Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #406
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Hi Ladies,

I need some help. Have any of your little ones gone through a hitting phase? My DD in grade one is going through some sort of phase (I hope) where she gets super mad at me. For instance today was a themed dress up day at their school "tacky tourist day" and we were scouring the house trying to find something for all of them to wear. I guess DD6 teacher said to come dressed like they were on vacation so she wanted to wear shorts only, with nothing on her legs. I kept trying to explain to her that it is still winter, snowed last night, and very cold. She could wear the shorts but with tights underneath.

She gets this posture going, grits her teeth, and breathes like a wild animal at me. I know the routine, and just tried to play off by laughing and making jokes, but then she kept kicking at me, until she actually got me in the stomach. Well, needless to say there went my patience and humor.

My losing it is not pretty for anyone to see, and all of the DD's morning was then taken down the wrong road. I am just so sad and frustrated. I try so hard to keep it together, and then end up losing it and wrecking everything.

I am so afraid that these girls will grow up to hate me. My worst fear ever. I know my DD8 went through a similar phase when she was in grade 1, but I miss my sweetheart DD6 sometimes, and wonder if she will come back.

Sorry all, I had to come here as I don't want to share with anyone else. I am to upset.

Sitting here crying looking at her frickin doll, how pathetic is that

Thanks

Jen
Jen, I am late to the party, but please do not beat yourself up over this incident. Trust me, lately I am losing it more and more. I know it isn't right, but sometimes I just can't help it. I feel bad. But being a single parent, overworked, overstressed, and without sleep wears on me. We all have our moments. Your DD loves you. She will forget it even happened.

Quote:
Thank you Ginny and all....and Melissa I do hope your DS feels better soon, and that it is NOT strep. Hate Hate Hate strep.

Pas yes, our two do sound alike. She is very very sweet, and sensitive too.

OK, moving on here....you know the POR lover Venomhatch? He has posted on the POR thread that something disgusting happened when they were there recently that caused him to maybe never want to go back. He will not say what only that they had to move rooms because of it. Ugh...bedbugs perhaps??? I wish he would just out with it!! Maybe I will be taking POR off my list for November.
Quote:
Thanks Koh....he just PMed me too... (yes I am nosy!!) and said the roaches were in drawers, tub, eggs larvae the whole bit. Ummm.....ewwwwww!!!

I cannot thank you all enough for you kind words and advice today. I just felt very low, but need to try and remember to believe in myself more.
I know Sarah would echo what you all said too.
I don't think it is any secret how much I dislike that poster. I am planning on a RR at POR in June. Personally, I take anything he says with a grain of salt because he has that way about him of expecting something for nothing. Even if it IS true, it could happen at any one of the resorts.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #407
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Dani: I know what you mean....drama I hope. I said to DH that maybe we are going to have to stay at The Grand in November now....he wasn't having any part of that one!! Finances will mostly likely make our decision for us!

Thanks for the understanding words...I don't even know how you manage it all on your own.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #408
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Hi RCers: I was hoping 2013 would be THE YEAR, but with fewer trips for us this year, hopefully 2014 will be our year to finish up the Resort list. Three big budget drainers are on tap for this year: A new roof and new windows, as well as a trip to the Masters in April. While not WDW, we're pretty stoked to go to Augusta. My WDW Resort-stay list is down to AKL, SAR, CBR, ASmu and AoA. I am at the point of ambivalence for most of these...I think. It is at the point that it is sooo much easier to book one of my faves over these Resorts more standard rooms, with obvious exceptions being the Cars Suite and the Treehouses.

KOOK: First off let me just say that Mike Douglas stole my heart as a little girl... and then Kramer's "Mike Douglas set episode" stole my mind and funny bone. One of the all-time best to be sure. Thanks for letting me re-live it.

Thanks also for the idea of the Treehouse. You've given me the idea for a perfectly rugged split stay -- FTW cabin and SAR treehouse. I had purposely blocked it out of my mind until now. I think I've mentioned here before lucking out and being the first to book one of the reno-ed Treehouse rooms entirely by chance... and then canceling it for a BC 2br villas for our Christmas 2007 trip? Yep, I cancelled a brandy-spanking new room. That said, every time DH and I sail past them we oooh and ahhhh.

You know, my DH's retirement plan is to drive the boat route to DTD... so we could make SAR our home DVC resort when the time comes and live like Tarzan and Jane in the Treehouse. I wish.

Piglets Mommy: I think I will put golf carts, public drunkeness and mini golf on my next itinerary in no particular order.

letthewookiewin: I knew you had booked FTW and was going to ask you about the cabins this weekend. I'm sorry I forgot you changed away from it.

Koh1977: My two cents on our fave mod: POR. It is "home" to us as we've logged quite a few stays there. POR is so relaxing and peaceful, and has a darn good food court and we think the layout is tops. POFQ has it charms due to the size. I love the wrought iron and those charming streets and squares. I am a Floridian, so tropical themes like CBR leave me flat. And CSR is novelty to me, somehow it never really "counts" although I've logged 2 stays there.

babyberger: You hate living in FL? Some of the time I am right there with ya' on that. Where are you from originally? Me NJ. As for vodka tonics, I am not much of a drinker and am always on a quest to find something I like when I do imbibe. My SIL turned me on to them and I can imagine all the flavored vodkas make for fun tasting sessions. PS, your airline vodka tonic story made me green just thinking about the cramped, sweaty, smelly confines you were in. Glad you survived to tell the tale.

Last edited by MAGIC...itis!; 03-10-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Forgot SAR
Old 03-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #409
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Ok Magic I'm not doing quite as good as you on staying at all the resorts but I'm not doing too bad. The resorts that I still need to stay at are GF, Poly, CR (I have stayed at BLT so that's close), POFQ, AOA and all the All Stars. Not too bad for a California girl!!! I've also stayed at all three at DL ... GC, DL Hotel and Paradise Pier.

PS .... that wasn't me dancing on the tables at Piano Bob .... maybe Janet????
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #410
babyberger
DIS Veteran

MAGIC - I am originally from MA, so a cold weather girl at heart! And still a HUGE New England sports fan don't get me wrong, Boca is a wonderful place for a family, but I hate the heat and the fact that my kids don't get to go apple picking or jump in the leaves in the fall. I told DH that I want to take a call trip up north so the kids can do all of those things. I miss the NH foliage too!

As far as resorts, I will never stay at all if them....DH and the kids have no interest in trying out anymore. I think they have happily found their home at CR (although they are willing to try a 1BR at BLT)!

DH went to the gym this morning and I gave him a list of errands to do while he is out so I don't have to get out if my pj's, lol! Steven is starting with the low grade fever and is sooo stuffy, ped was right, cold was coming on. I haven't heard from them this morning so that means the strep is still negative. Phew!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 03-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #411
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
MAGIC - I am originally from MA, so a cold weather girl at heart! And still a HUGE New England sports fan don't get me wrong, Boca is a wonderful place for a family, but I hate the heat and the fact that my kids don't get to go apple picking or jump in the leaves in the fall. I told DH that I want to take a call trip up north so the kids can do all of those things. I miss the NH foliage too!

As far as resorts, I will never stay at all if them....DH and the kids have no interest in trying out anymore. I think they have happily found their home at CR (although they are willing to try a 1BR at BLT)!

DH went to the gym this morning and I gave him a list of errands to do while he is out so I don't have to get out if my pj's, lol! Steven is starting with the low grade fever and is sooo stuffy, ped was right, cold was coming on. I haven't heard from them this morning so that means the strep is still negative. Phew!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Melissa

Although strep is usually treatable and they're over it within a few days. A cold can linger and linger and...

Hopefully he gets better soon!
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #412
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koh1977

Although strep is usually treatable and they're over it within a few days. A cold can linger and linger and...

Hopefully he gets better soon!
Oh I know strep is usually easier, but I was dreading the antibiotics because we are finally on the road to healing his stomach ulcers. Now I am just hoping he can kick the cold without it developing into an infection.

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #413
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh I know strep is usually easier, but I was dreading the antibiotics because we are finally on the road to healing his stomach ulcers. Now I am just hoping he can kick the cold without it developing into an infection.

Melissa

Hope your little guy feels better soon. It's been a rough winter for a lot of the RC kids. And of course that makes it tough on all the mamas!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #414
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Sue, If you would like to be added to the RC list, please give me your dates! And congrats on making an RC!
Hi Janet, just getting caught up on this thread. My dates are
Pop Aug 17
GF Aug 18 - 20
YC Aug 20 - Sept 1
Thanks.

Now if you can stop me from adding days Having an AP is a dangerous thing!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #415
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Marie Wow, I'm just getting caught up and saw your post about your husband Glad he's doing better. How scary for you. It didn't make the news here in BC, odd.
You will be in my thoughts & prayers for a continued recovery.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #416
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

I did a very quick search of this thread so I apologize if this question has been asked before. Long story short, I became a resort changer yesterday. With 28 days until my trip, I changed from CBR to POR . My question, I already received Mickey Mail & DME tags for CBR. Will I get new Mickey Mail for POR with new DME tags? Should have asked the CM yesterday but I was so worried about getting off the phone before the resort change surprise was ruined. I am taking my mother and don't want her to know I changed resorts until we get there or at least till I take her to the POR DME line

Old 03-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #417
Koh1977
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc88
I did a very quick search of this thread so I apologize if this question has been asked before. Long story short, I became a resort changer yesterday. With 28 days until my trip, I changed from CBR to POR . My question, I already received Mickey Mail & DME tags for CBR. Will I get new Mickey Mail for POR with new DME tags? Should have asked the CM yesterday but I was so worried about getting off the phone before the resort change surprise was ruined. I am taking my mother and don't want her to know I changed resorts until we get there or at least till I take her to the POR DME line
I believe so, but I'm not positive. (Might depend on timing of the RC so I will let the others answer your question). Yeah for a surprise RC! They're the best kind I think. :-)
Pre 2001 too many to count / December 2001 offsite / April 2004 offsite / August 2008 offsite / August 2009 offsite / August 2010 Poly / September 2012 BC / August 2013 Poly / July 2014 WL CL or Poly CL/WL or...
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #418
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Ok Magic I'm not doing quite as good as you on staying at all the resorts but I'm not doing too bad. The resorts that I still need to stay at are GF, Poly, CR (I have stayed at BLT so that's close), POFQ, AOA and all the All Stars. Not too bad for a California girl!!! I've also stayed at all three at DL ... GC, DL Hotel and Paradise Pier.

PS .... that wasn't me dancing on the tables at Piano Bob .... maybe Janet????
You are one amazing bi-coastal RCer . Never say never, so I predict probably only one stay at a DL Resort for me ever. Which one would you recommend? Hmmmm, unless I make it a 3-way split stay!

I wonder how many RCers prefer only staying specific resorts vs. staying at as many as possible?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #419
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Sunday, ladies!

Jen: Someone's so excited. Will send you an email in a bit...

Magic: After having tried and loved Poly, then BC and POR and YC and now CR, I think I'm falling somewhere in the middle. I've still got WL and AKL to check off the list. Maybe a Pop and/or AoA in there somewhere. GG does indeed get special commendation for her bi-coastal changeroos. Those long flights make me

Linda: How's your DD? Any word from the docs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc88 View Post
If I were you, I'd just give ME a call... they can send you out new tags. I had to do the same when we changed for our last trip. You can also give them a call if you need additional luggage tags. Their number is: (866) 599-0951
Old 03-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #420
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout

If I were you, I'd just give ME a call... they can send you out new tags. I had to do the same when we changed for our last trip. You can also give them a call if you need additional luggage tags. Their number is: (866) 599-0951
Thank you. I will do that tomorrow afternoon so I can keep the surprise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: