the Belle's Rose cupcakes that Lurkyloo (Thank you!) posted from the wedding showcase. We're having them at GF tea and Pat was easy to work with. She put me on hold to check the price, six dollars each and putting names on the plates. I'll let you know how it goes-we leave tomorrow!!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #1693
*blessedbyHim*
Earning My Ears

We are going to Boma for a birthday on our upcoming trip. With food allergies to consider what is my best option to get a cake for the birthday girl?

Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #1694
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowryter View Post
Thank you SHADOWRYTER!!!! What a perfect size for our tiny celebration at Coral Reef. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshell View Post
I called this week and ordered two of the Belle's Rose cupcakes that Lurkyloo (Thank you!) posted from the wedding showcase. We're having them at GF tea and Pat was easy to work with. She put me on hold to check the price, six dollars each and putting names on the plates. I'll let you know how it goes-we leave tomorrow!!

GOOFYSHELL...Could you post a link to the Belle's Rose Cupcakes? I would like to try to have a special dessert for DD at the Cinderella Happily Ever After Dinner at Park Fare (she wouldn't eat the super cute glass slipper dessert)

Last edited by Maisey13; 03-09-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #1695
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:

GOOFYSHELL...Could you post a link to the Belle's Rose Cupcakes? I would like to try to have a special dessert for DD at the Cinderella Happily Ever After Dinner at Park Fare (she wouldn't eat the super cute glass slipper dessert)

Here are some photos of the cupcake:

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: