DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

AKV Savanna View in July Heat?!?

My wife and I are very close to book AKV for mid July 2013 and we were wondering if the balconies provide enough shade for you to be able to enjoy the animals in the middle of the July heat? Can you really sit out on balcony at 2pm and enjoy yourself? Thanks!!
Polynesian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

it is just not the heat but the humidity - so would say no.

besides the animals are trying to get in the shade themselves - your best time for viewing in at sunrise and sun setting. they sleep when it is hot and humidity

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
LILJAN59
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up AKL Balconies

We have stayed there several times. I would recommend breakfast on the balcony to watch the animals, or drinks there in the evening. I have watched the giraffes at 10pm. Employees Aldo drive around in their 4 wheelers to check on the animals, and even replenish grassy food supplies. I have even seen them get out and walk to check on the animals. Enjoy your trip!
LILJAN59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
hakepb
DIS Veteran

I love balcony time! But July at Boardwalk...even the morning was a bit less pleasant than the May and November I'm used to. July is typically 92 and humid, so it really depends what you are comfortable with.

In general, "shade" at Kidani is just the balcony above you. At least the Sunset Savanna is to the east, so there may be a bit more afternoon shade from the balcony.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Polynesian27
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the posts! How are the balconies in the 1 Bedroom villas, is there two different balconies one off the living room and one off the master bedroom?
Polynesian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
LILJAN59
Mouseketeer

Smile 1BR at AKL

I have only stayed in a studio, and a 1BR lock off. With the lock off the balcony was off the living room and another one off the studio. I would guess the balconies would be off the LR and MBR. That is just ny guess!
LILJAN59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
TSMIII
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynesian27 View Post
Thank you for the posts! How are the balconies in the 1 Bedroom villas, is there two different balconies one off the living room and one off the master bedroom?
It is one long balcony running the length of the villa, with access from both the living room and the master bedroom.

TSMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
drusba

DIS Veteran

Balcony for 1BR is one long, single balcony for both living room and bedroom. In july it will be hot on the balconies, and very hot midday. There are not many rooms that actually face north, for which the sun in mid-day would be to the south and you could still have some shade from the building while on the balcony. (If you find and look at a map of the resort to see which areas face north, note that the Jambo front entrance faces south and Kidani front entrance faces west. Most savanna rooms at both buildings face mainly east or west but some face south and some north.)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

at 2 pm would definitely be inside - depending upon the resort - Jambo House or Kidani - JH - would go visit the lobby - K - would go visit the community hall or at both walk around the resorts -look out the windows - and look at the amazing stuff (museum quality) they are showing.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: