Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #2461
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Hi everyone! I've combed through the first page, but I cannot seem to find any information on the coffee makers. ( I know, totally a boring question!) But we're going to be there in June and I didn't know if they changed since we were there in 2010. I'd like to bring some tea and hot chocolate with me, but I didn't know if they were pods / kcups or what...

If anyone knows, would you mind letting me know? I can't even believe we are getting actually close !! it seems like we've been waiting forever!!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #2462
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Hi everyone! I've combed through the first page, but I cannot seem to find any information on the coffee makers. ( I know, totally a boring question!) But we're going to be there in June and I didn't know if they changed since we were there in 2010. I'd like to bring some tea and hot chocolate with me, but I didn't know if they were pods / kcups or what...

If anyone knows, would you mind letting me know? I can't even believe we are getting actually close !! it seems like we've been waiting forever!!!!
We were there last month and the coffee makers are the pod type. You could still heat water for tea or hot chocolate.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #2463
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We were there last month and the coffee makers are the pod type. You could still heat water for tea or hot chocolate.
excellent! thank you !!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 03-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #2464
ktlm
DIS Veteran

So jealous! My friend and his family are returning from their first WDW trip today. They stayed at the GF, and on their arrival they asked if there was any way they could get a room with a king bed instead of 2 queens, as their DD will likely get in bed with them instead of getting in her own bed. They were upgraded to the Grand Suite! Lucky, Lucky them!!! They hit the jackpot of all jackpots of upgrades!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #2465
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Good to be here and see my friends Ugh 5 days...seriously...didn't we just miss each other in 2011 as well well I am driving....................

junglecruiser had such in everything, didn't she? Pics, posts....the true essence of our Grand I better learn how to take better pics...

So, question My DS12 is picking a building to request, he'd like to be near the Marina. We have standard view booked. I am thinking to request 1st floor to not disturb my GF neighbors when my kiddos are being Maybe Sago Cay? Then we can cut to the busses as well right? Oh, decisions....I'd like to be near the pool. Whenever we end up shall be perfect I am sure
Oh MY! Driving this trip?! And yes, you're right we missed each other in 2011 but by two days that time I think! One day the stars will align...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
I think Sago is good marina view, near the buses, Gaspys and not too far from the main pool. Also, do not rule out Conch.It's closer to the pool, still close to Gaspys and not too much further from buses. PLUS, it's closest to the BOATS.
ooh, I agree! Good points all of them.

PAS-- I might be tempted to request Conch Marina view, just bc it's closest to what a SL Marina View would be. And all of the reasons Above as well.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #2466
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for checking on our hostess It's great to be back here!! When are you celebrating at RPC??? We will be there 8/18-25th in a GV room..I am celebrating 40 next August...but I'd love to buy you a drink at the pool perhaps!!
omigosh, pas, you are so sweet. i turn 40 on 8/23. we will be there, seriously, the EXACT same dates as you. although we are at BC from 8/18-8/21, checking in at GF 8/21. i will totally meet up with you. let me tell you... i have always been totally against meeting anyone from the boards. it makes me nervous that they will end up being a creepy stalker or something! then JC passed without my getting to meet her- even though we were at GF at the same time last year. i regret not meeting her so much and i am going to loosen my rule now! that is... if you ACTUALLY do stick with your GF ressie... ha ha! you RC'er, you!

when in august is your bday?

Old 03-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #2467
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Pas~ as I always say...we book gv requesting marina view sago. We liked it there the first time and so we stick with it. We self-park and drive everywhere, run over to Gasparillas all the time and sit at the top of the marina for wishes. Wr tended to be courtyard pool sitters and if my younger wanted the beach pool he would just run over. ( yes, my kids are older than yours)

No school yesterday last day now June 21, the day we leave
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 03-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #2468
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

There you go, DetTigsGal!

Beth....we used to meet up all the time, us old DISers. Yes, there's some real whackjobs, but you do end up getting to know the "real people" here!
I remember when kacsmom and I met at a GF meet... had a blast and we all enjoyed a cabana party! Fun times!

40th birthday celebration at the GF!!!!! What a treat!!!!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 03-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #2469
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
So jealous! My friend and his family are returning from their first WDW trip today. They stayed at the GF, and on their arrival they asked if there was any way they could get a room with a king bed instead of 2 queens, as their DD will likely get in bed with them instead of getting in her own bed. They were upgraded to the Grand Suite! Lucky, Lucky them!!! They hit the jackpot of all jackpots of upgrades!
Oh WOW, they sure did! So, so happy for them!!!!

It was an upgrade like above (that one was the CR Pres Suite) that got me hooked on the Pres/VP suites.

The GF's Grand Suite and YC Pres Suite are the only two suites I haven't stayed in and with college tuition, it's not happening anytime soon. LOL. Think I'm over my "suite" addiction.
DH would be happier if I was over my GF or even WDW addiction.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #2470
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Is the GF Grand Suite the same as the "Walt" suite? THAT'S my dream!!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #2471
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good to be here and see my friends Ugh 5 days...seriously...didn't we just miss each other in 2011 as well well I am driving....................

junglecruiser had such in everything, didn't she? Pics, posts....the true essence of our Grand I better learn how to take better pics...

So, question My DS12 is picking a building to request, he'd like to be near the Marina. We have standard view booked. I am thinking to request 1st floor to not disturb my GF neighbors when my kiddos are being Maybe Sago Cay? Then we can cut to the busses as well right? Oh, decisions....I'd like to be near the pool. Whenever we end up shall be perfect I am sure
Pas,we will be at GF 8/18 & 8/19 before moving to YC. I requested a Sago or Conch marina view on the recommendation of this thread. I sure hope the beach will be open. PM me if you'd like to get together, we can have a Dis pool meet! Isn't someone else there the same time too?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 03-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #2472
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Is the GF Grand Suite the same as the "Walt" suite? THAT'S my dream!!
No, Walt's Suite is on the 4th floor and the Grand suite is on the 5th floor.
The Grand Suite is much larger and has a baby grand piano.

Also, Walt's suite has the train decor.

There should be pics of the suites on the first page. Pralines and cream posted a bunch, they are gorgeous!

Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #2473
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! I actually have seen the Walt Suite, and might have seen the Grand Suite as well, tho I don't remember the piano, if you can believe that! A CM gave us a tour a few years back, but I got it in my head waaaay before that, that it is my dream to stay in the Walt Suite.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #2474
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
No, Walt's Suite is on the 4th floor and the Grand suite is on the 5th floor.
The Grand Suite is much larger and has a baby grand piano.
Yep. He sent me a video, but it has his daughter in it so I'm not going to post it. The thing is huge. I believe it is over 2000 square feet which makes it bigger than my first house!!! 2 big bedrooms each with its own full bath, and then a 1/2 bath near the entrance. The living area is huge with more than one couch. The piano is white, but it is actually an upright, not a baby grand. They told him that Kelly Ripa had recently stayed in it. They had a great time! They are totally spoiled now though, as there is no way their 2nd Disney trip can live up to this one!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #2475
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Thanks for the info! I actually have seen the Walt Suite, and might have seen the Grand Suite as well, tho I don't remember the piano, if you can believe that! A CM gave us a tour a few years back, but I got it in my head waaaay before that, that it is my dream to stay in the Walt Suite.
That must have been a real treat. I'd love to check out the suites the next time I'm there but I'm sure they don't do it for everyone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: