Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
Marjx3
Earning My Ears

This is truly painful!

Lost our reservation because we were forced to cancel...long story short we booked a package at poly in November room+tix. Made our ADRs for the whole family (14 in all, aunts uncles grandparents cousins etc...) because no one else would pull the trigger. Half the family wants to stay POR half at Poly. No biggie there except no rooms are available for GV. So they all got there POR ressie and we lost our treasured Poly and we did all the work! Staying at the Poly makes our Disney vacation. I don't want to go now...I can't justify the expense if we are not going to get the experience we want plus now the whole family is stomping us...ugh! If we want to be with them we have to stay POR but we don't want too.
Marjx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Lots of time between now and November...things can change again.
CoolPool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
samacita
Mouseketeer

How did you make ADRs this early?

Hope the family comes around!!
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

It's only time to make adrs for September right now. If you want to stay at the Poly go ahead and book your own room there, the others can stay at POR.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Shannon12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post

I was wondering the same thing!!
Maybe she meant she planned them?

Shannon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post

Maybe she means she made the reservations last November, not for this November.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

This is very confusing? Half her family is staying at Por and half at Poly but she cancelled her Poly reservation and now can't get another? I don't understand.

And I don't understand either how she can have made all of these ADRs so far in the future.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum
This is very confusing? Half her family is staying at Por and half at Poly but she cancelled her Poly reservation and now can't get another? I don't understand.

And I don't understand either how she can have made all of these ADRs so far in the future.
I am pretty sure she means she booked in November. Likely for a trip coming up in May.

Stay at the Poly. Either your family is more important, so no whining, or stay at the Poly and be with family for all those ADRs. Suck it up and pay for a better view, if garden view isn't available.
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #9
GOOFY4DONALD
DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They were so proud they made it a Hidden Mickey!

My guess (whatever it's worth) is that the OP made the ressies w/o a deposit (for the 2 weeks) in hope family would make a decision. There are still GV rooms available in Nov unless it's Thanksgiving week. There are plenty of other places to stay at WDW. We've stayed at a few different places. Although some of them aren't my first choice it's Disney so we have a blast. Things change plans change. Be happy you have enough money in this economy to EVEN go to Disney. Many don't. Find a new resort. Have a new adventure. Have fun. Isn't that what Disney's all abou.
WDW 2012 FW Cabins

GOOFY4DONALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjx3 View Post
Lost our reservation because we were forced to cancel...long story short we booked a package at poly in November room+tix. Made our ADRs for the whole family (14 in all, aunts uncles grandparents cousins etc...) because no one else would pull the trigger. Half the family wants to stay POR half at Poly. No biggie there except no rooms are available for GV. So they all got there POR ressie and we lost our treasured Poly and we did all the work! Staying at the Poly makes our Disney vacation. I don't want to go now...I can't justify the expense if we are not going to get the experience we want plus now the whole family is stomping us...ugh! If we want to be with them we have to stay POR but we don't want too.
Stay where you want to stay. Period.

"Truly painful" is a phrase that should never be used when talking about going on a Disney vacation.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
cmdg
Mouseketeer

We are going with my family in June and staying at two separate resorts. If your family has a problem with that, let them switch theirs.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
... plus now the whole family is stomping us...ugh! If we want to be with them we have to stay POR but we don't want too.
Wow I don't know why you would *want* to go with a group that canceled a package YOU booked, and is now "stomping" you for wanting to stay somewhere else.

That said, POR is quite fabulous and I would stay there in a heartbeat! But I would also stay at a different resort as family if I felt like it, and wouldn't stand for complaints about it for a second.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #13
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Face it, group travel is about consensus and compromise and as such can be "quite painful". You need to decide what the primary focus of the trip is. Is it about being with the group, or a trip centered around your resort? If the majority of the group will be spending most of the time away from the resort, I think it is totally legit not to want to spend money on a deluxe when a mod is significantly less expensive. I have stayed at all of the mods and all but one of the deluxes, and for me, the Poly ranks at the bottom of that list. However, if I were to travel with a group and the consensus was the Poly, I would likely stay there if my main focus was to be with the group. I also think there are some groups where having a different resort to retreat to would be a good thing as well.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #14
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Like Smitch said earlier....You can't be upset with going to Disney....
Although it might not be you desired location in your desired resort, but honestly it's Disney they make it feel like you are the most special person on this Earth, IMHO.

That's either staying at a value or a Deluxe or Villa.

To be honest if I weren't able to even afford a value & I had a tent & had to stay at the Fort Wilderness, ( PROVIDED THEY DID THIS ) then yes it would be different but I'd still make it the best trip that it can be....

If you can still get POLY but not GV I'd say stay there anyhow...Room locations are low on my list...The Resort as a whole is what will make it for you..

If you don't want to upset your family then stay at POR. Not sure if you've stayed there or not, but this place is gorgeous....It's our 2nd fav mod behind CSR.

The only negative thing that I have to say about this place is the buses usually are filled to capacity ( which can happen everywhere I know) & the food court was always packed.....No matter what time of day.. Also There are a ton of good things which outweigh the bad here by far. I wouldn't fret just book it relax & enjoy your trip

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
ibrokeitmommy
Mouseketeer

I feel your pain, really I do. My inlaws paid for us to go last time, which meant we had to go when they wanted. They wanted to go Christmas week and we had a 5 week old baby. They also always stay off-site. We went and it was fun but we both agreed next time it would be on our own terms. So I guess you have to decide is this a big family vacation or is it ok to just meet up with them at the parks? I would probably choose family 1. Because my kids wouldn't understand and they would 100% rather be with family than at a different hotel and 2. It would just save hurt feelings. Maybe part of the party couldn't afford the Poly so this was the next best for them?

Go and gave fun with whatever you choose but don't go anticipating to have a terrible trip or you will. Make the best of it, I can't imagine having a bad time at Disney!
ibrokeitmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: