Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
jweb20
Earning My Ears

Breakfast in rooms

What do you bring to eat for breakfast in mornings in a standard room?
jweb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
birthygirl
Earning My Ears

As long as you have at least a fridge, you could do cereal and milk (either take a couple of plastic bowls or get some disposable ones), yogurt with granola and fruit, or store bought muffins.

We are planning to eat breakfast in our room as well and this is what we'll be doing.
birthygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
DandSx2
Earning My Ears

We ate in our room and in the food court with food we brought along. We had the free quick service dining plan so we saved our 2 meals for lunch and dinner. Foods we brought along: poptarts, cereal bars, donuts and fruit. We also took oatmeal and made it using the hot water in the food court on the way to the parks. Plus then we could have our drinks with our souveneir mugs.
Sept. 2011, Pop Century, 6 nights
Sept. 2012, All Star Movies, 7 nights
Jan. 2014 All Star Music, 6 nights + 1 added night/day due to a snow storm in Georgia *Forced to stay one more night in Disney? What a hard decision that was!
DandSx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Cereal in the disposable containers, oatmeal packets.

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

We bought muffins and fruit each night on our way back from the parks

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
dragonfly08
DIS Veteran

Bagels, muffins, pop tarts, cereal (my kids don't like it with milk so it doesn't matter if we've had a fridge or not), PB&J sandwiches, cereal/granola bars, fruit.
dragonfly08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

We're planning to order a few breakfast things from garden grocers. My plan is to grab a pack of little muffins or pop tart, a banana and a juice box on our way out of the door to the ME bus stop. Then we'll sit at the bus stop (or on the bus if we're lucky)and enjoy our breakfast.
Me , DH , DS (6) , DD (3), (baby #3, arriving April '15)
mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
mm1971
DIS Veteran

We usually have blueberry muffins, cereal bowls and some fruit.

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
Christen99
Wet behind the ears

We are planning on placing an order with Green Grocer for our trip. Our order thus far will include some yogurt, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, and a case of water. We have the dining plan, but none of us typically eat a large breakfast.
Christen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
tigger51276
DIS Veteran

I always bring a suitcase with breakfast foods and snacks. For breakfast I bring: bread, bagels, 2 boxes of cereal, oatmeal packets, granola bars, peanut butter, jelly, coffee, tea, fruit. When I get to the resort I buy some butter, cream cheese and milk. I can also do some lunches or late night snacks by making pbj sandwiches or putting pb on a bagel. It's nice to save money, but time also because I give my kids breakfast and then hop in the shower and get ready for the day.
Pop 10/07 - SSR 1/08 - Disney Cruise 1/08 - AKV 10/09 - OKW 8/10 and AKV SV 9/10 - ASMu 5/11, AKV 8/11 and BWV 9/11, AKV Kidani 2/12, BLT Theme Park View 8/13 and AKV 8/13-9/13, BLT, AKV, SSR & BCV 6/14-7/14
Me (38) DD (10) DD (6)
tigger51276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
texasroni75
Mouseketeer

We brought bagels, english muffins, peanut butter, donuts, granola bars and cereal. We toasted our bagels and english muffins in the food court and bought milk each day since our in-room fridge just didn't keep it cold enough for our tastes.

DD(19) - DD(13) - DS(10) - DS(3)

Planning Trip 9 to WDW!!

All-Star Movies - Jan 1999, Coronado Springs - Feb 2001, All-Star Sports - March 2002, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside - March 2009, Port Orleans Riverside - December 2009, All-Star Movies - September 2013, All-Star Music - September 2014
texasroni75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
smallsteps
Earning My Ears

Personally, for breakfast, we will be bringing along some fruit, homemade waffles, turkey sausage, bagels + cream cheese + lox. For later in the day (or evening) and for while at the park, we will bring various snacks (PB&J stuff, homemade cookies, chips, homemade trail mix, fruit snacks, granola bars). We have a big cooler that I plan to pack up for our trip (we are driving). I figure it's best to serve something substantial for breakfast so there is no mid-morning crash.

Here are some other ideas for anyone to steal

Super easy breakfast ideas (and not entirely healthy):
  • Cereal and milk (if you want to go super easy, you can get the little boxes...kids love them!)......don't forget bowls and spoons!
  • Pop tarts
  • Sides of fruit (pre-cut fruit from the grocery store, apples, oranges, pears, bananas)

Healthier breakfast ideas that will take some work on your part:
  • Homemade waffles (I make mine with 1/2 regular flour and 1/2 whole wheat), refrigerated and then brought in the cooler in the car
  • Homemade muffins (again made with 1/2 all purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat)...any kind, but I especially like blueberry, apple cinnamon and banana oat
  • Homemade quiche, sliced and warmed in the microwave
  • Bagels and cream cheese....warm in the microwave if desired. My dh loves lox so I bring some and stick it in the fridge....adds some healthy meat to the meal!
  • Yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. I like to use plain Greek yogurt as it isn't loaded with sugar and it has a ton of protein. I pre-bag up some granola in zip-loc baggies and just add as desired.
  • Microwaveable frozen egg meals, but this requires an in-room freezer that's not tiny
  • Oatmeal packets (use hot water from the coffee machine
  • Meat sides: microwaved eggs, precooked sausage (we use turkey) heated in the microwave
  • Fruit sides: berries (we buy some at a local grocery store and keep them in the package....wash and chop if necessary when serving it), pre-chopped melon or mangoes, etc.

Snack foods for anytime
  • Granola bars
  • Fruit
  • Beef jerky
  • Bread (for sandwiches)
  • Peanut butter and jelly
  • Sandwich makings (sliced deli meat; sliced cheese; mayo/mustard packets from a gas station; pre-washed and bagged lettuce, onions and tomatoes). The deli meat and cheese are perfect for snacking on too, especially for kids!
  • Cheese sticks
  • Crackers (can top with the sliced cheese, deli meat or peanut butter)
  • Trail mix (either homemade or store bought)
  • Typical junk food snacks (cookies...homemade or store bought, rice crispy treats, fruit snacks, chips, candy)
smallsteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #13
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

We ordered from Garden Grocer and our breakfast items were:
yogurt, bananas, bagels and cream cheese, easily portable if necessary (to eat on the way or to bring into the parks), as well as cereal and milk.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #14
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

We used to take a car service and make a grocery stop, now that we take the Magical Express we order from Garden Grocer. For breakfast items we get cereal, milk, orange juice, bananas, yogurt, bagels, muffins and occasionally donuts. I'll also sometimes pick up some hard boiled eggs at the resort.

Someone will also make a run for coffee (or make iced coffee) in the morning while we get ready with our refillable mugs.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

Yogurt, apple sauce, pb&j, bread, Cheerios, sometimes we'll stop and grab some Dunkin Donuts from the Hess gas station on the way to the park.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: