Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
karenfb
Earning My Ears

Free Dining Pin Codes for Summer

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any pin codes out that offer free dining for the summer months. I don't know if I should wait or give up and book a vacation elsewhere. This is the deciding factor as to whether I return to Disney. I know I have received them back in January in the past but I have not received one this year for summer. Does anyone know if they are expected to come out for the summer? I have not heard of anyone who has one. I did receive one for spring but that was not an option. I am looking for information on the summer only. Thanks!!
karenfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfb View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any pin codes out that offer free dining for the summer months. I don't know if I should wait or give up and book a vacation elsewhere. This is the deciding factor as to whether I return to Disney. I know I have received them back in January in the past but I have not received one this year for summer. Does anyone know if they are expected to come out for the summer? I have not heard of anyone who has one. I did receive one for spring but that was not an option. I am looking for information on the summer only. Thanks!!
Check the codes and rate subforum of the the resorts board. If anyone know of a summer free dining pin floating around, they would. My guess would be that there are not any for the summer months (June, July and early Aug.). There never are. But if you're looking for late Aug.- mid Sept. then there's always a possibility. You never know when or if Disney will send out pin codes.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
karenfb
Earning My Ears

I have received a free dining pin for the summer for the last 3 years.
karenfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfb View Post
I have received a free dining pin for the summer for the last 3 years.
Well, since you appear to be one of the very lucky few to whom this special offer is made, you should probably wait to see if the Disney pixie dust hits you up one more time.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Many people reported having PINs going through 9/28 awhile ago. I would guess that if you didn't get one by now, you probably won't get one. A new public offer of some sort should be coming out by the beginning of April, so there is still hope for some type of summer deal. Good luck, OP!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfb
It shouldn't be a deciding factor. You're better off with a resort discount.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
It shouldn't be a deciding factor. You're better off with a resort discount.
Not necessarily true. Depending on where you wish to stay and how many people you have in your party, free dining can save a lot more money than a room discount.

Last edited by smitch425; 03-08-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typo
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Not necessarily true. Depending on where you wish to stay and how many people you have in your party, free dining can save a lot more money than a foom discount.
That's what I was thinking. It's not a good deal for us because of the make up of our family (5 real adults) and our preference for deluxe resorts. But someone with 2 teenagers and staying in a value resort, it can be a real money-saver vs. a piddly 15% room discount and paying OOP for meals.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not necessarily true. Depending on where you wish to stay and how many people you have in your party, free dining can save a lot more money than a room discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
That's what I was thinking. It's not a good deal for us because of the make up of our family (5 real adults) and our preference for deluxe resorts. But someone with 2 teenagers and staying in a value resort, it can be a real money-saver vs. a piddly 15% room discount and paying OOP for meals.
Just to give an example of this, we are a family of 4 ( 2 adults, 2 kids:11 and 5) and we have the FD BB offer booked for this AUG. We are staying 7 nts at POR and FD is saving us a little over $1000 whereas RO discount would probably save us $250. Even if we were to get a RO discount, there's no way we could all eat for $250 during the 8 days. It would probably cost $700-800 for food. This is why FD is the better deal for us.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
pauly's girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Many people reported having PINs going through 9/28 awhile ago. I would guess that if you didn't get one by now, you probably won't get one. A new public offer of some sort should be coming out by the beginning of April, so there is still hope for some type of summer deal. Good luck, OP!
My friend recieved a pin code while ago and the free dining pin was only good thru March, offered on the same card was a room discount that was thru 9/28. Thus far there have been no free dining pins. BB free diners also have reported 9/28 as an end date but they are locked in. I believe the FD offer for UK reidents was also released for late summer travel but nothing for US. Crossing my fingers it's coming!!
Sept. 2010~POP
Sept. 2013~ASMo
Sept. 2014~AS Sports

ME: DH: DD16 DS12
pauly's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
CantWaitToGoAgain
Earning My Ears

I too rec' d a PIN code in the mail. However, it expired 2/16 and was good through 9/28.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: